Region 6-5a

cougar31

lets not get too cocky

thing you have to remember about Centennial is that mindset wise this is an entirely different team than the one that played Brentwood. I guess the page game lit a fire under their butts and day and night they are an entirely different team. Chaz is confident. Tony and Raymond are virtually untouchable. The defense is entirely rejuvenated thanks in big part from Taylor Grills who i've been told has taken control of the defense from his linebacker and has them playing with a new intensity. I agree with CHS07 that Centennial should have their first real test but lets look at the rest of the schedule for 6-5a contenders (Franklin, Centennial, Brentwood, Ravenwood, and Indy) (also note when i say guaranteed i mean barring a miracle upset, i'm more looking at on paper/talent/games already played)

Franklin(5-0): Brenwood, Clarksville NE, Columbia, Dickson Co, Centennial- Three wins guaranteed, and edge against both Centennial and Brentwood I think; probably 10-0, maybe 9-1, guaranteed 8-2

Brentwood(5-1): Franklin, Columbia, Indy, Clarksville NE- Two for sure guaranteed, 85% sure they can beat Indy, Franklin hasn't struggled really at all this year except against McCallie so i give edge to Franklin in that one; probably 8-2, maybe 9-1, guaranteed 7-3

Ravenwood(2-3): Columbia, Centennial, Independence, Clarksville NE, Dickson Co- Three guaranteed, i'll go 75% they can beat Indy, Centennial will be their toughest competition and that one is a toss up but i'll give CHS the edge since they should have a 5 game win streak going into it; probably 6-4, maybe 7-3, guaranteed 5-5

Indy(2-3): Clarksville NE, Dickson Co, Ravenwood, Brentwood, Columbia- I'll go two guaranteed believing that they'll win Dickson Co and Clarksville NE, they should win Columbia though they can be tricky, just ask previously undefeated Giles Co, Ravenwood i'll give them 25% on the off hand chance that Ravenwood just has a down night, and no chance versus Brentwood; probably 5-5, MAYBE(but very unlikely) 6-4, guaranteed 4-6

Centennial(4-2): Dickson Co, Ravenwood, Columbia, Franklin- This is the interesting one here, guaranteed two, i'll give them the edge going up against Ravenwood because of the 5 game win streak, best start in school history, and playing at home, i just like their chances in that one more than i like Ravenwood playing as the away team, leaving @Franklin for Halloween night, Franklin will be heavily favored probably but that will more than likely be the game to watch out of all the games that week; probably 7-3, MAYBE 8-2(hey it's halloween, weirder things have happened, and every USC has their Stanford and Oregon St, every Wisconsin has their Michigan, every Florida has their Mississippi St, every New England Patriots has their New York Giants and their Miami Dolphins[you know forget saying the Dolphins as a team, every New England Patriots has their Ronnie Brown] guaranteed 6-4

While Columbia is 3-2 they will, in my opinion, drop everyone of their coming games(Ravenwood, Brentwood, Franklin, Centennial, Independence) unless Indy just flops at the end which i highly doubt, still 4-6 won't get you into the playoffs and 3-7 certainly won't

Same goes for 3-2 Clarksville NE (Indy, Franklin, Dickson CO, Ravenwood, Brentwood) might win Dickson Co but 4-6 doesn't cut it.

So all of this in retrospect here are the different playoff scenarios(first two are very exchangeable at the 3 and 4 spot)(again barring major upsets that only God Himself can know):

*Most-Likely*

1. Franklin 10-0 barring a hiccup to Brentwood and/or a meltdown to Centennial

2. Brentwood 9-1 unless pulling off a big victory @ Franklin

3. Centennial 7-3 unless a fairly evenly matched loss to Ravenwood or a miracle against Franklin

4. Ravenwood 6-4 unless getting a big win @ Centennial or a meltdown to Indy

5. Indy 5-5 unless shockers against the woods of Raven and Brent or a major meltdown to Columbia

*Almost-just-as-likely*

1. Franklin 10-0

2. Brentwood 9-1

3. Ravenwood 7-3

4. Centennial 6-4

5. Indy 5-5

*A-little-less-likely-but-not-unheard-of*

1. Brentwood 9-1 (holding tiebreaker over Franklin)

2. Franklin 9-1

3. Centennial 7-3/6-4 (or Ravenwood)

4. Ravewood 6-4/7-3 (or Centennial)

5.Indy 5-5

*Pretty-unlikely-but-let's-just-venture-into-the-world-of-the-hypothetical-here*

1. Brentwood 9-1

2. Centennial 8-2 (holding tiebreaker over Franklin)

3. Franklin 8-2

4. Ravenwood 6-4

5. Indy 5-5

*The-only-hope-for-Independence-unless-Jesus-takes-the-form-of-Heckman-and-plays-for-them*

1. Franklin 10-0

2. Brentwood 9-1

3. Centennial 7-3

4. Indy 6-4 (holding tiebreaker over Ravenwood)

5. Ravenwood 5-5

***(Centennial would have to win against Ravenwood, Indy would have to beat Ravenwood and win all other games except for Brentwood cause that more than likely will not happen unless Brentwood plays like the NFL and rests their starters after clinching a playoff birth but coming off a bye week that would be ludicrous; Ravenwood beating Centennial and Indy winning all except for Brentwood would do nothing for Indy since Centennial holds the tiebreaker over Indy thanks to the 28-37 loss to Centennial earlier in the year)

All in all you are looking at your playoff teams as followed:

1. Franklin/Brentwood

2. Brentwood/Franklin/Centennial(miracle)

3. Centennial/Ravenwood/Franklin(biggest meltdown since the end of the first ice age)

4. Ravenwood/Centennial/Independence (second coming of Christ-no not really but necessary miracle needed)

-outside looking in-

5. Indy/ Ravenwood (loss to Centennial and Indy aka meltdown)

again this is all barring that the five above teams beat the teams they should ie Clarksville, Dickson Co, Columbia, and in Brentwood's case, Indy

so sit back, relax, and in the words of T.O. "Get your popcorn ready /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> ," cause this should make for some exciting high school football in 6-5a in the Williamson/Murray Co region!

ha now you know what would be a really funny scenario:

Brentwood beats Franklin then by the biggest meltdown of all time drops columbia, indy, and clarksville finishing at 7-3

Indy wins out ending at 7-3

Ravenwood wins Columbia then drops their next two at Indy and Centennial and wins Clarksville and Dickson Co finishing at 5-5

Franklin after losing at Brentwood, takes their next games as wins from clarksville, columbia, and dickson co standing at 8-1 after week 9

Centennial wins Dickson Co, Ravenwood, and Columbia standing at 7-2 after week 9

AND WHAT IF???

Centennial goes into Franklin on Halloween night and pulls off the biggest win in school history and beats arch nemesis Franklin

ha that would put the standings as this:

1. Centennial 8-2 (tiebreaker over Franklin and 6-1 in the region)

2. Franklin 8-2 (5-2 in the region)

3. Indy 7-3 (5-2 in the region, tiebreaker over Brentwood)

4. Brentwood 7-3 (5-2 in the region)

5. Ravenwood 5-5 (4-3 in the region)

and immediately after that would happen the Apocalypse would begin

hey

a man can dream right? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Centennial is playing great football. And chaz scales has a lot do with their success. However they will be tested against Ravenwood. I give the edge to Ravenwood in that game. Centennial is still not to the level of a Franklin caliber team. So I see them finishing the season at 6-4, assuming they take care of business against Dickson and Columbia.

Indy will beat Dickson, NE, and Columbia (whom they have never lost to in school history). However I do not see them beating Brentwood. The Ravenwood game will come down to the wire. Too early to make a prediction on that one. Let's say they beat Ravenwood they would finish the season 6-4

Ravenwood could also easily end up 6-4. With wins against Columbia, Centennial, NE, and Dickson. And their loss being Indy in a nail biter.

Franklin will more than likely go undefeated this season with a W over Brentwood.

Brentwood would finish up 8-2 with the loss to Franklin.

lets not get too cocky

thing you have to remember about Centennial is that mindset wise this is an entirely different team than the one that played Brentwood. I guess the page game lit a fire under their butts and day and night they are an entirely different team. Chaz is confident. Tony and Raymond are virtually untouchable. The defense is entirely rejuvenated thanks in big part from Taylor Grills who i've been told has taken control of the defense from his linebacker and has them playing with a new intensity. I agree with CHS07 that Centennial should have their first real test but lets look at the rest of the schedule for 6-5a contenders (Franklin, Centennial, Brentwood, Ravenwood, and Indy) (also note when i say guaranteed i mean barring a miracle upset, i'm more looking at on paper/talent/games already played)

Franklin(5-0): Brenwood, Clarksville NE, Columbia, Dickson Co, Centennial- Three wins guaranteed, and edge against both Centennial and Brentwood I think; probably 10-0, maybe 9-1, guaranteed 8-2

Brentwood(5-1): Franklin, Columbia, Indy, Clarksville NE- Two for sure guaranteed, 85% sure they can beat Indy, Franklin hasn't struggled really at all this year except against McCallie so i give edge to Franklin in that one; probably 8-2, maybe 9-1, guaranteed 7-3

Ravenwood(2-3): Columbia, Centennial, Independence, Clarksville NE, Dickson Co- Three guaranteed, i'll go 75% they can beat Indy, Centennial will be their toughest competition and that one is a toss up but i'll give CHS the edge since they should have a 5 game win streak going into it; probably 6-4, maybe 7-3, guaranteed 5-5

Indy(2-3): Clarksville NE, Dickson Co, Ravenwood, Brentwood, Columbia- I'll go two guaranteed believing that they'll win Dickson Co and Clarksville NE, they should win Columbia though they can be tricky, just ask previously undefeated Giles Co, Ravenwood i'll give them 25% on the off hand chance that Ravenwood just has a down night, and no chance versus Brentwood; probably 5-5, MAYBE(but very unlikely) 6-4, guaranteed 4-6

Centennial(4-2): Dickson Co, Ravenwood, Columbia, Franklin- This is the interesting one here, guaranteed two, i'll give them the edge going up against Ravenwood because of the 5 game win streak, best start in school history, and playing at home, i just like their chances in that one more than i like Ravenwood playing as the away team, leaving @Franklin for Halloween night, Franklin will be heavily favored probably but that will more than likely be the game to watch out of all the games that week; probably 7-3, MAYBE 8-2(hey it's halloween, weirder things have happened, and every USC has their Stanford and Oregon St, every Wisconsin has their Michigan, every Florida has their Mississippi St, every New England Patriots has their New York Giants and their Miami Dolphins[you know forget saying the Dolphins as a team, every New England Patriots has their Ronnie Brown] guaranteed 6-4

While Columbia is 3-2 they will, in my opinion, drop everyone of their coming games(Ravenwood, Brentwood, Franklin, Centennial, Independence) unless Indy just flops at the end which i highly doubt, still 4-6 won't get you into the playoffs and 3-7 certainly won't

Same goes for 3-2 Clarksville NE (Indy, Franklin, Dickson CO, Ravenwood, Brentwood) might win Dickson Co but 4-6 doesn't cut it.

So all of this in retrospect here are the different playoff scenarios(first two are very exchangeable at the 3 and 4 spot)(again barring major upsets that only God Himself can know):

*Most-Likely*

3. Centennial 7-3 unless a fairly evenly matched loss to Ravenwood or a miracle against Franklin

5. Indy 5-5 unless shockers against the woods of Raven and Brent or a major meltdown to Columbia

*Almost-just-as-likely*

1. Franklin 10-0

2. Brentwood 9-1

3. Ravenwood 7-3

4. Centennial 6-4

5. Indy 5-5

2. Franklin 9-1

5.Indy 5-5

*Pretty-unlikely-but-let's-just-venture-into-the-world-of-the-hypothetical-here*

1. Brentwood 9-1

3. Franklin 8-2

4. Ravenwood 6-4

5. Indy 5-5

*The-only-hope-for-Independence-unless-Jesus-takes-the-form-of-Heckman-and-plays-for-them*

1. Franklin 10-0

2. Brentwood 9-1

3. Centennial 7-3

5. Ravenwood 5-5

***(Centennial would have to win against Ravenwood, Indy would have to beat Ravenwood and win all other games except for Brentwood cause that more than likely will not happen unless Brentwood plays like the NFL and rests their starters after clinching a playoff birth but coming off a bye week that would be ludicrous; Ravenwood beating Centennial and Indy winning all except for Brentwood would do nothing for Indy since Centennial holds the tiebreaker over Indy thanks to the 28-37 loss to Centennial earlier in the year)

1. Franklin/Brentwood

3. Centennial/Ravenwood/Franklin(biggest meltdown since the end of the first ice age)

4. Ravenwood/Centennial/Independence (second coming of Christ-no not really but necessary miracle needed)

-outside looking in-

again this is all barring that the five above teams beat the teams they should ie Clarksville, Dickson Co, Columbia, and in Brentwood's case, Indy

so sit back, relax, and in the words of T.O. "Get your popcorn ready /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> ," cause this should make for some exciting high school football in 6-5a in the Williamson/Murray Co region!

Brentwood beats Franklin then by the biggest meltdown of all time drops columbia, indy, and clarksville finishing at 7-3

Ravenwood wins Columbia then drops their next two at Indy and Centennial and wins Clarksville and Dickson Co finishing at 5-5

Franklin after losing at Brentwood, takes their next games as wins from clarksville, columbia, and dickson co standing at 8-1 after week 9

Centennial wins Dickson Co, Ravenwood, and Columbia standing at 7-2 after week 9

AND WHAT IF???

Centennial goes into Franklin on Halloween night and pulls off the biggest win in school history and beats arch nemesis Franklin

hey

a man can dream right? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

in each case you have Franklin going 10-0 you would have to put Brentwood at 8-2 because of Franklin beating them .

lets not get too cocky

*Most-Likely*

*Almost-just-as-likely*

1. Franklin 10-0

2. Brentwood 9-1

3. Ravenwood 7-3

4. Centennial 6-4

5. Indy 5-5

2. Franklin 9-1

5.Indy 5-5

1. Brentwood 9-1

3. Franklin 8-2

4. Ravenwood 6-4

5. Indy 5-5

1. Franklin 10-0

2. Brentwood 9-1

3. Centennial 7-3

5. Ravenwood 5-5

1. Franklin/Brentwood

-outside looking in-

AND WHAT IF???

hey

in your most likely scenario brentwood would be 8-2 not 9-1 they already lost once so if they lose to franklin it would be 8-2....wow you must not have done anything all weekend

yeah i realized that this morning about my 8-2 mistake for brentwood

and it only took me about an hour

around 11-12 give or take

and i don't know

the way centennial has been playing ravenwood will have to be on their a game to keep up

chaz hasn't thrown a pick since the page game and has been ridiculous since the 4th quarter of that game with 12 total touchdowns (8 pass, 4 rush) and raymond and tony are just really really good right now

it will come down to defense on centennial's side

so we'll see

again thats why i said both scenarios are just as likely

I don't see how so many people are giving Franklin the win vs. Brentwood. A rivalry game where anything can happen, and yet I've seen Franklin get the edge by 2 or 3 touchdowns. The one thing I've learned watching these two over the years: whatever momentum is carried into the game, whatever the season records are, whoever has the hotter team; all of that is left at the door. When these two square off, its a brand new game. I don't think either team has an obvious edge, and neither should be favored by more than 4 points.

Getting into the playoffs is one thing; who you match up against in Region 5 is another. While Region 6 used to own the other region for a number of years, the last two years haven't been as kind (particularly 2005).

Then, if you matchup well against Region 5, then you come back around and play Region 6 again.

That would be your toughest game until the semis.

Getting into the playoffs is one thing; who you match up against in Region 5 is another. While Region 6 used to own the other region for a number of years, the last two years haven't been as kind (particularly 2005).

Then, if you matchup well against Region 5, then you come back around and play Region 6 again.

That would be your toughest game until the semis.

I think you meant 2006. Because 2005 was when Ravenwood won the state championship. They beat both Franklin and

Brentwood to get there, which means those teams beat their respective opponent from region 5(it may have actually been a clean sweep by region 6 over 5). 2006 saw all of Region 6 loose in the first round with the exception of Ravenwood who made it to the state championship game.

And I would actually argue that more times than not the quarter final game when 2 region 6 teams meet, is actually tougher than the semi-final game against an over-rated Memphis area team.

Why in that order Centennial is doing much better than Ravenwood this year. I think it should be Franklin, Centennial, Brentwood, Ravenwood, but it will depend on who wqins the Franklin vs. Centennial game.

Ravenwood schedule strengh is much higher than Centennial. Wins over Brentwood and Brentwood Academy and a 3 point loss to MBA should make you feel a little better. Centennial has one signature win vs Indy (who are only 1 point away from a 1-4 start this year).