East Ridge @ Sequoyah

bigclittleh

The East Ridge QB throws the long ball effetively, his receivers seem to drop several. ER favors running b-c gap on the weak side of their offense. Defensive ends do not get uphill and seem to hang around the line of scrimmage to read and react. Sometimes go to 3-5 alignment to defense the spread and the wing. Kicker usually gets the ball into the endzone and the ko team does not hustle to the kick returner. They have two really good lb that punish with a hit. This will be an interesting game. May come down to Coach Martin being the difference in the game...... we'll see. Game should be very competitive!

Thanks for the insight! Go Chiefs!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job Chiefs!! Way to go out and get that "W". Good job by the coaches calling the game. Once we went to that double wing and ran the veer and those misdirection plays east ridge could not stop it. I don't know what we ended up with, but we had to have over 300 yards rushing last night. After watching these first 5 games there is no doubt that this team is at its best when we line up and run this offense. The wings had a big game last night. Carson & Breeden both seem to be getting around 5 to 6 yards a carry. 1st time i have seen us do this all year and stick with it. Great job by the Oline, big holes to run through all night. We did'nt throw the ball near as much but when we did we did it out of this set. I think that is when we are most affective in the passing game. Also the Defense is getting better each week. Our secondary was really hitting last night, knocked some balls loose. Defense is alot better than we were at the first of the season. Work hard this week and lets go get Tellico. Don't over look them they are much improved and they will play us harder than anyone else they play.

Great job Chiefs!! Way to go out and get that "W". Good job by the coaches calling the game. Once we went to that double wing and ran the veer and those misdirection plays east ridge could not stop it. I don't know what we ended up with, but we had to have over 300 yards rushing last night. After watching these first 5 games there is no doubt that this team is at its best when we line up and run this offense. The wings had a big game last night. Carson & Breeden both seem to be getting around 5 to 6 yards a carry. 1st time i have seen us do this all year and stick with it. Great job by the Oline, big holes to run through all night. We did'nt throw the ball near as much but when we did we did it out of this set. I think that is when we are most affective in the passing game. Also the Defense is getting better each week. Our secondary was really hitting last night, knocked some balls loose. Defense is alot better than we were at the first of the season. Work hard this week and lets go get Tellico. Don't over look them they are much improved and they will play us harder than anyone else they play.

I agree RedWhite, we run the the double wing very effectively! Seems like when we run the I-formation or the power I, we are just not effective. And the blocking scheme for the double wing changes all the rules for what the defense thinks we should do, and when these things happen the defenses have a hard time adjusting. Take last night for instance, East Ridge was slanting hard away from the strong side (in their mind the wide side of the field was the strong side) and this made the blocking so easy for the lineman, I'm guessing we ran those two plays thru the 4 and 5 holes about 40 times last night and when your getting that much yardage on each carry, well that just made the passing game simple. The secondary did bring the wood last night and did knock the ball loose a couple of times. One thing that did help alot last night was getting rest for some folks who go both ways, it really helped the offense when we rotate lineman on defense and White and Steinhart can take a break on defense. I also thought our outside LB's played well, they did a great job turning the sweeps back to the inside toward our help. Anyway I could just go and on but we need to get focused on the Bears of Tellico Plains. GO CHIEFS!!!