Region 6-5a

cougar31

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets not get too cocky

thing you have to remember about Centennial is that mindset wise this is an entirely different team than the one that played Brentwood. I guess the page game lit a fire under their butts and day and night they are an entirely different team. Chaz is confident. Tony and Raymond are virtually untouchable. The defense is entirely rejuvenated thanks in big part from Taylor Grills who i've been told has taken control of the defense from his linebacker and has them playing with a new intensity. I agree with CHS07 that Centennial should have their first real test but lets look at the rest of the schedule for 6-5a contenders (Franklin, Centennial, Brentwood, Ravenwood, and Indy) (also note when i say guaranteed i mean barring a miracle upset, i'm more looking at on paper/talent/games already played)

Franklin(5-0): Brenwood, Clarksville NE, Columbia, Dickson Co, Centennial- Three wins guaranteed, and edge against both Centennial and Brentwood I think; probably 10-0, maybe 9-1, guaranteed 8-2

Brentwood(5-1): Franklin, Columbia, Indy, Clarksville NE- Two for sure guaranteed, 85% sure they can beat Indy, Franklin hasn't struggled really at all this year except against McCallie so i give edge to Franklin in that one; probably 8-2, maybe 9-1, guaranteed 7-3

Ravenwood(2-3): Columbia, Centennial, Independence, Clarksville NE, Dickson Co- Three guaranteed, i'll go 75% they can beat Indy, Centennial will be their toughest competition and that one is a toss up but i'll give CHS the edge since they should have a 5 game win streak going into it; probably 6-4, maybe 7-3, guaranteed 5-5

Indy(2-3): Clarksville NE, Dickson Co, Ravenwood, Brentwood, Columbia- I'll go two guaranteed believing that they'll win Dickson Co and Clarksville NE, they should win Columbia though they can be tricky, just ask previously undefeated Giles Co, Ravenwood i'll give them 25% on the off hand chance that Ravenwood just has a down night, and no chance versus Brentwood; probably 5-5, MAYBE(but very unlikely) 6-4, guaranteed 4-6

Centennial(4-2): Dickson Co, Ravenwood, Columbia, Franklin- This is the interesting one here, guaranteed two, i'll give them the edge going up against Ravenwood because of the 5 game win streak, best start in school history, and playing at home, i just like their chances in that one more than i like Ravenwood playing as the away team, leaving @Franklin for Halloween night, Franklin will be heavily favored probably but that will more than likely be the game to watch out of all the games that week; probably 7-3, MAYBE 8-2(hey it's halloween, weirder things have happened, and every USC has their Stanford and Oregon St, every Wisconsin has their Michigan, every Florida has their Mississippi St, every New England Patriots has their New York Giants and their Miami Dolphins[you know forget saying the Dolphins as a team, every New England Patriots has their Ronnie Brown] guaranteed 6-4

While Columbia is 3-2 they will, in my opinion, drop everyone of their coming games(Ravenwood, Brentwood, Franklin, Centennial, Independence) unless Indy just flops at the end which i highly doubt, still 4-6 won't get you into the playoffs and 3-7 certainly won't

Same goes for 3-2 Clarksville NE (Indy, Franklin, Dickson CO, Ravenwood, Brentwood) might win Dickson Co but 4-6 doesn't cut it.

So all of this in retrospect here are the different playoff scenarios(first two are very exchangeable at the 3 and 4 spot)(again barring major upsets that only God Himself can know):

*Most-Likely*

1. Franklin 10-0 barring a hiccup to Brentwood and/or a meltdown to Centennial

2. Brentwood 9-1 unless pulling off a big victory @ Franklin

3. Centennial 7-3 unless a fairly evenly matched loss to Ravenwood or a miracle against Franklin

4. Ravenwood 6-4 unless getting a big win @ Centennial or a meltdown to Indy

5. Indy 5-5 unless shockers against the woods of Raven and Brent or a major meltdown to Columbia

*Almost-just-as-likely*

1. Franklin 10-0

2. Brentwood 9-1

3. Ravenwood 7-3

4. Centennial 6-4

5. Indy 5-5

*A-little-less-likely-but-not-unheard-of*

1. Brentwood 9-1 (holding tiebreaker over Franklin)

2. Franklin 9-1

3. Centennial 7-3/6-4 (or Ravenwood)

4. Ravewood 6-4/7-3 (or Centennial)

5.Indy 5-5

*Pretty-unlikely-but-let's-just-venture-into-the-world-of-the-hypothetical-here*

1. Brentwood 9-1

2. Centennial 8-2 (holding tiebreaker over Franklin)

3. Franklin 8-2

4. Ravenwood 6-4

5. Indy 5-5

*The-only-hope-for-Independence-unless-Jesus-takes-the-form-of-Heckman-and-plays-for-them*

1. Franklin 10-0

2. Brentwood 9-1

3. Centennial 7-3

4. Indy 6-4 (holding tiebreaker over Ravenwood)

5. Ravenwood 5-5

***(Centennial would have to win against Ravenwood, Indy would have to beat Ravenwood and win all other games except for Brentwood cause that more than likely will not happen unless Brentwood plays like the NFL and rests their starters after clinching a playoff birth but coming off a bye week that would be ludicrous; Ravenwood beating Centennial and Indy winning all except for Brentwood would do nothing for Indy since Centennial holds the tiebreaker over Indy thanks to the 28-37 loss to Centennial earlier in the year)

All in all you are looking at your playoff teams as followed:

1. Franklin/Brentwood

2. Brentwood/Franklin/Centennial(miracle)

3. Centennial/Ravenwood/Franklin(biggest meltdown since the end of the first ice age)

4. Ravenwood/Centennial/Independence (second coming of Christ-no not really but necessary miracle needed)

-outside looking in-

5. Indy/ Ravenwood (loss to Centennial and Indy aka meltdown)

again this is all barring that the five above teams beat the teams they should ie Clarksville, Dickson Co, Columbia, and in Brentwood's case, Indy

so sit back, relax, and in the words of T.O. "Get your popcorn ready /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> ," cause this should make for some exciting high school football in 6-5a in the Williamson/Murray Co region!

ha now you know what would be a really funny scenario:

Brentwood beats Franklin then by the biggest meltdown of all time drops columbia, indy, and clarksville finishing at 7-3

Indy wins out ending at 7-3

Ravenwood wins Columbia then drops their next two at Indy and Centennial and wins Clarksville and Dickson Co finishing at 5-5

Franklin after losing at Brentwood, takes their next games as wins from clarksville, columbia, and dickson co standing at 8-1 after week 9

Centennial wins Dickson Co, Ravenwood, and Columbia standing at 7-2 after week 9

AND WHAT IF???

Centennial goes into Franklin on Halloween night and pulls off the biggest win in school history and beats arch nemesis Franklin

ha that would put the standings as this:

1. Centennial 8-2 (tiebreaker over Franklin and 6-1 in the region)

2. Franklin 8-2 (5-2 in the region)

3. Indy 7-3 (5-2 in the region, tiebreaker over Brentwood)

4. Brentwood 7-3 (5-2 in the region)

5. Ravenwood 5-5 (4-3 in the region)

and immediately after that would happen the Apocalypse would begin

hey

a man can dream right? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

WOW that made for some very good reading and very insightful - for us older guys on the board I will call you jimmy the greek.......

The way Franklin is playing right now I see them taking the region with Brentwood runnerup and its too close to call for BHS RHS CENT and IHS although as much as it pains me to say looks like IHS may be left out in the cold but you really never know in this region or can we say the SEC of high school ball. . . I tell you one team that I am sure no one would want in a playoff game is Ravenwood...

stepson plays out here in Hendersonville so I am getting close look at this region and none of these teams will be able to compete with a Fraklin BHS at all

i expect to see my cougars at about 2nd in the region after halloween!!

there is nobody that can hang with the cougars right now, just stacked with talent!!!!

Bold statement.........."Nobody can hang with the Cougars???????"

Based on all your posts......your post dont hold ANY water.....maybe CHS 2007 will take you under his wing.

its not who has a shot its

who has a shot at getting beat by

Franklin at State and has a shot at 2ND BEST

so says the guy who has 9 posts

how are you feeling about that statement after brentwood beat ya?

magic number for a playoff team in 6-5a should be sitting with 6 wins

brentwood basically has a playoff spot locked up, franklin and centennial should just need one more win to lock theirs up and ravenwood/indy need to win 3 of their last 4 to get the spot and indy needs some help from centennial by having them beat ravenwood and indy beating ravenwood

centennial/ravenwood is definitely the matchup this weekend

both teams have been on and then the following week barely had enough to pull out the W

ravenwood loses by 4 to a very good MBA team and this weekend beats columbia by 5

Centennial blows out NE 41-0 then beats DC by 3

should be interesting to see which teams decide to show up, the ones who blow out the easy ones and keep the tough ones real close or the ones who can just edge out their opponents

Centennial has two quality wins in Indy and Siegel. But CHS won't get a real region test until Ravenwood. Ravenwood has played inconsistently this season, but they have had two great wins in Brentwood Academy and Brentwood, and was one bad break away from beating the nation's 20th ranked team last night. They are not a team to be taken lightly.

What about the region test you failed in the Brentwood game?? /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I was indeed referring to the rest of the season.

Another big story from CHS this year: What a year Chaz Scales is having. Coming into this year, alot of people questioned whether he could be effective enough at QB to take the Cougars to the next level. So far this year, Chaz has 17 TD's (9 passing, 7 rushing, and one INT return) and had gone nearly 5 weeks without an interception. When you watch him, you definitely see a more confident and more mature QB then we saw the past couple of years. Not only that, but he has played great defensive ball all season long. He always seems to be glued to his man and I've seen him make countless pass breakups. All the hard work that he has put into this program over his 4 years, as well as Coach Mat's confidence in him have payed off in a big way this season. If the Cougars continue to play well, Chaz deserves some big consideration for Region MVP this year.

I was indeed referring to the rest of the season.

Another big story from CHS this year: What a year Chaz Scales is having. Coming into this year, alot of people questioned whether he could be effective enough at QB to take the Cougars to the next level. So far this year, Chaz has 17 TD's (9 passing, 7 rushing, and one INT return) and had gone nearly 5 weeks without an interception. When you watch him, you definitely see a more confident and more mature QB then we saw the past couple of years. Not only that, but he has played great defensive ball all season long. He always seems to be glued to his man and I've seen him make countless pass breakups. All the hard work that he has put into this program over his 4 years, as well as Coach Mat's confidence in him have payed off in a big way this season. If the Cougars continue to play well, Chaz deserves some big consideration for Region MVP this year.

In my opinion he is the region MVP hands down.