MBA vs. Ensworth

Ensworth11

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that is what you said I just didn't feel like quoting the whole thing...sorry. He may run for 250 like he did against McCallie, but I would expect for MBA to try to slow the game down and keep the ball out of his hands, as well as have someone like #19 on his tail all night. EHS will have to be able to throw some to keep MBA honest or it will be a long night.

what position does 19 play?

Im telling you right now that it wont be that big of an issue. The center goes up against a 6'6 315 nose guard

at practice every single day. He is ready for the challenge. The EHS line will toss MBA around.

come on be realistic....

EHS line will not toss them around, MBA's line is fairly big....but his experience against that guy should help....but a game is always different than practie

i think this game will make or break ensworths season....as we saw last year, ensworth didnt rebound too well after losing to MBA 14-0....they suffered hard vs Father Ryan and didnt seem to be the team they started out as

I don't think that the loss to MBA last year broke EHS' season. I think that the reason they seemed like a different team was that they lost Jefferson for the season, which obviously was devastating. That having been said, the Big E had a great year last year, much better than expected. They got a big playoff win at Christian Brothers, but then they ran into a great BA team in the semis.

This is going to be a very tough game for both teams. It will be physical, and it will be emotional for everyone involved. It will be a great atmosphere. Both teams have shown the ability to win close games, and both teams will be excited for this contest. Both teams have suffered major injuries as well. Expect both teams to be ready to play.

MBA has a clear advantage when it comes to depth. They simply have more guys to choose from than EHS. EHS however, seems to be slightly more talented than MBA this year. Ensworth's OL and DL are very underrated, and they should be able to take control of the line of scrimmage. Jefferson and Opoku Darkwa are extremely talented backs who can score on any given play.

That having been said, I think this game will come down to a crucial 4th quarter. Games like these are often decided by experience, and for the first time ever, this advantage goes to the Tigers. The Big Red lost most of their starters, while EHS only graduated a few key players from last year's team (#66 and #37 come to mind). I expect EHS to come up big in a pressure situation late in the game, whether its a late TD, or a big stop on D.

Tigers 27, Big Red 24

A lot of people are going to be parking in the grass this year which always takes forever to get out of after the game. Stay on the pavement and you should be good. If you want to sit down at all get their early.

Its going to be an awesome game to watch. Its nice seeing a thread that is ALMOST completely void of any stupid trash talk.

J. I liked the hank Joke.

I agree with BigRedDad in the respect that Ensworth is going to have to be able to pass the ball. MBA did very well last year containing the run and only allowing a few big plays by tavarres who had a broken shoulder. But I dont think that Ensworth is going to have to pass much, just enough to keep the D honest. If they can do this then I think MBA will have a very hard time stopping the run mainly due to EHS's o- line. They have been starting for 4 years and that whole time they have been coached by one of the best o line coaches in the state Edd Caudill. They are also a year bigger and stronger and hopefully it means more to them now. They will create holes and T and Orleans have already proven their ability to find those holes. I think EHS is very capable and has a great chance to win this game.

MBA would beat us, if we did not have Orleans or Tavarres. Without those two, we Ensworthians are pathetic excuses for human beings.

gO TIGERS!

It's funny there is some truth to that statement, even though you meant for it to be 100% sarcastic.

I'm going with Ensworth by 1 in one of the best games of the year.

EHS 35

MBA 34

A lot of people are going to be parking in the grass this year which always takes forever to get out of after the game. Stay on the pavement and you should be good. If you want to sit down at all get their early.

Its going to be an awesome game to watch. Its nice seeing a thread that is ALMOST completely void of any stupid trash talk.

No trash talk, golly geez, peace, love, I hear all the posters from both teams are going to meet for a big smooch prior to the game. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hey guys! I think that Coach Bowers' braces will play a serious role in the game as the reflection of the metal (from his shiny braces with orange and black rubberbands) may very well hurt his communication with his team. Orleans (last name here) will have to step it up if he is going to beat MBA. I have noticed a poor position placement at cornerback as well. How this certain player managed to gain starting responsibility blows thy mind! I have heard speculation that he might be the coach's son, but it is just a theory. The Tigers' cheerleading squad should have a major impact as they bring the "Jungle Fever" to Tiger Stadium.

gO tigers!

I am especially fond of Coach Bowers golf shoes. They really set off the rest of his coaching outfit.

J. I liked the hank Joke.

I agree with BigRedDad in the respect that Ensworth is going to have to be able to pass the ball. MBA did very well last year containing the run and only allowing a few big plays by tavarres who had a broken shoulder. But I dont think that Ensworth is going to have to pass much, just enough to keep the D honest. If they can do this then I think MBA will have a very hard time stopping the run mainly due to EHS's o- line. They have been starting for 4 years and that whole time they have been coached by one of the best o line coaches in the state Edd Caudill. They are also a year bigger and stronger and hopefully it means more to them now. They will create holes and T and Orleans have already proven their ability to find those holes. I think EHS is very capable and has a great chance to win this game.

I'm glad someone appreciated that...

Good point about EHS' O-line. They have guys that have been starting since they were freshmen, and overall they are a tough, physical group. Expect the big boys up front to have a major impact for the Tigers.