greenback at union county

yoyo98

i have seen both teams play and this game will be over at halftime not even close. greenback by a whole bunch union co. has a good team but just not getting it done. maybe they can turn it around but i do not think it will be against greenback they are very good and physical. good luck to both. but i have to say g.b. by 28.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. UC has some really good players, and at least 4 or 5 will be playing college football next fall. With that said, UC has no O line, and most are of the opinion to start playing some younger O lineman, they can't be any worst. UC can't run between the tackles, and with the QB they are playing, Greenback's defence can score on picks alone, if their DB's can catch the ball. UC has a very good defence, although a number of players are hurt. UC has 2 of the best RB's in East Tennessee, and if they can get a little daylight, they can take it to the house anytime they get the ball. UC also has 2 WR's that are as good as any around, and better than most, but UC can't get the ball to them. The UC kicking game will likely play a factor in the game, as this is an area that desperately needs improving on. GB will have oportunities to make plays, and if they are able to take advantage of them, I think GB will win. UC can have an easy win, if they:

1) Change their offensive phylosiphy, spread offence and shotgun, quick short passing (Slants)

2) Make a number of offensive personal changes, QB and O line

3) Make a couple of personal changes in the Kick off and xtra point game

The wonderful UC coaching staff will not do this though.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm laughing at you as I type this. I get this mental picture of some 30+ year old, unemployed dork , living at Mom's house rent free and spending all day on her computer surrounded by bags of junk food and soda pop. No doubt if you ever played on a football team you were the guy in the sparkling clean uniform carrying the little sticks around so you could clean the mud from the real player's cleats. I am sure you were quick with the water cups too.

CoachT is not as anonymous as you might think , somebody is liable to find out who you are, tap you on the shoulder and say BOO ! then laugh while you wet yourself.

Since you brought it up Greenback has been way down the last couple of years but they have quietly been building and do their talking on the field. I won't make any comparisons with Grace because you may not be associated with the school and it would be unfair to condem an entire school or program because of the ramblings of a lone idiot.

Hypothetical (poster that uses Grace Christian Academy that means assumed by hypothesis, ok try this- supposed) situation, if I had a choice (and I do) to move my kids to that area and pick between the two schools based on football promise and tradition I'd say go 'Kees! Keep the #10 in mind. You'll be seeing A LOT of it soon!

As far as the upcoming game. Tough one, but I'll say the boys' from Greenback win by a field goal. I heard it said their kicker can flat out get it done.

Hypothetical (poster that uses Grace Christian Academy that means assumed by hypothesis, ok try this- supposed) situation, if I had a choice (and I do) to move my kids to that area and pick between the two schools based on football promise and tradition I'd say go 'Kees! Keep the #10 in mind. You'll be seeing A LOT of it soon!

As far as the upcoming game. Tough one, but I'll say the boys' from Greenback win by a field goal. I heard it said their kicker can flat out get it done.

sir i dont mean to be disrespectful, but in 1989 the young man who will forever wear #10 was killed by a drunk driver one month before graduation. that number has been retired ever since but we have plenty of other numbers, by the way his name waas Todd Lee Hammontree, a wonderful young man who died way to soon. two years after we succeeded in being perfect 1987 state champions 15-0 a true perfect season GCA.

sir i dont mean to be disrespectful, but in 1989 the young man who will forever wear #10 was killed by a drunk driver one month before graduation. that number has been retired ever since but we have plenty of other numbers, by the way his name waas Todd Lee Hammontree, a wonderful young man who died way to soon. two years after we succeeded in being perfect 1987 state champions 15-0 a true perfect season GCA.

Your not being disrespectful at all! In fact, your reply was a class act. Unfortunately, I know all to well about drunk drivers. My fault, I had no idea. #10 should never be warn again at Greenback. I wore it when I played, and both my sons wear it now up here. With even more respect now! If I offended anyone in Greenback my apologies. Absolutely not intended. Go 'Kees!

Your not being disrespectful at all! In fact, your reply was a class act. Unfortunately, I know all to well about drunk drivers. My fault, I had no idea. #10 should never be warn again at Greenback. I wore it when I played, and both my sons wear it now up here. With even more respect now! If I offended anyone in Greenback my apologies. Absolutely not intended. Go 'Kees!

MTM I can't wait till you get here but as for this friday UC had better keep the #14 in mind because he will show you a new meaning of Quickness!

I'll go with Greenback 35-7. Had a meltdown last year against UC, won't happen again this year.

Greenback will wear you down with their power backs, then run you to death with the dangerous QB throwing to his very capable recievers. I would like to see #25 have a big game, thats just me though.

MovedToMichigan, if you decide to make the move to Greenback, I would be glad to help you if I can. Any questions or other information, you can contact me at tnties@aol.com.

Todd Hammontree was a close friend of mind, mature beyond his years. Will always be in the hearts and minds of those who loved him. I have been away for awhile, but there used to be a softball tournament named in his memory. Anyone know if they still put the tournament on? If so, I would like to put a team together and play in it again.

To the Grace Christian guy, yes it has been a few years since Greenback has been in the playoffs, but it isn't because the program dropped off that much. Yes the program has been down some, but the talent level in the region got stronger and much improved. My suggestion to you is don't bite off more than you can chew. Once you have faced the likes of Greenback, Oneida, and Midway in the playoffs and actually compete with them, then you can start being overly confident. Another thought, South Pitt has been a consistent powerhouse. Once you have at least competed with them, then you can call yourself a legitimate program. Until then enjoy your success with less arrogance.

Is this the same Greenback team that hasn't even sniffed the playoffs the past few seasons?

Region I is 9-20 vs. Region II in the playoffs in the past 5 years. All 9 wins were Hampton. Every team in Region II including Oakdale and Sunbright could have made the playoffs in Region I in each of those years. So, try winning a playoff game before you brag about being there.

Really looking forward to watching this game. I don't know that much about Union Co., but if Greenback can put together a solid, fairly mistake free game I have no doubts they can leave Maynardville with another W. The offense and defense have both looked really sharp over the last four games. However, they do start looking a bit tired in the 4th. A lot of that might have to do with depth issues.

In any case, good luck to the Kees. Those guys are hard workers and truly deserve a phenomenal season.

Region I is 9-20 vs. Region II in the playoffs in the past 5 years. All 9 wins were Hampton. Every team in Region II including Oakdale and Sunbright could have made the playoffs in Region I in each of those years. So, try winning a playoff game before you brag about being there.

cloudland had a win in there too, but yes I agree with the rest.

Is this the same Greenback team that hasn't even sniffed the playoffs the past few seasons?

i hope u do play greenback sometime soon! and didnt they kill you all in the 7 on 7? althought 7 on 7 dont mean anything but i seen your athletic ability in your secondary /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />