Indy @ ?

hsfbfan1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure which question it is you want answered, you have asked and at times answered so many. I am so happy that Smiths two whole catches (all that were thrown to him, by the way) made you glad(I believe they both resulted in first downs, but who actually tracks any other players stats, eh?) And you are certainly entitiled to your opinion regarding the QB, as I should be without suspicions, game tape offers, etc.

I'm sure you wish nothing but the best for Nick Smith(as long as he is not the the starting QB). And I beleive that I have referenced other players in my previous posts. But, just in case seeing Smith's name on the post blinded you to this, let me just say again the Sheppard had a great Friday.

Also this year Thomas Berry has been playing well along with Drew Kelly, TK Holmes, Cameron Williams, Taylor Dixon, etc..And one question remains at the running back position. Do they have one? I know Josh Baily can and should run the ball, he just never seems to get that opportunity. They also have another player who was initially told he couldn't play this year but was eventually allowed to join the team after a senior vote-Taylor Dixon could be making contributions on both sides of the ball if given the opportunity. Oportunity, it seems is in short supply for many players on this team who could conribute to the team.

Yes, there are other players who should be discussed, however, do we need more bandwagons or reasons to defend the existing status quo? If this bothers you then please resist your urge to post as I have been trying to do too. Although, like you, I am also weak and feel compelled at times to reply. It must be a sickness.

I will ask you no more questions since you won't answer them. That's OK. I will leave the posting to the current parents/fans since I have no vested interest like some do. I hope whoever plays whatever position the best (yes everyone). I want the team to win and whatever player at whatever position gives them the best chance, I am rooting for them. Have a nice season. Good luck at Lincoln County tonight.

Its gonna be a rough year for INDY, with losses to Centennial & Franklin already, this year has the potential to be horrific. INDY better get it together because with probable looses to Lincoln Co., Brentwood, & Ravenwood, this year could quickly become a 5-loss season. Which would bring up some interesting questions. Everyone rallies around the fan-base and the massive support surrounding the Eagles, but where was the aggresive atmosphere when Franklin spanked us, If INDY is such an imposing place to play, why were half the fans gone by the 3rd quarter?

This season will be a crucial "litmus-test" for Coach Eubanks, He did a decent job last year (by riding out Smith's wave) but this year's team (and the years to come) will be Eubanks' legacy, and if that is the case it is not looking good. Last night signified a clean-sweep of INDY by the Franklin Rebels (Varsity/ JV/ Freshman) every level of football at IHS was destroyed by FHS, is that was INDY fans have to looks forward too? "circling the wagons"???? we will see who is on the band-wagon after INDY looses to every-single-region-rival (FHS, CHS, RHS, BHS), is this what Coach Eubanks has established at INDY...Is this INDY's future???

Its gonna be a rough year for INDY, with losses to Centennial & Franklin already, this year has the potential to be horrific. INDY better get it together because with probable looses to Lincoln Co., Brentwood, & Ravenwood, this year could quickly become a 5-loss season. Which would bring up some interesting questions. Everyone rallies around the fan-base and the massive support surrounding the Eagles, but where was the aggresive atmosphere when Franklin spanked us, If INDY is such an imposing place to play, why were half the fans gone by the 3rd quarter?

This season will be a crucial "litmus-test" for Coach Eubanks, He did a decent job last year (by riding out Smith's wave) but this year's team (and the years to come) will be Eubanks' legacy, and if that is the case it is not looking good. Last night signified a clean-sweep of INDY by the Franklin Rebels (Varsity/ JV/ Freshman) every level of football at IHS was destroyed by FHS, is that was INDY fans have to looks forward too? "circling the wagons"???? we will see who is on the band-wagon after INDY looses to every-single-region-rival (FHS, CHS, RHS, BHS), is this what Coach Eubanks has established at INDY...Is this INDY's future???

It certainly isn't looking too good for Indy. However I know with Eubanks in charge they can keep things straight and get back on the winning path. And I did notice that a lot of the fans were leaving at the beginning of the 2nd half which implies that they really don't care about the team just if they are winning.

To think there would not be some challenges this year after graduating as many seniors and starters would be naive. Looking at the players coming up from the Freshman, JV and even from middle school, things will improve. Indy has lost at the JV and Freshman levels to Franklin every year so that is not unusual. How can this year be a litmus test? It is his 2nd year on the job. Riding Smith's wave, get real. Indy isn't the only school that people leave in the 2nd half when losing big. I take it you are not a Eubanks fan?

.........I'm gonna guess you didn't win the "Most School Spirit" award in the yearbook.

I will ask you no more questions since you won't answer them. That's OK. I will leave the posting to the current parents/fans since I have no vested interest like some do. I hope whoever plays whatever position the best (yes everyone). I want the team to win and whatever player at whatever position gives them the best chance, I am rooting for them. Have a nice season. Good luck at Lincoln County tonight.

Exactly what question is it that you require an answer to? As for the rest of your post--pleasent thoughts! Would that it were.

I agree with everyone above: enough with the QB debate. I'm sure everyone at Indy is sick of talking about it, just as everyone else is sick of hearing about it. Eubanks isn't going to send out a poll asking who should be the QB, so all of this talk is for naught. What happened in the past is done. And whether you think its fair or not, Heckman is the QB at Indy. You don't have to like it, but at least swallow the pill and accept it.

And look Indy fans, I know what its like to suffer through a disappointing season. It seems like nothing is working and the team is in a downward spiral. But before you break out the torches and pitchforks, step back and look at the situation. You lost the majority of your key players last year; regardless of who you are, you're not going to easily recover from that. But you do have an extremely talented QB, a plethora of young athletic playmakers, a line that is showing improvement every game, and a coach that has proven he can carry a team through rough times. While it may look rough, this future is bright for this Indy team.

I agree with everyone above: enough with the QB debate. I'm sure everyone at Indy is sick of talking about it, just as everyone else is sick of hearing about it. Eubanks isn't going to send out a poll asking who should be the QB, so all of this talk is for naught. What happened in the past is done. And whether you think its fair or not, Heckman is the QB at Indy. You don't have to like it, but at least swallow the pill and accept it.

And look Indy fans, I know what its like to suffer through a disappointing season. It seems like nothing is working and the team is in a downward spiral. But before you break out the torches and pitchforks, step back and look at the situation. You lost the majority of your key players last year; regardless of who you are, you're not going to easily recover from that. But you do have an extremely talented QB, a plethora of young athletic playmakers, a line that is showing improvement every game, and a coach that has proven he can carry a team through rough times. While it may look rough, this future is bright for this Indy team.

I do hope you are right on this.

Im sick of the bashing already too...what if Heckman or even Smith was YOUR kid??? Keep those derogatory comments to yourself....talk about the game or whatever...when it comes to the individuals...keep it clean.

"goldendome" didnt you say you just lived close by and took on Indy as your team? Support them then and have respect for a stray eye or two that may be reading this post...you and sleeper need to exchange regular email addresses if you want to BASH people.....

Good Luck!

Could not have seen a better post on this topic!