Brighton v. Henry County

chaos001

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A. We've also never had a HC team quite like this before that was so well-rounded on both sides of the ball.

B. If I remember correctly, the original poster who referred to us as the ???U of HC??? was commenting on the atmosphere of our games (fan and community support, our incredibly talented band and director, tailgating, etc) and not to the abilities of said team.

For every game and throughout every thread we have one fan who continuously predicts a running clock and beating the opposition by at least 40-50 points. While I agree he adds to the huge target that is on our Patriots??™ backs, nothing that any of us say is going to change him. Arguing amongst the Big Red faithful makes all of us look dumb.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The "U of HC" comment is understandable as you explain it. Disagreement, however, is not a bad thing, and I do not agree that it makes us look dumb. I also agree that the idea that "two D1 prospects" gives us a ticket to the title game is stupid, and I think it has been mentioned by more than one person.

Hey guys, I have not been on in a while, It sounds like things are going great for Henry County. I have been out West for a couple of months. I am back and headed to Paris on Friday. I did hear that Brighton is a different ball club this season and the Patriots might be overlooking them. Good luck and I cant wait to see this game.

Hey guys with all of this talk going on i'm gonna play devils advocate right quick. so far henry county's opponents combined record is 10 wins and 24 loses. almost half of that is a westview team that got absolutely blown out by camden and let dresden hang 32 on them. another 4 is from a decent liberty team that just lost to lexington. ya'll played two teams that haven't won a game and two with 1 win. yea you guys have some great players and have put up a lot of points but who hasn't on these teams, so everybody should just cool down with this "university of Henry County" talk and quit thinking their the best team of all time, even at henry county. But on the bright side i do think ya'll have a heck of ball club and are for real, especially with your offense. but i do think your defense isn't quite as strong as ya'll perceive it to be in paris, and could hurt ya'll in the long run. good luck HC

Hey guys with all of this talk going on i'm gonna play devils advocate right quick. so far henry county's opponents combined record is 10 wins and 24 loses. almost half of that is a westview team that got absolutely blown out by camden and let dresden hang 32 on them. another 4 is from a decent liberty team that just lost to lexington. ya'll played two teams that haven't won a game and two with 1 win. yea you guys have some great players and have put up a lot of points but who hasn't on these teams, so everybody should just cool down with this "university of Henry County" talk and quit thinking their the best team of all time, even at henry county. But on the bright side i do think ya'll have a heck of ball club and are for real, especially with your offense. but i do think your defense isn't quite as strong as ya'll perceive it to be in paris, and could hurt ya'll in the long run. good luck HC

The score of the games does not do justice to how efficient HC is. Most of the pts scored in EVERY game came in the first half. So, you can't look at a 48-13 game the way you normally would. Seeing is believing, and Brighton will be believers this Friday.

HC 54 - Brighton 18

so...this begs a little comparison. hopefully at this late hour, i didn't mess anything up. if i did, i shall correct it.

Point Totals so far:

HCHS - 276 Opponents - 54

BHS - 221 Opponents - 84

Game Scoring Average:

HCHS - 46 Opponents - 9

BHS - 37 Opponents - 14

Average Margin of Victory:

HCHS - 37

BHS - 23

Opponents' Records:

HCHS opponents' records: 10-26

BHS opponents' records: 9-28

that means HC has put 55 more points on the board than Brighton. it also means that HC has allowed 30 points less to be scored against them than Brighton. hmmm...looks like our defense hasn't allowed as many points! and to think our starters (both off. and def.) are only playing half a game for the most part!

hmmm...interesting.

as far as what i predict, as long as the D comes out and hits HARD like they did against westview, we'll be ok.

i'm gonna go with a score of 48-14 (since that seems to be about our average so far).

don't dance with the devil in the pale moonlight...i'll always win /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Hey guys, I have not been on in a while, It sounds like things are going great for Henry County. I have been out West for a couple of months. I am back and headed to Paris on Friday. I did hear that Brighton is a different ball club this season and the Patriots might be overlooking them. Good luck and I cant wait to see this game.

Welcome back West TN! And we will welcome you to Paris this Friday night. But one thing for sure, the Patriots are NOT overlooking Brighton. Heck, they are 6-0 just like us with fairly comparable stats (see chaos' earlier post). And this whole jazz about losing their QB in the Munford game seems like a ruse to me. Sure he may have been a great leader, but it appears that the young man that stepped in actually won the game for the Cardinals. I personally don't see any change in the Brighton team from last week to the Brighton team this week. If anything it will be a better passing team. Henry County will be ready for them and most certainly won't be overlooking them. This is the biggest regular season game since '92 when Brentwood Academy came to town against an undefeated 8-0 Patriot squad that lost to Gallatin in the semi's that year. So I would expect a wildly excited community and an incredibly awesome atmosphere for football come Friday night. Its going to be a great one!!!

This week's opponent is Brighton, who is 6-0. This should answer your concerns, and anyone else's. My information is that they are good and will test Henry County.

The score of the games does not do justice to how efficient HC is. Most of the pts scored in EVERY game came in the first half. So, you can't look at a 48-13 game the way you normally would. Seeing is believing, and Brighton will be believers this Friday.

HC 54 - Brighton 18

I hope you are right but Brighton will be MUCH better than the teams we have played so far.

After hearin this chump run his mouth about Henry County (and this is bad to say since I'm Hardin county-pro and we actually need HC to win) I hope Brighton beats the living crap out of Henry County and then I hope HC goes into such a deep hole with everyone else they play that they go right back to what they were 3 and 4 and forever-else more years they were before...Nothing. Not a freakin thing. That school has got about as much tradition as UT. Yeah dog, you're right. Dominique Allen and the qb wit a funky name will fit in real well there. GOD Im sick of people hypin Henry County. Someone....Anyone....Please beat these dudes. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Stay off the Henry Co. thread if you don't like what people are saying. Get on the Hardin County thread if there is one!

so...this begs a little comparison. hopefully at this late hour, i didn't mess anything up. if i did, i shall correct it.

Point Totals so far:

HCHS - 276 Opponents - 54

BHS - 221 Opponents - 84

Game Scoring Average:

HCHS - 46 Opponents - 9

BHS - 37 Opponents - 14

Average Margin of Victory:

HCHS - 37

BHS - 23

Opponents' Records:

HCHS opponents' records: 10-26

BHS opponents' records: 9-28

that means HC has put 55 more points on the board than Brighton. it also means that HC has allowed 30 points less to be scored against them than Brighton. hmmm...looks like our defense hasn't allowed as many points! and to think our starters (both off. and def.) are only playing half a game for the most part!

hmmm...interesting.

as far as what i predict, as long as the D comes out and hits HARD like they did against westview, we'll be ok.

i'm gonna go with a score of 48-14 (since that seems to be about our average so far).

don't dance with the devil in the pale moonlight...i'll always win /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I know that you can't always compare scores against common opponents as a viable measuring stick, but it is interesting nonetheless. Henry County beat Treadwell 48-14 and Brighton beat them 54-20. Both teams played subs in the second half. Brighton is much more balanced on offense than Henry County. They run more than they pass, but they pass MUCH more than Henry County. They are more more dangerous than Henry County in the kickoff and punt return game. They have a little more TEAM speed and quickness than Henry County, but they have no one as fast as Teague. Many of you are selling them short. I have a couple of retired coaches who are friends of mine who saw Henry County play Westview and saw Brighton play Munford. They think Henry County is a little better overall, but think that if Brighton plays well, that it could be close.

I know that you can't always compare scores against common opponents as a viable measuring stick, but it is interesting nonetheless. Henry County beat Treadwell 48-14 and Brighton beat them 54-20. Both teams played subs in the second half. Brighton is much more balanced on offense than Henry County. They run more than they pass, but they pass MUCH more than Henry County. They are more more dangerous than Henry County in the kickoff and punt return game. They have a little more TEAM speed and quickness than Henry County, but they have no one as fast as Teague. Many of you are selling them short. I have a couple of retired coaches who are friends of mine who saw Henry County play Westview and saw Brighton play Munford. They think Henry County is a little better overall, but think that if Brighton plays well, that it could be close.

The balnce thing is definitely a misconception. Yes henry county runs more than they pass, they donot however feature one back, they feature 3. They also score many tds in 1, 2, or 3 plays. Running 15-18 plays in a half is tough to get any simulation of a balnced offense, I am sure that coach Gaddis would love to pass more, but when you have # 3, #34, and # 40, why try to get the ball to someone else coach?

As far as the passing game goes, all the coaches have to do is call the play. Marsalis had two TD passes friday night and they werent dump offs or screens. One to #40 deep down the middle and one to #6 deep down the right hash. If I remember right we had 7 TD's friday night, 2 by air, 4 by ground, and 1 fumble return. 2 of the rushing TD's came on the first two offensive plays from scrimmage. Kind of hard to ask those guys to stop in the middle of the field so we can throw it in the endzone. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />