Region 6-5a

cougar31

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was indeed referring to the rest of the season.

Another big story from CHS this year: What a year Chaz Scales is having. Coming into this year, alot of people questioned whether he could be effective enough at QB to take the Cougars to the next level. So far this year, Chaz has 17 TD's (9 passing, 7 rushing, and one INT return) and had gone nearly 5 weeks without an interception. When you watch him, you definitely see a more confident and more mature QB then we saw the past couple of years. Not only that, but he has played great defensive ball all season long. He always seems to be glued to his man and I've seen him make countless pass breakups. All the hard work that he has put into this program over his 4 years, as well as Coach Mat's confidence in him have payed off in a big way this season. If the Cougars continue to play well, Chaz deserves some big consideration for Region MVP this year.

Come back on here bragging when your team beats a program that is playoff bound. With the exception of a win over an okay Seigal team you don't really have that much to brag to about. No one is really very impressed outside of Centennial that is. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Come back on here bragging when your team beats a program that is playoff bound. With the exception of a win over an okay Seigal team you don't really have that much to brag to about. No one is really very impressed outside of Centennial that is. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

How many TD's does your QB have?

How many TD's does your QB have?

The point is you cant be bragging when you play against a bad defense. Listen nobody is impressed how many points you put up against a team like Dickson county. Our team was playing our JV by the middle of the third against them. Its just way too early to be bragging when you beat a team with a winning record come back and see us.

Good thing no one is trying to impress you, then.

The point is you cant be bragging when you play against a bad defense. Listen nobody is impressed how many points you put up against a team like Dickson county. Our team was playing our JV by the middle of the third against them. Its just way too early to be bragging when you beat a team with a winning record come back and see us.

Who cares who its against. And who cares what your team did for that matter. It's not often you hear about a player at this level getting 17 touchdowns in a season, much less after only 7 games. The point is Chaz has been the central figure of the Cougar's turnaround this season, and if the Cougars can finish out this season strong, Chaz deserves the MVP award.

Who cares who its against. And who cares what your team did for that matter. It's not often you hear about a player at this level getting 17 touchdowns in a season, much less after only 7 games. The point is Chaz has been the central figure of the Cougar's turnaround this season, and if the Cougars can finish out this season strong, Chaz deserves the MVP award.

Are you serious? you don't think it matters who its against. You know I guess I cant fault you fans for being over zealous lets face it its been a LONG time since youve had ANYTHING to be excited about so you know what have at it. Just be very greatful Dickson co. is so bad this year.

I guess we all just don't share your admiration for a team on the brink of a third or fouth place finish. Wooo hoooo!!

no way scales - he is considered MVP but until he can prove he can win a big game he is not near the top - look at CHS wins you really beat no one except maybe Siegal and IHS ( and IHS defense has many many holes in it ) when and if he can beat FHS RHS then i will cast my vote

I thought this was a thread about who has a chance at state...why are we talking about Centennial?

CHS2007 - Let me start by saying that I really do respect you on this board. I am certain that Chaz should be Centennial's MVP. However, region-wide I think there are other great players who bring a lot to their team AND get the job done on Fridays against all caliber of teams. I don't want to take anything away from Centennial's recent successes, but a true MVP gets the W for his team every (or almost every) time.

Go Bruins!!!

"Most Valuable Player (MVP) award is an honor typically bestowed upon the best performing player or players on a specific team, in an entire league, or for a particular contest or series of contests"

Look, I know besides Siegel and Independence, Centennial really hasn't beaten any top-tier teams (and Indy's kinda iffy on that). But this is the most valuable PLAYER award. Not most valuable team. But find one other player in the region that has put up a performance like the one Chaz has this year. I know there are better teams in the region, and there are some great players on those teams. But please, single out one player from those teams that have made an bigger impact on this season than Chaz has. As long as he keeps playing at this level, then he should be the MVP; regardless of the record, regardless of the schedule; he has had the best season performance of any player in the region.

And those who think I'm "over zealous" of my team's performance, let me make one thing clear. It's been a great year for the Cougars, but they've still yet to accomplish anything. 3 games left, they still haven't clinched a playoff birth, and as we've seen in the past, anything can happen. The Cougars need to stay humble, take care of business, and worry about the postseason if and when it gets here. 1 out of 3 may be good enough to get us a playoff spot, and it may not. We can't lose focus, we can't take anything for granted, and we need to give everything we have in these last 3 games. In my eyes, the season has only just begun.

For right now, all I'm concerend about is Ravenwood. I'm not going to do all these "what-if" scenarios and compile an entire monthly planner of predictions and possible playoff matchups (no offense zoosee). Its one game at a time, and this week, the only thing the Cougars need to care about is the team over on Wilson Pike.

For right now, all I'm concerend about is Ravenwood. I'm not going to do all these "what-if" scenarios and compile an entire monthly planner of predictions and possible playoff matchups (no offense zoosee). Its one game at a time, and this week, the only thing the Cougars need to care about is the team over on Wilson Pike.

QFT. This is the only game that matters, and that's all the CHS fan base is worried about.

As far a Chaz, he's been an excellent performer so far. His games against Ravenwood and Franklin will determine any type of MVP award. For now, I think I speak for all Cougar fans when I say that a playoff birth would be much sweeter than any individual award, especially if we could sneak into that second spot.

to CHS 2007 and zoozie: Will you guys be at the game?