William Blount @ Maryville

FBEmeritus

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I agree with her that she was smokin hot? YES...

But seriously, I would have been Switzerland and put it on someone above me to make the call.

But personally, if it was factual and educational in nature and helped just one person make a better life changing decision, then yes. Print it and circulate it. The tattoo story, not so much. It was just for shock value.

Do I think that it is the school's reponsibility to teach kids about mature subjects? No. But some kids do not have a mature individual or individuals (mom&dad) to show them the way and they need to have some resource for that (school and church).

Next.... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Staying focused on the game at hand by sticking to the intent of the thread I have a few thoughts.

WB??™s last week's 33-7 loss to Ooltewah it seems to me was closer than some might think. The best team of the night won, but the Gov??™s did not play their best ball. Key issue I thought to be WB??™s Defense being on the field most of the game and were put into bad field position because the WB offence turned the ball over to many times. The Owls played in the short field and took advantage of the situation like most well coached teams will. WB??™s D should challenge the Rebels but I don??™t expect WB to be able to score too many points on this rebel defense. It seems Jimmy Gaylor has again got his starters and 2nd platoon to really step it up to allow the Offence to work out some rough edges. Thus far this year the rebel D has only given up an average of 9.8 points over 5 games. Opponents on the ground have been allowed 130 yards on the ground and have yielded only 88 yards through the air. The down side, if there is one is these numbers have come verses teams with a combined record of 10-11. Not overly impressive but the Rebels do what is necessary to win the games still. The run game is what WB will really try to establish but if they turn the ball over early, the game will be over early.

I say Maryville needs to continue to focus on one team at a time and make sure the WB Gov??™s don??™t get the upper hand and the early momentum in this game. It would be bad to end the streak vs. a team, a county rival, that is 0-4 in front of the home bleachers. Go Rebs!

i believe the owls had 3 or 4 touchdowns called back. WB had 1 called back. IMO it was the worst game the owls have played this year.

check out the state track & field from this past year, all those guys from Ooltewah were juniors last year and seniors this year.

Hey Primetime... YOU ARE CORRECT my brother. Don't waste your breath on this one. He puts his foot in his mouth regularly on here from what I have read. Besides that, the Memphis teams are down some this year. I happen to have a brother in Memphis and he said the play was not up to the norm. I am sure they have some talented athletes as they have so many kids in that area, but I would put #36 up against ANYONE..and I do mean ANYONE. The Owls know WHO (sorry for the pun) would win that battle, why else has UT been scouting him since before last year. Memphis being down some is also why I think you see so many East TN teams in the top rankings this year.

GO OWLS!!! ....and GO WB!!! (you guys show more class)

I should charge admission for these things...first Geography, now Civics...

For some back ground Click Here.

This was actually addressed in School Dist. v. Kuhlmeier, 484 US 260 (1988) But the debate was weather the forum was Public or Private. (that phrase sounds familiar around here) /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Ervin was able to be blessed with a Jefferson Muzzle Award for her actions, protecting our youth from themselves.

Anyway, I am just glad she left Alcoa and Heritage Middle before embarassing them and leaving ORHS smarting. The advisor for the Paper left for literally greener pastures at Webb School, and Ervin has been on a milk carton ever since.

But man was she smokin hot!

APB thanks fer tha story.....How hot wuz she???....And by "smokin' hot" do ewe meen she wuz purty??????....Orr do ewe meen she wuz mad like Bldrunner's Oke Gridge coach got last yeer after a game with a county rival??????........ /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

check out the state track & field from this past year, all those guys from Ooltewah were juniors last year and seniors this year.

I did not read about the Owls having 3 scores called back. I know two years ago when WB visited, the coach was not to happy with the officals and some of those calls. Do you think the calls for the called back scores were on the level?

I was told WB tried to pass more than average and had little success vs. the Owl's. What is the truth on that?

Hey Primetime... YOU ARE CORRECT my brother. Don't waste your breath on this one. He puts his foot in his mouth regularly on here from what I have read. Besides that, the Memphis teams are down some this year. I happen to have a brother in Memphis and he said the play was not up to the norm. I am sure they have some talented athletes as they have so many kids in that area, but I would put #36 up against ANYONE..and I do mean ANYONE. The Owls know WHO (sorry for the pun) would win that battle, why else has UT been scouting him since before last year. Memphis being down some is also why I think you see so many East TN teams in the top rankings this year.

GO OWLS!!! ....and GO WB!!! (you guys show more class)

since I seldom post I'm sure you have "regularly" been reading my posts. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I'm sure the Owls have some good athletes but the best in the state. OK. BTW UT recruits hundreds of kids starting their junior year. I'm sure #36 is a good/great athlete but the UT thing doesn't say much.

since I seldom post I'm sure you have "regularly" been reading my posts. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I'm sure the Owls have some good athletes but the best in the state. OK. BTW UT recruits hundreds of kids starting their junior year. I'm sure #36 is a good/great athlete but the UT thing doesn't say much.

MLREB, #36 Jacquez Smith will be the #1 recruit in the state of TN next year. i am not saying maryville doesnt have very good athletes, cause i know they do. Ooltewah is blessed with very good athletes this year.

APB thanks fer tha story.....How hot wuz she???....And by "smokin' hot" do ewe meen she wuz purty??????....Orr do ewe meen she wuz mad like Bldrunner's Oke Gridge coach got last yeer after a game with a county rival??????........ /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

HA!I found her....she is at Vine Middle Magnet.