Smith County comes to the Rockpile October 17 2008

Mr. Postman1

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> one things for sure ...lip flappin doesnt win ballgames !!!!!! GOOD JOB OWLS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

First thing, this was an outstanding game. Physical, hard hitting, defensive high school game. Doesn't get much better. My hats off to the Eagles. You guys have a good team up there. Absolutley dominated our line the first half. The second half our boys came out and won the line of scrimmage. Shut down the Eagles running game. Our defense played their tails off. #48 made an oustanding grab for the first TD, and #1 made a great INT to seal it. Great win tonight over a real good football team.

/excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

Everybody come on up to the Rockpile tonight. John Elway will be quarbacking for the Owls and Tony Dorsett will be toting the rock. Can the Eagles stop the owls. It remains to be seen. Another thing that remains to be seen, will coach Kelly play the starters tonight since the Eagles have the region championship locked up with a win over East Robertson and Jackson Co.. SC could be facing the Eagle freshman and B-team to keep from injurying players for the playoffs. I think they would give the owls a all they wanted. Never the less, the pressure is on the owls. They lose this game and the playoffs could be a dream for the SC seniors. Every snap will be a pressure situation for the owls. Come on up and see this Pro-Bowl back field that the owls possess. Should be a good one.

OH YES WAIT A MINUTE MR. POSTMANNNNN WAY WAY WAY WAIT AND SEEE /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Nice game owls. You did the one thing I said you wouldn't do-stop the run. SC will be a tough out for anyone in the playoffs. I don't see how YAI beat SC. There were big plays that went both ways, and big turnovers that went both ways. The Eagles didn't seem to show up in the 4th quarter and the Owls capitalized. I wouldn't mind seeing these two teams play again, it was one of the best match-ups of two HS teams I have seen in a long time.

What does it matter how many our stadium seats? Pile em in 3 rows deep around the fence. I think the only reason SC fans are worried about seating is because they won't have much to stand up and cheer about. Makes more sense to get comfortable for a backside kicking. Slim, this may be off topic, but IMO the best thing to happen to TC football in 20 years was when Westmoreland got bumped to 2A. I know you won't agree, but it sure made your region competition alot easier /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

TC would have NO PROBLEM putting the Eagles back on our schedule if YA'LL don't mind playing down(ask Coach K). We beat you from 96-02 and Coach K didn't want no more from a 1a school.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Just ask those York players that will not be playing this week. I'm sure they will tell you why Westmoreland is more physical. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanks for the help Posty. Ask westmoreland who is physical!!!!!!!!!!

Elway and Tony want to know if you liked the second half drives. They said they practiced those in the indoor the last two weeks. Thanks for showing your jealousy of the SC program!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanks for the help Posty. Ask westmoreland who is physical!!!!!!!!!!

Elway and Tony want to know if you liked the second half drives. They said they practiced those in the indoor the last two weeks. Thanks for showing your jealousy of the SC program!

Did that feel good tonite scpride? I'm happy for you guys.

To be honest, I kind of expected this. We thought we had nothing much to play for. Our crowd was flat as a board the entire game. I think even the SC fans would admit that. The D-line dominated SC in the first half and then got a little lax looked to me like. All and All if you played this game 10 times the outcome could come out different each time they played.

To be honest, I remember you saying something about dominating the region. Nope. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Westmoreland does have some very good players up front on D, but the Owls decided it was time for them to make the plays instead of having them made on them.

Great Job Owls!!!!!!!!

Guest Termite

1st Great ball game to watch. Westmoreland has a very good team, as usual. Good luck the rest of the way guys.

2nd SC played great defense tonight. They came out in the 2nd haf and took control. Westy had a couple of chances to put it away on the long pass deep and the muffed punt. The offense made some big plays at the right time.

Now......for the rest of the story. Naaa......I'll wait a little bit. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />