Howard @ Polk County

Yeehaw

I was at the game also, and the stereotype of Polk having no speed needs to be put to rest. There were plays where Polk outran Howard and plays where Howard outran Polk. And plays where Polk ran down Howards palyers and Howard ran down Polk's players. It was just a great game. The rest of the region will have their hands full with both the Tigers and the Wildcats.

This was a very well played, disciplined game on both sides.

Just a question, not that it really affected the game, but did Howard get 5 downs when they were deep in their own territory on the South end, it was during the series with the option play that was blown dead for the QB's knee being down? Howard ended up punting, just gave them an extra play to get some breathing room for the punt,,,,if it was 5 downs....Did anybody else think it was 5?

Yeah, I noticed the same thing but I just thought I wasn't paying attention or something /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CONGRATS TO THE HUSTLIN TIGERS! IT WAS ONE MORE GREAT BATTLE BETWEEN TWO VERY TALLENTED TEAMS.

I TALKED TO OUR CHAIN GANG THAT WAS ON HOWARDS SIDELINES AND THEY COMPLIMENTED YOUR PLAYERS ON THEIR MANNERS AND DISCLIPLINE. NO BAD LANGUAGE OR SMACK TALKING OR ANY THING. COACH TARVER AND HIS ASSISTANTS ARE DOING AN OUTSTANDING JOB AT HOWARD AND THEY ARE AN ASSET TO THEIR COMMUNITY. I APPLAUD THEM!

THE GAME WAS A HARD NOSED BATTLE AND COULD HAVE GONE EITHER WAY WITH A COUPLE OF KEY PLAYS. THE ONLY THING I HAVE TO SAY IS THAT A LOT OF OUR (POLK) KEY PLAYERS ARE SOPHOMORES. THAT SHOULD GIVE A HINT AS TO THE NEXT TWO YEARS. COACH DAVIS IS DOING A TREMENDOUS JOB AT POLK AND THE YOUTH LEAGUE COACHES ARE DOING A FANTASTIC JOB AS WELL. THE ARE SENDING UP SOME FINE YOUNG BALL PLAYERS

TO THE NEXT LEVEL AND COACH DAVIS AND HIS ASSISTANTS ARE DOING A BANG UP JOB AS WELL. CONGRATS ALL THE WAY AROUND AND THANKS TO BOTH TEAMS FOR A GREAT NIGHT OF FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

First off let me start by saying that you have a great atmosphere at polk. Howard has a lot of sophmores as well and alot of juniors that will be back next year. another thing, dont get on here trying to take any glory out of a win saying howard got 5 downs. That play was blown dead and the players continued to play because both are tough teams that hit eachother hard all night. If you wanna talk about anything talk about how when the score was 14-0 and it was 4th down and how they GAVE polk a 1st because he sure didnt earn it. Ask the polk guy with the orange shirt he just looked at me and laughed. and the score was 20-7 at the half and Howard came out conservative. You guys have a tough team and i can by no way trash talk because your coach has to be the best ive seen. but dont take away from this game, it was classic polk v Howard. by the way howard was faster and it showed in the passing game. speed means nothing in the backfield when you are dodging tacklers. #22 FROM polk is one of the fastest players ive seen.. I bet by the time McMinn plays polk or Howard they let jackson and simpson back on the team. MY PREDICTION

T-Mac if you are referring to me about the 5 downs, please go back and read my post, I stated that it had no affect on the outcome of the game. BUt if you want to talk about it, why don't you give us your opinion of the "injury" stoppage of the clock with 10 seconds to go in the half, not that it was a bad call, or a referees mistake. Just very convenient.

Let me state again, I wasn't taking anything away from Howard with my original post, just curious. I think this game could have gone either way with a different bounce here or there. Howard and Polk should be 1 and 2 in 3-3A.

T-Mac if you are referring to me about the 5 downs, please go back and read my post, I stated that it had no affect on the outcome of the game. BUt if you want to talk about it, why don't you give us your opinion of the "injury" stoppage of the clock with 10 seconds to go in the half, not that it was a bad call, or a referees mistake. Just very convenient.

Let me state again, I wasn't taking anything away from Howard with my original post, just curious. I think this game could have gone either way with a different bounce here or there. Howard and Polk should be 1 and 2 in 3-3A.

I had a buddy that was working as one of the officials in that game. If it was the wide receiver on the Howard sideline that was "injured" the official told me the receiver had no idea where he was when he stood up. The question regarding the 5 downs was due to an inadvertent whistle. The team with the ball has the option of either replaying the down from the previous spot or taking the ball for their next play at the spot of the ball when the whistle blew. Since there were 5 downs, it seems to me that Howard elected to replay the down from the previous spot.

For what it's worth, the crew for that game had only compliments on the behavior and sportsmanship of both players and coaches. With coaches like both teams have that should have been expected. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />