Indy @ ?

hsfbfan1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next week should just be business as usual for the Eagles. Forget the record and just focus on improvement after every game. If you do that the wins will follow. I don't think anyone was expecting a State-Calibur season this year, although they do have some good talent. Indy lost the majority of their key guys from last year, and thats not an easy thing to immediately recover from, especially when that team was in the finals last year. Alot of these guys didn't play or played sparingly coming into the season, and everyone knew it would take time for them to get up to speed. Indy will get better, and they will get better this season. They have a gem at QB in Heckman and alot of young playmakers that will be great in a year or two. Not sure what this year will hold, but I think in a year or two, you will see this team back at the top of the region.

I'm Not sure where the program is headed for this year whether that be a 4-6 type team or 7-3(which would be 3 years in a row). I know that they are neither young nor old, it's somewhat balanced as far as the guys out there playing on Friday nights. But I don't know the extent to Heckman's injuries, but based on what I saw out of Smith on Friday night (and yes some of it was against their JV) I would really like to see him gets some reps at QB. If any of the coaches are reading this (not sure why they would) I hope you will give some serious consideration to my above statement concerning Smith at QB.

I still think this team can make the playoffs but looking down the road they loose the tie braker to Centennial which could come back to haunt them in the end.

I'm Not sure where the program is headed for this year whether that be a 4-6 type team or 7-3(which would be 3 years in a row). I know that they are neither young nor old, it's somewhat balanced as far as the guys out there playing on Friday nights. But I don't know the extent to Heckman's injuries, but based on what I saw out of Smith on Friday night (and yes some of it was against their JV) I would really like to see him gets some reps at QB. If any of the coaches are reading this (not sure why they would) I hope you will give some serious consideration to my above statement concerning Smith at QB.

I still think this team can make the playoffs but looking down the road they loose the tie braker to Centennial which could come back to haunt them in the end.

well all of it was against the JV... it still doesnt prove that Smith needs to be the starter. i'll tell you this that heckman kid impressed me with sitting in the pocket all night and getting punished for it. he showed that he needs to be the starter just be sheer GUTS!!! that is the best quality a quarterback can have and he defianetly proved it. heckman is the man

well all of it was against the JV... it still doesnt prove that Smith needs to be the starter. i'll tell you this that heckman kid impressed me with sitting in the pocket all night and getting punished for it. he showed that he needs to be the starter just be sheer GUTS!!! that is the best quality a quarterback can have and he defianetly proved it. heckman is the man

i agree looking at the tape of the game the kid didnt have any time to look at any kind of reads at all - AS FOR INDY i figured they would have a tough time this year due to the fact they LOST so many key players 16 of 22 - what really stands out is the lack of run defense or should I SAY no run defense- tween CHS and FHS id like to see the number of yards they gave up versus the run - the coaches at IHS are too smart and they had a bye week they had to have known FHS was gonna run the ball --- any keys to what is up with the D

i agree looking at the tape of the game the kid didnt have any time to look at any kind of reads at all - AS FOR INDY i figured they would have a tough time this year due to the fact they LOST so many key players 16 of 22 - what really stands out is the lack of run defense or should I SAY no run defense- tween CHS and FHS id like to see the number of yards they gave up versus the run - the coaches at IHS are too smart and they had a bye week they had to have known FHS was gonna run the ball --- any keys to what is up with the D

There is some truth to the fact he had no time at all in the pocket to make hardly any reads. But unfortunately you have to score points to win a game. That didn't happen when Heckman was in the game but did when Smith was. And yes Indy did lose 16 staters from last year, but many (half) of those were 1st year starters as well.

There is some truth to the fact he had no time at all in the pocket to make hardly any reads. But unfortunately you have to score points to win a game. That didn't happen when Heckman was in the game but did when Smith was. And yes Indy did lose 16 staters from last year, but many (half) of those were 1st year starters as well.

sleeper, i dont care if you have peyton manning in there if you have no time to release the ball and even have a chance to look at your reads you dont have a chance at all -smith was playing against 2nd and third team plus look at tapes FHS didnt run any blitz packages nor did they swap of defensive calls - hardly any were 1st year starters

sleeper, i dont care if you have peyton manning in there if you have no time to release the ball and even have a chance to look at your reads you dont have a chance at all -smith was playing against 2nd and third team plus look at tapes FHS didnt run any blitz packages nor did they swap of defensive calls - hardly any were 1st year starters

I'm not arguing that it wasn't easier for Smith than Heckman. My point is Smith put points on the board and Heckman didn't. And I count out of the 22 positions last year on offense and defense 9 were first year starters. Correct me if I'm wrong or you would like an elaboration.

I'm not arguing that it wasn't easier for Smith than Heckman. My point is Smith put points on the board and Heckman didn't. And I count out of the 22 positions last year on offense and defense 9 were first year starters. Correct me if I'm wrong or you would like an elaboration.

Putting points up against 2nd and 3rd stringers after the outcome of a game is determined counts for very little. Smith couldnt put up many points last year against 1st stringers when he lost his position. Its no different this year. If he had shown his coaches in games and in practices that he was the man, then he would be the starter. He hasnt, so he's the backup. Cheer, hold a clip board, wave to the cheerleaders, and when the starter has to come out, be loose and ready to go...thats the role of a backup QB.

for arguments sake whom were 9 first year starters on last years squad

for arguments sake whom were 9 first year starters on last years squad

That's fine. But I will take a different approach. The 9 starters lost from the 06 team were Grigsby, Haney, and Hazard on the OL. Darnell at WR. On defense Grigsby (DL), Sheffield and Martin at LB, Darnell at CB, and Dilereto at S. I attended half of their games that year and am basing my information off of those games and word of mouth.

That's fine. But I will take a different approach. The 9 starters lost from the 06 team were Grigsby, Haney, and Hazard on the OL. Darnell at WR. On defense Grigsby (DL), Sheffield and Martin at LB, Darnell at CB, and Dilereto at S. I attended half of their games that year and am basing my information off of those games and word of mouth.

Watch out Sleeper! They're circling the bandwagons! Don't you know by now that it only means something when #7 scores points? You should be getting offers of 'game tapes' any minute now from the usual suspects. Although, it was interesting in the 4th qtr. wasn't it? Put me in mind of the Dixon game a couple of years ago when Smith replaced Cordelle.

Opps! That was then and this is now. Sorry all you bandwagoners! Please, no offers of game tapes. I'll just take pride in the fact that #7 had the 'guts' to stand in there and get pounded while he lost the game.

Again, I forget the rules: when the game is lost it's a team loss; when it's won #7 won the game. My bad!