Brighton v. Henry County

chaos001

well, it seems as if this game will be impacted by an injury sustained during a prior game. from my own ignorance, i'm not very aware of brigton's past and how they run their offense. how instrumental was brighton's qb in offense? is this team usually a passing one?

as much as i was hoping for a strong test against a serious opponent, it looks like i'll have to wait 'til the playoffs.

ROLL ON BIG RED...

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, it seems as if this game will be impacted by an injury sustained during a prior game. from my own ignorance, i'm not very aware of brigton's past and how they run their offense. how instrumental was brighton's qb in offense? is this team usually a passing one?

as much as i was hoping for a strong test against a serious opponent, it looks like i'll have to wait 'til the playoffs.

ROLL ON BIG RED...

Well Brighton had averaged about 40 points a game while Kale Jackson was at QB and were out to a quick 13-0 lead over Munford just minutes into the game before he was injured. They didn't score again until a minute left in the game to take back the lead and win the game. Brighton will not be the same team as before, but hopefully they can come together and finish the season strong. Jackson is the team leader and without him the team suddenly becomes very one dimensional on offense.

i was hoping for him to play...but to hear that he was just about their only weapon kind of makes it worse. it would've been great to see THE BIG RED defense shut him down on their own.

oh well...

I would think that this is one of those weeks that the HC coaches may not know what to expect, new qb, likely to be some tricky business going on in tipton county this week. I hate their qbg got hurt, it will definitely be a crutch for the cardinals to fall backon, just look at the New ENgland Pats, tough to replace a good one. As the Cardinals ahve been much improved, so have the Patriots, I do not see them closing the gap. Patriots leave no doubts this week who the better team is. qb or no qb.

While the QB was a good passer I noticed that they ran for more yards than they threw for against Hardin County. The backup will have a week to get ready. They will come in here ready to go next week. I'm sure they aren't a one man team. They were ranked in the top five. One guy doesn't cause that ranking to take place. We better be ready.

I will change my prediction. Henry County big. Brighton's first points came off the opening kickoff return for a touchdown. The second off a long pass on 4th and 2. Their last touchdown came after Munford recovered a fumble to try and run the clock out but fumble two plays later to give Brighton a chance. I give them credit they drove the ball fifty yards to score for the win. Brighton to finish 3rd in region.

While the QB was a good passer I noticed that they ran for more yards than they threw for against Hardin County. The backup will have a week to get ready. They will come in here ready to go next week. I'm sure they aren't a one man team. They were ranked in the top five. One guy doesn't cause that ranking to take place. We better be ready.

I agree. I expect them to come here ready to play. This could be the region title on the line. And I'm sure there coaches will have them ready. I just hope it don't last that long. And what did everybody else think about number 6. New weopon?

They gotta play Hardin County in 4 weeks.

And they will get spanked just like the other 9 on our schedule! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I have watched Henry County play this Hardin County team before and you want to talk about SLOW. Henry County runs circles around the guys from Hardin. I mean that QB was quick and they had a receiver that was quick, but the rest SLOW. Not to even worrry about it, but since you brought it up. We will beat Hardin by at least 5 tds 48-7.

Now back to Brighton. I was hoping to actually have to watch some coaching and playing that mattered in a second half, but it won't again. HC 48 Brighton 18 Running clock because they score the 18 in the late parts of the game.

Can we just go ahead and call Melrose and let us play the round three game now? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

And they will get spanked just like the other 9 on our schedule! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I have watched Henry County play this Hardin County team before and you want to talk about SLOW. Henry County runs circles around the guys from Hardin. I mean that QB was quick and they had a receiver that was quick, but the rest SLOW. Not to even worrry about it, but since you brought it up. We will beat Hardin by at least 5 tds 48-7.

Now back to Brighton. I was hoping to actually have to watch some coaching and playing that mattered in a second half, but it won't again. HC 48 Brighton 18 Running clock because they score the 18 in the late parts of the game.

Can we just go ahead and call Melrose and let us play the round three game now? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I will agree with Red Warrior and tell you that the indication is that rounds one AND two will be tougher than ever before against region 8. In addition, Brighton will be better than you think. Their offense was not built around one player. They beat Munford with their backup QB in a comeback late in the game. Their offense is one of the top in West Tennessee. They have more rushing AND passing yards than most teams and are much more balanced than we are (I have watched the stats in the Jackson Sun each Saturday).

Saturday-less than 24 hours after spanking JCM, all the buzz around town is about the brighton game. I am not even a coach but all day today no matter was I was, hospital, Oktoberfest, store, boss hoss rally (ha ha) people stopped me to ask about the upcoming game. There is a lot of excitment in Henry County these days!! Even the band is in on the action!! They are drawing their own crowd. I anticipate Potete will have to expand the bleachers for the rush of new students who want to be part of the band! Anyway the word around town is that you should be at the field no later than 5 or 530 to get a seat. OMG. I know tailgating will be starting around noon. MMM red beans and rice this week and we look forward to welcoming many out-of -towners. Not only from brighton but others coming to see University of Henry County. It has been awesome to see major scouts and coaches from around the SEC on our sidelines. What an opportunity for our players--at all levels! We must keep level heads, but if we play our game like we know how to, we should run the clock the rest of the season. The offer continues for pizza throughout the season, but I doubt I will be dippin' into that budget the rest of the season. I guess I will just buy myself a new pair of shoes instead ha!. I will save it for my hotel room in the boro!

Lets have another victorious, injury free game this week

GO BIG RED!