Region 6-5a

cougar31

Wait, I recall hearing talk about how Ravenwood was still too powerful and would humble the Cougars. And now that we beat them it wasn't a quality win?

Quite frankly, I don't care what people think about CHS this year. The only thing I see when I look at this team is that 6-2, 4-1 record. Again, this season has been about proving people wrong, and thus far, they've been doing just that.

Right now, all Im concerned about is Columbia. They're a tough team who've we've played very close in the past few years. When that game's over, then I'll start thinking about the game after that.

And cougar31, Im glad you guys have some confidence, but I know Coach Mat would not want you guys coming on here and making posts like that. You worry about the business on the field, we'll handle the trash talk.

i dont recall many saying that except a few RHS AND FHS fans- i do like your approach one game at a time- all i was stating is that yeas you are taking care of business and winning games you should, but I am still not sold on CHS making a dent come playoff time until they prove something to me. Dont get me wrong, i am on your bandwagon and if asked I will tell you i hope you do make the trip down 840 to 24 = Boro. however, teams in our region are down, your non conf win was versus Siegal and a 3 point game where as BHS dismantled them 31-17.

For me and others may argue last year, i thought the game that INDY needed to win and show me they were a team to make a run deep in the playoff was the Brentwood game-----

regardless enjoy the team and the spirit it has infused at your school

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

however, teams in our region are down, your non conf win was versus Siegal and a 3 point game where as BHS dismantled them 31-17.

...and Ravenwood beat Brentwood by 3 points and Centennial dismantled Ravenwood 44-28

its a never ending cycle that just goes to prove that on any given night any team can win

i dont recall many saying that except a few RHS AND FHS fans- i do like your approach one game at a time- all i was stating is that yeas you are taking care of business and winning games you should, but I am still not sold on CHS making a dent come playoff time until they prove something to me. Dont get me wrong, i am on your bandwagon and if asked I will tell you i hope you do make the trip down 840 to 24 = Boro. however, teams in our region are down, your non conf win was versus Siegal and a 3 point game where as BHS dismantled them 31-17.

For me and others may argue last year, i thought the game that INDY needed to win and show me they were a team to make a run deep in the playoff was the Brentwood game-----

You obviously missed the Jeff Lockridge prediction in The Tennessean prior to the Ravenwood game. He gave kudos to CHS for a nice run but stated none of the wins were against BHS, RHS or FHS. As for Siegal, CHS was missing three injured starters (a linebacker, an OT who plays some DT and Drew Kelly coming off a 3 TD game at Indy) and still came away with a road win.

Teams in the region are down?

You're insane.

Top to bottom, this is the best that region has been since 2006...possibly 2005.

Franklin and Brentwood are two teams with state championship potential. Centennial has the athletes and the speed to make a deep postseason run. Ravenwood has the best coach in the entire midstate.

Indy isn't great but they have one of the four best players in the region on their team and if the offense gets going, they can be a problem to deal with. Columbia has some budding young stars and has played some teams close (only lost to Ravenwood by 5 after leading for most of the game). Heck, even Northeast has won four games this year...from 05-07 they won 3 games total. Dickson isn't very good but the power running game can cause major issues (ask Centennial).

You obviously missed the Jeff Lockridge prediction in The Tennessean prior to the Ravenwood game. He gave kudos to CHS for a nice run but stated none of the wins were against BHS, RHS or FHS. As for Siegal, CHS was missing three injured starters (a linebacker, an OT who plays some DT and Drew Kelly coming off a 3 TD game at Indy) and still came away with a road win.

sorry his comments predictions dont mean a thing....we can go back n forth and like i said kudos to chs for the nice run but beat fhs and i will believe

even if you lose to fhs i think to be satisfied you need to one at least one playoff game and i do think you will do that.......

You are crazy! The region was down last year. Not this year. From top to bottom this may be the strongest since the 2005 season but for sure since 2006.

In 06 our division went 1-3 in opening roind of playoffs so how could u say the best.

Bwood and franklin has what it takes chs has some worries on defense. You said indy needs offense on track,well its there defense that fives up close to 400 yds a game

In 06 our division went 1-3 in opening roind of playoffs so how could u say the best.

Bwood and franklin has what it takes chs has some worries on defense. You said indy needs offense on track,well its there defense that fives up close to 400 yds a game

And where did I say it was the best that year. I didn't! It was the best in 05 and the worst last year (07). This is based on the talent level and the way the teams in the region played against teams outside of the region.