MBA vs. Ensworth

Ensworth11

I'm glad someone appreciated that...

Good point about EHS' O-line. They have guys that have been starting since they were freshmen, and overall they are a tough, physical group. Expect the big boys up front to have a major impact for the Tigers.

I'm glad to see you guys have figured out the benefit you have to the school being built one grade at a time. It will be an advantage that will be less important over time. At least this year we won't have tyo hear the whining about "they've played 1000 football games and we have played 6", like something that happened in 1939 had anything to do with the outcome of last years game or this years game for that matter.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to see you guys have figured out the benefit you have to the school being built one grade at a time. It will be an advantage that will be less important over time. At least this year we won't have tyo hear the whining about "they've played 1000 football games and we have played 6", like something that happened in 1939 had anything to do with the outcome of last years game or this years game for that matter.

I am also glad you have figured out the benefit of a school being built a grade at a time that will eventually even out and be like other high schools. No body ever said that a game that happened in 1939 had anything to do with the outcome of this or last years game. But there is something to be said for having a stable tradition. One where upper class men show you how do to things or what to strive for.

I am also glad you have figured out the benefit of a school being built a grade at a time that will eventually even out and be like other high schools. No body ever said that a game that happened in 1939 had anything to do with the outcome of this or last years game. But there is something to be said for having a stable tradition. One where upper class men show you how do to things or what to strive for.

That is true, but there is also an advantage to having a handful of 9th graders who get the undivided attention of coaches like Ricky Bowers, Edd Caudill, and David Pack. The next year you add a few more ninth graders to the boys that are now tenth graders, and so on. From this point forward your Freshman and some of the Sophomres will not be coached by the Varsity coaches everyday, and they won't get the same one on one attention last years Seniors got from those terrific coaches when they were Freshman. It is a benefit.

By the way Coach Bowers made the comment after the game last year that MBA had played 1000 games and Ensworth had played 6. That is a meaningless point.

Will Bower's daughter be dressing out this game? I heard she is one heck of a wide receiver/fullback. You guys heard anything? Also, word around the school here at Ensworth is that coach Bowers is out of the braces....so he will be wearing a retainer at the game.

I agree with what you all are trying to say about situations such as these that occur only so often about once a year. The real deciding factor is jersey color. Seeing as the black jerseys of Ensworth provide an unwritten advantage, it seems these jerseys are faster, stronger, and more agile. This is the deciding factor, also I heard that MBA jsut recruited Byron the Dog to play Wide Receiver for them. And on another note, Ensworth just had a giant elephant shipped form Africa to play O-Line for them. But really what I'm trying to say is it is all about jersey color and i think the White MBA jerseys will beat the Black Ensworth jerseys. As an example I bring the UGA vs. Alabama game to everyones attention.

He who has least turnovers will win.

Ensworth plays a close game till 4th qtr. when their lack of depth shows and MBA wins by 14 points.

Best way to get to game is down Vaughn Rd. (Airplane model field) take right into Edwin Warner picnic area, drive to last picnic area on the left, park there and it's a 5 minute walk down a service road. Take a flashlight with you for the walk back, it's dark in the Jungle.

I agree with what you all are trying to say about situations such as these that occur only so often about once a year. The real deciding factor is jersey color. Seeing as the black jerseys of Ensworth provide an unwritten advantage, it seems these jerseys are faster, stronger, and more agile. This is the deciding factor, also I heard that MBA jsut recruited Byron the Dog to play Wide Receiver for them. And on another note, Ensworth just had a giant elephant shipped form Africa to play O-Line for them. But really what I'm trying to say is it is all about jersey color and i think the White MBA jerseys will beat the Black Ensworth jerseys. As an example I bring the UGA vs. Alabama game to everyones attention.

We don't recruit. And the problem with Byron (and any of the other dogs at MBA-there was a St. Bernard there in my day) is that he was a freshman at 2, and could legally drink at three. He used up 4 years of eligibility in just over 6 months.