South Fulton v. Greenfield at Greenfield

volfan007

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know what schools are looking at Sam right now? He is still a junior and he will get even better next year if he can stay healthy.

Thanks volfan, Whimpy's is awsome. Im sure its prolly packed on friday afternoon b4 a game.

To tell you the truth I haven't heard of anyone recruiting anybody on that team. Believe me between Curtis, Avent, Cherry, and Fowler there is alot of talent on that team. I haven't heard of anyone looking at Curtis though. Sad to because he is a great kid and has alot of potential. It is sad though thinking about all the set backs he has had in his career. He didn't get to play but two games last year due to ANOTHER knee surgery. What is the number up to now 4 or 5?

He has unbelievable blood line. I remember watching his uncle play football at Fulton City. I was in Middle School when his uncle played, and Scott was an athletic phenom. Sam is much larger than Scott being 6'4 325, but from what I've read and seen in person he as a lot of god given talent. He is much lighter on his feet than you would think.

I also believe that Cherry could play at a D3 or maybe even a D2 school. He has tremendous work ethic, and is born leader.

Avent has the most upside out of all of them. The kid is so fast and strong. I just don't know if he can get the grades to make it to college. He has tremendous potential and I think he could play at the D1 level.

I wish we could have seen what coach spivey could have done with this team if he could have had it for 3 yrs now. With the 12 Seniors and the Junior Class I would love to see how good they would be now. Coach Spivey has worked wonders for this team. I just hope he stays for awhile. I would hate to see him leave after a year or two for him to take a bigger job with more money.

Big Game Friday. We will see what this team is really made of.

Goodluck and GO BIG RED!!!!

South Fulton may have a good offense, but they won't score many points against Greenfield. Chase McMullin is a tackling machine, and Chris McMullin is unblockable. The problem is Greenfield can't score too well either. It will be low scoring, that's for sure. I just don't know who scores enough to win. I say Greenfield 21-14.

Well this will be a good game but the way South Fulton has been playing I think they can take Greenfield... Someone earlier said the McMullens will be tough to handle.. Well I dont think so, the fullback hasn't showed anything much this year and when he gets down he drags the team down with him...The lineman showed some talent last year but it looks like he has softened up a lot this year..Last year Daniel Rickets was a key player but from hearing things from kinfolk from Gleason he is more about stats than he is worried about his team so if Greenfield plays with the fighting that they have had in the last few games then should not be any problem for South Fulton..

South Fulton 35

Greenfield 21

South Fulton may have a good offense, but they won't score many points against Greenfield. Chase McMullin is a tackling machine, and Chris McMullin is unblockable. The problem is Greenfield can't score too well either. It will be low scoring, that's for sure. I just don't know who scores enough to win. I say Greenfield 21-14.

I will like to see Chase try and catch Jonathon Avent when he gets on the edge. You also point out that Chris McMullin can't be blocked. We will see what happens when he meets Big Sam tomorrow night.

I agree with Devils117, he hasn't met Big Sam yet. Sam may be the best O tackle in West TN. So far this year no one has even challenged him. He has destroyed everyone he has come against. South Fulton has a great offense. We will score against everyone we play this year.

South Fulton 34

Greenfield 14

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have yall seen the new enrollment figures from the TSSAA? According to them, South Fulton has 460 students, and Greenfield has only 195. South Fulton is more than twice as big as Greenfield.

That can't be accurate. We have the Middle School in the same school as the High School so that's probably where the 460 came from.

And to say that Curtis is the best lineman in West Tn is kind of stretching it. I would agree that he is one of the best Linemen in the Region, but not in West Tn.

I mean, I know South Fulton pretty well...and I would be shocked if they had more students than UC and McKenzie. Those numbers just cant be right, and those kind of numbers could really hurt S. Fulton. I mean, what if they have to play in the 2A playoffs next year in the Z plan??? What if those numbers knock them out of 1A??

Butchie,

I'm not a small school advocate...lol. I'm just trying to help all of these big schools understand that crowing long and loud about beating schools twice as small as they are is ...well, kind of like an overgrown kid in school who has failed a couple of times beating up all the small kids that are the right age for thier grade, and then, that bully crowing about how big and strong and tough he is. It just kind of doesnt sit right for all the rest of us out here. I mean, when McKenzie beat Huntingdon...then crow all you want to....that was a good victory. But, if yall beat Gleason tonite...well, I wouldnt crow too loud. Yall are nearly three times as big as they are with three times as many boys to pick from. Do you understand where I'm coming from?

It's like with the Stewart Co. team and fans. I mean, they beat Gleason and Greenfield, and you'd have thought that they had just won the Super Bowl. Yet, Stewart Co. has 650 students, while Gleason has 167 and Greenfield has 195. I mean, is that something to crow about? Giant Stewart Co. barely beat two, very small single A schools? Yet, crow they did.

Anyway, I hope that Gleason kills Goliath tonite.