Hickman County's season and future.....

4Horsemen

Fellow Bulldog fans I do not know what is going on in this town right now but I'm not liking it. It has started with the team that we all know and love not living up to expectations, that is getting better I still think the offense is still lacking and the only life we see is when we run the Wing T which all of our boys feel comfortable with. But we still travel and support our team every where we go we yell for our boys and normally out number the home team. What happened last night after the game is disrespectfully to all of our fans. We have been out on the field with our kids most of us since junior pro and even if the school has "good reason" for not letting us out there the communication between one school official Mike Smithson and the parents is just plain dead wrong. School employees in which Mr. Smithson is our employee and the field is our field and the team is our team made up of our boys who use our time to practice for a game and a TEAM that we love. Mr Smithson Arrogance is unacceptable and I will be calling the school board county commissoners, letters to the editors and anyone else who will listen. Mr Smithson if someone you know sees this and prints this off for you I hope you realize that as you were yelling at us YOU WERE WALKING ACROSS THE TRACK AND NOT ON THE TARP THAT WAS PUT ON THERE FOR PEOPLE TO WALK OVER BUT OH YEAH YOU ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN WE THE PARENTS ARE.

GO DAWGS.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fellow Bulldog fans I do not know what is going on in this town right now but I'm not liking it. It has started with the team that we all know and love not living up to expectations, that is getting better I still think the offense is still lacking and the only life we see is when we run the Wing T which all of our boys feel comfortable with. But we still travel and support our team every where we go we yell for our boys and normally out number the home team. What happened last night after the game is disrespectfully to all of our fans. We have been out on the field with our kids most of us since junior pro and even if the school has "good reason" for not letting us out there the communication between one school official Mike Smithson and the parents is just plain dead wrong. School employees in which Mr. Smithson is our employee and the field is our field and the team is our team made up of our boys who use our time to practice for a game and a TEAM that we love. Mr Smithson Arrogance is unacceptable and I will be calling the school board county commissoners, letters to the editors and anyone else who will listen. Mr Smithson if someone you know sees this and prints this off for you I hope you realize that as you were yelling at us YOU WERE WALKING ACROSS THE TRACK AND NOT ON THE TARP THAT WAS PUT ON THERE FOR PEOPLE TO WALK OVER BUT OH YEAH YOU ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN WE THE PARENTS ARE.

GO DAWGS.

I wasn't at the game, but after talking to my Mom and my Brother after the game last night I can honestly say that I wholeheartedly agree with this. The family members and other fans have always come out on the field after the game and surrounded the team while the coach talks. The hugs and other supportive gestures that are offered to the players after they've physically exhausted themselves on the field can revive them and let them know that their hard work was appreciated. That being said, I think it's crap that the families and friends weren't allowed out there. I know the field and track are nice and new and pretty, but they play FOOTBALL on the field with CLEATS, and the track is made specifically to be RUN and WALKED on. Come on, seriously. This is ridiculous. My Aunt wanted to take a picture of my bro to send to me way up in Washington, D.C., but couldn't because she couldn't get to him before he went to the locker room and changed. And that really stinks.

I left with 1 min to go, so i could beat the big crowd. Can someone please let me know what is going on? I talked to Mr. Smithson at length before the game. He wouldn't let the parents on the field? At homecoming? Please fill me in with the entire story. This is been tradition for many years and this could cause friction between parents and the AD/Coaches.

Thanks....

After watching the Bulldogs tonight, I am man enough to say I have to eat some crow on this one. The Bulldogs looked really good tonight. The offense isn't as explosive as last year, but things are really clicking. Guess I wasn't being logical. I think things are going to continue to get better. The past two weeks the coaching staff have made HUGE strides.

Looking forward to the rest of the season...

Nothing but respect from me, Aftershock. It takes a big man to admit when he was wrong. I appreciate your candidness. Roll on Big Dawgs!!!

GO DAWGS.

didnt you know that Mke Smithson owns that field. He will do what he wants or what Mr. Mathis or Roger Dotson tells him to do. In all honestly he carries a big footprint in our town. My mom thought she was doing the right thing a few years ago and confronting them on a childish issue such as this. Needless to say, we paid the price. Our town is slowly trying to work its way out of this click stuff , but there are some old strongholds that are still with the old ways. please be careful, unless you have strong ties with the rulers.

And the democrats have struck a deal to win the Presidential election since the Republicans have had two terms in office. C'mon...what is the value in posting garbage like this?!?

BTW, we are not related in ANY way to Lewis Co.

I was trying to defend YOUR coach by making fun of a stupid statement that was made by one of your own. Wheather you like it or not when you live within 20 miles of someone there are relatives. Remember Maro? His Dad is from LC and I believe that you have a few on your team now that are connected to Gods' County (LC). Maybe ya'll have final got some football blood on your team and that's why ya'll are finally turning the corner.................... BDS I say all this is gest so don't panic and get your feelings hurt. It's good to see our "friends" to the North getting on track. It makes Oct. 17th a lot more fun.

GO DAWGS.

Parents and spectators have no business on the field and in the middle of the team while the coach is addressing them following the game. This should be a time for the people directly involved in the game (coaches & players) to discuss and reflect on the events that just took place. The coach should be able to openly and honestly talk with his team without having to filter and be aware of what outside ears are listening. There is plenty of time for pictures and hugs and congratulations AFTER the coach has had time to privately meet with his team. This is not the problem. The problem is that this "tradition" has been allowed to take place up unitl this point. Honestly, how many other teams and sports do you see allowing parents right in the middle of team meetings? And you feel disrespected because the coach wants some privacy immediately following the game to meet with his team. Give me a break.

Parents and spectators have no business on the field and in the middle of the team while the coach is addressing them following the game. This should be a time for the people directly involved in the game (coaches & players) to discuss and reflect on the events that just took place. The coach should be able to openly and honestly talk with his team without having to filter and be aware of what outside ears are listening. There is plenty of time for pictures and hugs and congratulations AFTER the coach has had time to privately meet with his team. This is not the problem. The problem is that this "tradition" has been allowed to take place up unitl this point. Honestly, how many other teams and sports do you see allowing parents right in the middle of team meetings? And you feel disrespected because the coach wants some privacy immediately following the game to meet with his team. Give me a break.

Don't have a "dog" in this fight, no pun intended; but you are correct. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Parents and spectators have no business being in the team meeting.

It is a "team" meeting. Not a parent/spectator meeting.

What's next? The Moms going into the dressing room to make sure junior washed behind his ears. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

GO DAWGS.

Tell me this is a joke. You are going to write articles, call commissioners and board members because you are upset you can't walk on the field and talk to Junior. If I am not mistake there is probably some issues involved besides "we don't want mom and dad on the field." Like the last post, give the team some breathing room, then you can talk to your kid. Traditions change for different reasons and you should not take it personal. Oh and if I am not mistake I think "school employees" do not work for you and they pay their own pay as well.

I was trying to defend YOUR coach by making fun of a stupid statement that was made by one of your own. Wheather you like it or not when you live within 20 miles of someone there are relatives. Remember Maro? His Dad is from LC and I believe that you have a few on your team now that are connected to Gods' County (LC). Maybe ya'll have final got some football blood on your team and that's why ya'll are finally turning the corner.................... BDS I say all this is gest so don't panic and get your feelings hurt. It's good to see our "friends" to the North getting on track. It makes Oct. 17th a lot more fun.

"Friends" is acceptable, until the 17th of course!

'What we have here, is failure to communicate.'~ from the movie, Cool Hand Luke. RIP Paul Newman...........

What part of 'Stay off the track' don't you understand? I saw it at the JV game we went to last week. That being the case and fans being what they are, maybe the administration should take the extra precautions that would eliminate the possibility of fans getting on the brand new track like fencing and security personnel.

From uh........experience, I wouldn't try to make any snowmen on the track after the first big snowfall. What will happen see, is the top 1" or so of the track will adher to the snowball as you're rolling it around and you'll have a big gray snowman and a ruined track.

Don't have a "dog" in this fight, no pun intended; but you are correct. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Parents and spectators have no business being in the team meeting.

It is a "team" meeting. Not a parent/spectator meeting.

What's next? The Moms going into the dressing room to make sure junior washed behind his ears. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I agree with this post. Parents do not have any business being in these post game meetings. Fans and parents should be kept back behind the fence (if the have one) until after the team meeting.