Let's talk Cougar ball

rebelrebelman

Well the Central Roberts failed to win again this week despite a strong game plan set up by Mrs. Roberts. She stressed excecution and special teams. QB Roberts had a couple of crippling turnovers, which means he may find his allowance a little short from ole mom. Coach Nelson considered going to a weapon flying under the radar in QB Wenchill (spelling?) but Mother Roberts has never been one to deviate from a sturdy game plan. Let's hope she will unground her QB and see if they can put a strong effort against South. I'll be in the stands rooting for our line (south's) to keep up its tremendous play, but I'm also hoping the MLC doormat can make some strides and boost our conference a little.

Not just to pick on Central, I also went to a Unicoi game a couple of weeks ago...not much better. I'll be rooting for the Cougars in that one.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the Central Roberts failed to win again this week despite a strong game plan set up by Mrs. Roberts. She stressed excecution and special teams. QB Roberts had a couple of crippling turnovers, which means he may find his allowance a little short from ole mom. Coach Nelson considered going to a weapon flying under the radar in QB Wenchill (spelling?) but Mother Roberts has never been one to deviate from a sturdy game plan. Let's hope she will unground her QB and see if they can put a strong effort against South. I'll be in the stands rooting for our line (south's) to keep up its tremendous play, but I'm also hoping the MLC doormat can make some strides and boost our conference a little.

Not just to pick on Central, I also went to a Unicoi game a couple of weeks ago...not much better. I'll be rooting for the Cougars in that one.

You are not kidding that is the worst coaching [Robers&Nelson]It was like waching the UT game the only the only differance is UT can win games.I think it is time for a coaching change ie.[Roberts&Nelson] There are to many good players on that team that have become victim to coaching decisions[Roberts&Nelson] I thinkit is time for a coaching and QB change!!!

You are not kidding that is the worst coaching [Robers&Nelson]It was like waching the UT game the only the only differance is UT can win games.I think it is time for a coaching change ie.[Roberts&Nelson] There are to many good players on that team that have become victim to coaching decisions[Roberts&Nelson] I thinkit is time for a coaching and QB change!!!

UT can win games?? UAB is such a touch foe. We'll be lucky to beat northern illinois.

and I'm sure you know exactly what you're speaking of when you talk about the two of them. I mean, you act as if you know them very well.

Get to know that QB. Then talk.

UT can win games?? UAB is such a touch foe. We'll be lucky to beat northern illinois.

and I'm sure you know exactly what you're speaking of when you talk about the two of them. I mean, you act as if you know them very well.

Get to know that QB. Then talk.

I am sure the QB is a great kid But he is not the QB he thinks he is

I am sure the QB is a great kid But he is not the QB he thinks he is

I don't know where you get this from?

I've never heard the kid once act overly cocky about it. He probably beat you out for the position at some point in time. Otherwise, I don't know how you would know anything about "what he thinks he is". You're sure getting him back.

I also hope YOU are who i think you are. See ya friday night.

Central lost a great athlete in Duke Morentz.He would have helped them alot in football.Now the kid is not even playing due to (un seen )circumstances.

That is a shame,wasted talent for a team that could have used it.

Well.........

I heard he was back practicing?? and would be playing either this week or next week?

Just came from the South thread and thought I'd share some perspective.

Siegar from Holston Middle(sp?) should have been hired to coach Central when Nelson was hired. He has proven himself at Holston as a quality head coach. What had Nelson done before Central hired him? I hear politics went a long way to determining his fate. Some influential boosters wanted their kids to play specific positions and didn't feel Siegar would bow to their wills. At Holston he put players in positions to give the TEAM the best chance to win. Not necessarily their preferred positions. The kids from Holston in this year's Central senior class beat Colonial Heights in the county championship game when when they were 8th graders on South's field. Now they can't win a game! Give me a break! Clearly the ball is getting dropped after the kids leave Seeger's tutelage. How many drubbings must Central kids and fans endure before the adults do something about it?