Brighton v. Henry County

chaos001

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand what you are sayin kwc but I think what warrior was talkin about is if the safety for any team makes the most tackles or is the best defensive player your gonna be in trouble. Our qb and slot back will make you miss and the rb will just lower his shoulders and run right through the tackle. So if they are makin it that far into the secondary it will get ugly fast.

I realized that when Warrior said it patriot4. My whole point was this ... If you have a person on your team that plays both ways ... if you lose that person ... you effectively lose TWO people, one on 'O' and one on 'D'. If the coaches felt that the 2nd guy in those positions were good enough ... 'they' would be starting in those positions, and not the 'one' person. It doesn't matter what position he plays on 'D' because it is a team sport and the dominoe effect will take place. Instead of ONE person going down ... you lose two. I realize that Henry County is basically a running team ... but it doesn't matter because CB and Safties also have run support duties along with their coverage duties. The difference being that the starter may have prevented a long TD where as the sub doesn't get the job done and a score is a result of a missed tackle in the open field. It makes a big difference.

Munford pressured him and knocked him down a few times. He responded with two TD passes, and a come from behind victory in the game's last two minutes. I believe that Henry County will win, but don't sell Brighton short.

I thought you were a retired coach by the lake??? I wonder how you get Brighton film way down there? Did you go to the game? Did you see this live. I think not... Like I have said before. You are a fake and you are a HC coach. I am glad that you are so that I can tell you how I love you and the Big Red. Just quit trying to act like you are something else!!!

We are all on here for fun and you are one of the first to get on to us for giving the Big Red props. Now we all know you are a coach trying to slow us down.

HC TO STATE! HC TO STATE! HC TO STATE!!!

Also as a Vol Fan, I am very UPSET with Allen saying his commitment is SOFT!!!! I thought a commitment meant a person was doing what he said he would do. I know he is a kid, but don't commit if you are going to change!!!!!! GO VOLS and GO BIG RED!!!

Looking at both teams Henry is by far the better team. Now before the Brighton fans get all worked up let me say I've seen Brighton against Munford and watched both Brighton and Henry on film and Henry is flat out better. They are bigger, faster, and more talented. It's true the better team doesn't always win but remember smart money bets on the best horse. The bad news for region 7 is Henry has two such horses. Brighton's offense was held in check for the most part by Munford's press coverage which took away the short passing game and screens. The front four of Munford did a good job of slowing down the run and getting some pressure on the QB. Now I think everyone would agree that Henry's Defense is better then Munford's talent wise so knowing that Henry has that film and if they choose a simular tactic what would you guess the out come to be. Brighton fans were posting Brighton would name the score against Munford. I doubt they were naming 19 points, 7 of which came off a kick off return. I don't see Brighton getting it done. Henry County with a running clock.

I want to second Red Warrior's praise for your posts!!! They are always insightful, intelligently composedand to the point.Your mastery of the Kings English is remarkable. Iespecially look forward to your weekly commentary on big games in Memphis and your predictions. Keep up the good work.

GO BIG RED

olddevil, thank you and Red Warrior for you kind words. I love a good conversation about high school football. I love the passion that the Henry County fans show for their team. The 'Big Games in Memphis' thing just hit me one day and once I started, I felt like I needed to keep it up. I usually don't post it till Wednesday or later but I think if i post it earlier then there may be some better response. The week 7 post has generated some interest. Besides ... it give folks like me and TraderB a reason to post! ... LOL. Once again ... thanks.

Looking at both teams Henry is by far the better team. Now before the Brighton fans get all worked up let me say I've seen Brighton against Munford and watched both Brighton and Henry on film and Henry is flat out better. They are bigger, faster, and more talented. It's true the better team doesn't always win but remember smart money bets on the best horse. The bad news for region 7 is Henry has two such horses. Brighton's offense was held in check for the most part by Munford's press coverage which took away the short passing game and screens. The front four of Munford did a good job of slowing down the run and getting some pressure on the QB. Now I think everyone would agree that Henry's Defense is better then Munford's talent wise so knowing that Henry has that film and if they choose a simular tactic what would you guess the out come to be. Brighton fans were posting Brighton would name the score against Munford. I doubt they were naming 19 points, 7 of which came off a kick off return. I don't see Brighton getting it done. Henry County with a running clock.

Brighton has seen nothing but press coverage all year if you guys traded film you would have seen that and might could have changed the outcome. Brighton come in looking over munford because of 1-5 record and looking forward to henry. Anybody else on that night would have beat brighton just glad it was munford so brightons worst verse munfords best still won out. Great job on shutting brighton down since two backs gained over 100 yds apiece. QB did affect brighton when he went down because brighton is like family on the football team and the confidence sink not like munford where there might be a new guy in the locker next to you anyday so its hard to be a team.

Anyway....Good luck to henry and hope its a great game for a big crowd to watch. It will be a great atmosphere for football

I thought you were a retired coach by the lake??? I wonder how you get Brighton film way down there? Did you go to the game? Did you see this live. I think not... Like I have said before. You are a fake and you are a HC coach. I am glad that you are so that I can tell you how I love you and the Big Red. Just quit trying to act like you are something else!!!

We are all on here for fun and you are one of the first to get on to us for giving the Big Red props. Now we all know you are a coach trying to slow us down.

HC TO STATE! HC TO STATE! HC TO STATE!!!

Also as a Vol Fan, I am very UPSET with Allen saying his commitment is SOFT!!!! I thought a commitment meant a person was doing what he said he would do. I know he is a kid, but don't commit if you are going to change!!!!!! GO VOLS and GO BIG RED!!!

Why don't you try READING my posts, before spouting off and appearing foolish. I never said that I saw any film on anyone. I have personally attended Henry County games, and a couple of also retired coaches from the Memphis area have seen Brighton play twice, and one of them saw the Henry County-Westview game. I base my knowledge on that. I know football. I haven't seen Brighton play, but a couple of friends have. A committment from a teenager means nothing. I'm sure that they pressured him to commit before he was ready. That's usually the case. I would consider LSU also.

I hope that you are correct. I have a couple of friends who think Brighton is just as fast (except for Teague), and just as athletic as Henry County. They also feel that Brighton's defense is more aggressive up front, and a little more physical. They both feel like Henry County will win. How do you feel about their assessment?

I hope that you are correct. I have a couple of friends who think Brighton is just as fast (except for Teague), and just as athletic as Henry County. They also feel that Brighton's defense is more aggressive up front, and a little more physical. They both feel like Henry County will win. How do you feel about their assessment?

Warrior I read in a paper or magazine that brighton had 1 big guy on the d-line like our big guy. But I read that the rest of there d-line and there o-line is kind of small.

Warrior I read in a paper or magazine that brighton had 1 big guy on the d-line like our big guy. But I read that the rest of there d-line and there o-line is kind of small.

My information is that they are not big, in fact we will be a little bigger up front when we are on defense. The comparison I spoke of was that a friend said that their defense was more aggressive up front than ours.

My information is that they are not big, in fact we will be a little bigger up front when we are on defense. The comparison I spoke of was that a friend said that their defense was more aggressive up front than ours.

But bein too aggressive can hurt you with our offense. Out of all the years of coachin and watchin football. Where does marsalis rank for you on his acceleration.