Walker valley vs Rhea

eagle4ever

AMEN. if he got put out i think we should just snap the ball to AJ. he's got an arm we saw that on the trick play last week. im not sure that he can grasp the offense, but if he cant then it needs to be swafford. he can run and throw the ball, which is two things i didn't see out of our backup last night. no offense to Davis but it needs to be number 14.

How bout we just pray Tallent doesn't go down?

I got a better ideal How bout we worry about yelling and let the coaches coach.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HELLOOOOO?! Does it not bother anyone else that Davis cannot be counted on to make a stinkin' PAT?! I mean, THIS IS RIDICULOUS!! Is it too much to ask? Once our boys bust their butts making a great effort getting it down field and pound into the endzone for a great exciting touchdown, THEN we all have to sit on the edge of our seats hold our breath crossing our fingers and PRAY that maybe by some miracle he could manage to get it thru the uprights. That is just completely RIDICULOUS!! Once you make a touchdown, it should just be a given your kicker goes out there and takes care of business. At this level of high school play our little "D-1 prospect" should be able to get that one little extra point in his sleep! What's gonna happen when we get in a one, two or three point game? This "little" problem could be a BIG one. I admit he is a GREAT punter and kickoff kicker......really great.....but if we cannot count on him for the PAT then why on this earth are we still putting him out there time after time? Oh, maybe because all of our other kickers quit because they knew they had absolutely NO chance of taking the field with Davis and "Daddy Davis" on the team?! I hear there is ONE JV kicker that is doing pretty well in his own right. I mean it can not HURT us any to just go ahead and let him TRY to make us a point or two. Not saying to put Davis on the bench completely.....just let someone else try for the PAT. ANYONE else try. For heavens sake, we could put Daggett out there and do better. Hear we have more of a chance with him. Not trying to be mean or anything but if our coaches cant see it or are just TOO AFRAID of making "Daddy Davis" upset, then maybe Davis himself may have to step up - take one for the team - and suggest it himself! Lets do something NOW instead of waiting till we actually lose one because of coaching politics. PLEASE!!! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

HELLOOOOO?! Does it not bother anyone else that Davis cannot be counted on to make a stinkin' PAT?! I mean, THIS IS RIDICULOUS!! Is it too much to ask? Once our boys bust their butts making a great effort getting it down field and pound into the endzone for a great exciting touchdown, THEN we all have to sit on the edge of our seats hold our breath crossing our fingers and PRAY that maybe by some miracle he could manage to get it thru the uprights. That is just completely RIDICULOUS!! Once you make a touchdown, it should just be a given your kicker goes out there and takes care of business. At this level of high school play our little "D-1 prospect" should be able to get that one little extra point in his sleep! What's gonna happen when we get in a one, two or three point game? This "little" problem could be a BIG one. I admit he is a GREAT punter and kickoff kicker......really great.....but if we cannot count on him for the PAT then why on this earth are we still putting him out there time after time? Oh, maybe because all of our other kickers quit because they knew they had absolutely NO chance of taking the field with Davis and "Daddy Davis" on the team?! I hear there is ONE JV kicker that is doing pretty well in his own right. I mean it can not HURT us any to just go ahead and let him TRY to make us a point or two. Not saying to put Davis on the bench completely.....just let someone else try for the PAT. ANYONE else try. For heavens sake, we could put Daggett out there and do better. Hear we have more of a chance with him. Not trying to be mean or anything but if our coaches cant see it or are just TOO AFRAID of making "Daddy Davis" upset, then maybe Davis himself may have to step up - take one for the team - and suggest it himself! Lets do something NOW instead of waiting till we actually lose one because of coaching politics. PLEASE!!! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I agree the kicking game will be critical the deeper we get into the season.Hopefully this will get worked out.

Can the JV kicker kick long FG's too?

Nice signature /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Don't even complain about it. Josh Davis isn't going anywhere. He could miss ever PAT for the next two weeks and still start against Cleveland.

Kickers are head cases, he's probably just in a slump mentally. He sure can kick the ball. I'm sure he'll get it worked out. He's got about two weeks.

I agree the kicking game will be critical the deeper we get into the season.Hopefully this will get worked out.

Can the JV kicker kick long FG's too?

I heard the JV kicker (a Junior I think) put several kickoffs into the endzone in games and did not miss any PATs. I am not really suggesting we even let him do long FGs. Davis can probably do long just fine. Not sure. But we DO know we could at least benefit by trying something else for just the regular ole PATs that we are not getting. And let me make clear that IF that kicker cant do it either, it is going to fall right back on the special teams coach ("Daddy Davis" I believe) for running off the other kickers we had that COULD.

And those kickers are?

They only one who I can think of is Carlos Rodriguez but he was academically ineligible, and the coaches even gave him a chance to get the class he needed this summer and he just didn't go to class. Beyond that I can't think of any other kickers.

Davis is just in a slump FG wise, punting on the other hand he is excellent. Sisk, he is a good developing kicker.

Good win no matter how awful the opponent played. The guys still went out there and did the job. Offense is executing as well as I've ever seen here. Defensively, it appears that wrapping up has been drilled in their collective heads. We were much better than at McMinn on tackling. I obviously didn't keep up with it in any detail, but I would like to point out that the 4 man front was in use for the entire first half. The three man front was used for the entire Walker Valley scoring drive. We then went back to a 4 man front. The 4 man front appears to be working. Hopefully, we'll stick with it.

For better or worse, region 4-4A is not as tough as it used to be. I see two legitimate teams here, and they meet Week 9. If Red Bank only beat Walker Valley 14-7 in a defensive struggle, either Walker Valley didn't show up Friday or Red Bank is just as bad. To keep from hearing screeching, cat claw hate mail keep in mind this in no way takes away anything from what the team has done this year.

As for coaching, this staff made some real...questionable decisions last year. This year doesn't seem to be the case.

Granted, it helps when everything called on offense works and overall opponents haven't been as good as last year (except Soddy and maybe McMinn). Again, this isn't a criticism, but that should be kept in perspective.

All three of those losses were Maryville. All three of those years they had talent advantages, but not enough to justify the blowout scores. 2000 I thought we had a legitimate chance and the game was closer than the 21-7 (think that was it) score. 2001 we just had a bad game, and it was tough coming off that big emotional win over East Ridge in OT. Matt Riggs just didn't show up that night. 2006 was a well coached game for the 1st half when we came out in the 5 wide. Maryville clearly was not ready for that. They couldn't handle Wilson's scrambling ability either. We were so close to going up 14-0 on them. That was one of the worst reffed games I've ever seen.

FYI: Riggs was a senior in 2000, which is why he didn't "show up" at the 2001 game. As good as that East Ridge win was, man did they get thumped the next week. 48-0 at the half in Spankville. Went on to lose 61-14. Ouch.

FYI: Riggs was a senior in 2000. Didn't play on the '01 squad. As good as that East Ridge win was, man did they get thumped the next week. 48-0 at the half in Spankville. Went on to lose 61-14. Ouch.

I've slept since then. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think there is still room for improvment on this team. We still have a couple guys in positions i dont think they can play well one number 20 is way out of his comfort zone out there and i wish they would go to a four or five man line on D i think it would help them stop the running game.

Fact - Never said it was about me. Explain how I'm full of myself for having an opinion? I never said that I was some amazing coach and knew everything. I'm just saying that there are MANY out there who could do better and bring this program back to where it needs to be.

Fact - I said it was a good win, just against an terrible opponent.

Fact - I never said you couldn't say what you want. You are the one who always goes on the offensive about how I talk negatively about Fitzgerald.

Fact - If, by stating the obvious that Fitzgerald is a terrible coach, we are any less of a fan than you guys are then so be it.

I'm behind those boys 100%. I don't see how you can question that. I would just like to see a disciplined staff who could develop the talent and make the boys play up to their full potential.

Do you guys not remember the 80's? The excitement? Can you not remember how it felt? How the whole community coming together for football? We're 5-1 right now. That excitement is not there like it used to be. You know why? Because everyone knows we are going to beat the teams we should beat and lose to the ones we should lose to. They know we're going to have a decent record in the regular season and make an early exit in the playoffs. It has become the norm. Fitzgerald and Co. have proven their ineptitude over and over again by not being able to help these boys play as good as they should.

Say I'm living in the past, say I'm not a good fan, say whatever you want, but please just don't question whether I'm a fan of not. I promise you no one out there is a bigger supporter of Cameron Tallent, Kevin Revis, Jon Finch, AJ Brown, Caleb Price, Jacob Swafford , Justin Rice and the rest than I am.

you are right about the excitment not being there. i remember the late 80's early 90's but i still support the kids and i think the coaching staff has improved somewhat over the last little bit i am not jumping on there bandwagon but i will say they look good most nights.as far as tallent goes we have plenty in this county the northend and the southend have plenty look at there middleschool records every year.maybe we can keep this thing rolling and go far in the playoffs.