District 11A

thenomad

I thought Culleoka ran their system effectively and they had pretty good post play. They have a slower tempo and zone defense. This was the 2nd game for CA and probably Culleoka. They were tied at the half. CA will be an up tempo team and they got sloppy in the 2nd half. I would not be surprised if these teams split their games this season. I like 3 of CA's freshman. They put out alot of energy in their first game and it seemed to catch up with them in the 2nd half of the Culleoka game. Coach Helton played a tight man to man defense that looked good at times. The score in this game was low (33-23). I know it was their first week of practice, but Culleoka looked better running their offense and defense. I do think CA has some young talent, that coach Helton will develope under her system. She comes from and played for coaches with up tempo systems in high school and college.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CA and Culleoka will definitely battle it out for the 5 and 6 seed. Probably don't need to count out Huntland yet. This top 4 is pretty much a done deal. I don't think either of these bottom 3 teams can compete!

I do not disagree. CA has no history for winning in basketball, but I do think if coach Helton stays and grows with the program, there is hope for their program. It should be interesting to see what they'll look like by the mid to end of the season. CA does have some really young talent and if groomed could be good in the next 2-3 years.

Moore county looked good at playday. carrying in mind thy really dont have that much on the bench having 8 players pretty much a small team with one true post. have proven leaders lookin for those that had had much playin time to step up should be a good year aslong as no injuries occur and evrybody stays happy with the coach !!!

Cornersville is looking solid thus far this fall even though they are currently dealing with foot injuries to both point guards. Both of those ladies should be ready to go before district play starts. They had a good day at Winchester going 2-1. Wins over Grundy Co, and Oakland. Losing to Chattanooga A&S. Coach played/tested a lot of underclassmen during each game. They had a solid scrimmage win this week against Giles Co HS on Tuesday.

Heard that Huntland lost one of their top scorers to Franklin Co HS. Is that true?? Moore County will be dangerous. My only concern is would be who is going to step forward an be the leader/go to player now that Pincheon is gone. The more they play together, even with eight players, they will get better & better each week. If a leader emerges and the injury bug don't bite, they will be there in February.