Cosby @ Unaka

old24eagle

when I played I was a QB , not a very good one but QB all the same. I heard fans and coaches BEGGING for someone to "kill that QB" ...........I've never been the same. Years of therapy later I still have nightmares........ just kiddin............cmon 25 its football not hopscotch NO ONE meant to hurt you NO ONE wanted to see you go down either time. and I can tell you NO ONE outside of Hamptons fans at your last game at FCS was pullin harder for YOU to do well than me and Bigblue ..........we were there pullin for you and your teammates.

i never said that cosby did it on purpose...... but thanks for the support...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my glory days are over and so are yours.... so lets keep this in the 2000's.... i must have selective hearing because Hampton has had nothing to complain about the last three years.... yea this year is not going the way we want it but i really cant think of a county team that is having a good season.... what i dont understand about me and you and the other cloudland people....... when bird was there we came up there or ya'll came down here and we took our butt whoppin.... then stood at the road and waved u off to state... but now cloudland has turned us in to the TSSAA and my junior year let TC practice up there just because they got beat... that is my point about that.... back to cosby.. never one time under my playing for JC Campbell or Mike L. did they put up a picture or coach T posting or anything else..... when a coach does not have to say anything to his players and they get the job done.... that is when you know you have two of he best coachs and that those coachs have done there job WELL....

Well, one of my coaches used visual aids every week so we would know what the person that we were keying looked like and I dare say that he is one of, if not the best DC in the state, he has had several books published and helped lead an undermaned team to a state title. But I guess he was doing his job all wrong, and he should not have had to do the things he did to help prepare his defenses. He could out-coach any coach you have ever had, period and he used the very tactics that you claim that good coaches do not have to do to be successful. Coaches are different and so are their methods, some coaches believe in using tipsheets and trading films while other coaches would not trade film for love nor money because they would rather backdoor you and get film from other coaches in their own county. I guess thats what it takes to be a good coach, railroad your competition and just get film from other people because your afraid that the team youre playing might be a little to prepared for you. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Well, one of my coaches used visual aids every week so we would know what the person that we were keying looked like and I dare say that he is one of, if not the best DC in the state, he has had several books published and helped lead an undermaned team to a state title. But I guess he was doing his job all wrong, and he should not have had to do the things he did to help prepare his defenses. He could out-coach any coach you have ever had, period and he used the very tactics that you claim that good coaches do not have to do to be successful. Coaches are different and so are their methods, some coaches believe in using tipsheets and trading films while other coaches would not trade film for love nor money because they would rather backdoor you and get film from other coaches in their own county. I guess thats what it takes to be a good coach, railroad your competition and just get film from other people because your afraid that the team youre playing might be a little to prepared for you. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

you are the only person from the roan that makes any since on coach t...... but when you said undermaned team you just lost your whole argument...

you are the only person from the roan that makes any since on coach t...... but when you said undermaned team you just lost your whole argument...

Not from the Roan big guy, Im from Cosby! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

My coach can kick your coach's butt!!

You Shutup and do some banking! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well Townsend, Since you are on here, I've got a question for you.... Exactly what was the deal with your pre-game "warm-up routine" at Cosby..?? I've never seen anything like that in my 25+ years of watching high school football. You didn't line up with the team and stretch. You spent the whole pre-game strutting around. At one point you even climbed the hill behind the goal post and had a seat for a while. I've never seen anything like that..

As far as Coach Shelton and the signs etc... No signs said "take out Townsend" they said "Stop Townsend and Win The Game." Turns out they were wrong...you guys had a good back-up, Fullback and O-line.

BigBlueLB is right. The Cosby Staff are class acts.

read the post.. i never said that they injured me on purpose... and if fans from Hampton said that they are crazy... everyone only talks about in which the manner that they done so... i dont understand you at all... im over the past but i would not say that im over myself.... i cant think of any other team in the county that was over on TC's side of the field besides cloudland.... in what such a way did we act in the three year run we had.... what by running he score up on a team...... never happened the starters were out in the first quarter.... dont worry ill wait for an reply...

So what, get over it. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> They put a few little pictures of you on bulletins 2 years ago and you feel compelled to come on here and talk about your hatred of Cosby. Get over it. Your own papa was the one who got on here and claimed that Cosby tried to take you out on purpose. Back in your 3 year run, Hampton fairweather fans were all over the message boards bragging about destroying everyone in their path. Now all those fans are gone!!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Where oh where did they go? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

And CosbyEagle to answer your question: define Byrd: an athlete with class who warms up with his teammates.

Define Townsend: an athlete who thinks he is better than what he is and feels compelled to draw attention to himself. Guys, am I close? /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well Townsend, Since you are on here, I've got a question for you.... Exactly what was the deal with your pre-game "warm-up routine" at Cosby..?? I've never seen anything like that in my 25+ years of watching high school football. You didn't line up with the team and stretch. You spent the whole pre-game strutting around. At one point you even climbed the hill behind the goal post and had a seat for a while. I've never seen anything like that..

As far as Coach Shelton and the signs etc... No signs said "take out Townsend" they said "Stop Townsend and Win The Game." Turns out they were wrong...you guys had a good back-up, Fullback and O-line.

i lead my team out every week to do exercizes and i had a hurt hipflexor... and i was tring to stay rested... that was the most Focused that i have ever been... everyone that i was arround said that i looked like i was ready to play.. john cryder and coach witley were coming from carson newman to scout me.... and before i got on the bus.. the coachs told me to come in their office... they told me i was not going to come out of the game and they were going to let me run wild.... needless to say we got the W and that is all that really matters...

I used to hang around your area some many years ago. Who all is coaching at Cosby now?

Is there a still a teacher there with a first name of Vicki? She is probably in her mid 50s and her maiden name was Bryant. She was one heck of a basketball player in her day!