Centennial vs. Ravenwood

ambiguousrock

wow gotta love how centennial is stepping up and playing in the big games.

should be a realllly interesting match up against franklin.

but first things first. get healthy in the bye week and take care of columbia

6-2 is a beautiful record to be sitting at right now

they have tie breakers held over ravenwood, clarksville, and indy all of which can still finish 6-4 by luck leaving the only other possible 6-4 finisher being columbia left to take centennial's 3rd spot from them

but i think if i have calculated correctly Centennial might just have locked up a playoff birth

Brentwood 4-1 7-1

Centennial 4-1 6-2

Franklin 3-1 6-1

Ravenwood 2-2 3-4

Clarksville NE 1-3 3-4

Columbia 1-3 3-4

Dickson Co. 1-3 1-6

Independence 1-3 3-4

dickson county eliminated and cnetennial winning over indy, ravenwood, and NE leaves columbia franklin and brentwood as the only teams centennial has either not played or lost to

yup

Centennial just locked up a playoff birth unless there is something that I'm unaware of in determining playoff births from regions, which there probably is but if we go by record and tiebreakers centennial is sittin pretty in the playoffs I THINK.

Technically not yet. If Columbia wins out and we drop our last 2 then they'd have the advantage with the 4-3 record and the tiebreak.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hats off to the Cougars, they are amazingly fast. If the defense improves, they have a shot to go deep into the playoffs, but if not it will be their undoing. They will not be able to just ourun/outscore everybody. Had Cenntennial not agreed to move the BHS game originally scheduled for week 8 to week zero before they got the O together, I believe they would have beaten BHS. Would love to see a rematch in the playoffs. As for RHS, it helps that Indy lost but they have to run the table which looks very dificult the way IHS, NE, and DC are playing and with RHS' very inconsistent play and... continued personal fouls which kill drives and games!

One more note; Chaz Scales picked up 4 more touchdowns last night, increasing his total to 21 on the season. This breaks the Centennial record of 17 set in 2004 by current Memphis starting RB Curtis Stelle. A great achievement for Chaz.

Here are the stats from last night:

CENTENNIAL 44, RAVENWOOD 28

CHS 13-7-16-8 44

RHS 7-7-7-7 28

Scoring Summary

1st Quarter

RHS-Rowland 2 yrd run (Wurster Kick)

CHS-Kemp 6 yrd Run (Pass Failed)

CHS-Jackson 43 yrd Run (Bass Kick)

2nd Quarter

RHS-Jordan fumble recovery in Endzone (Wurster Kick)

CHS-Scales 56 yrd Run (Bass Kick)

3rd Quarter

CHS-Scales 22 yrd Run (Run Failed)

CHS-Kelly 25 yrd Pass from Scales (Bass Kick)

RHS-Ricke 29 yrd Run (Wurster Kick)

CHS-Bass 26 yrd FG

4th Quarter

RHS-Bayless 42 yrd Pass from Williams (Wurster Kick)

CHS-Scales 19 yrd Run (Brothers Pass from Kemp)

Individual Stats

Passing

CHS-Scales: 9-13-143 TD

RHS-Williams: 12-31-200 TD 2INT

Rushing

CHS-Kemp 12-97 TD, Scales 11-94 3TD, Jackson 7-70 TD

RHS-Ricke 16-76 TD, Rowland 12-84 TD, Sierra 7-68, Williams 13-38, Fitzpatrick 1-(-15)

Receiving

CHS-Kelly 4-77 TD, Carpenter 1-48, Estrada 2-25, Jackson 1-(-1), Leach 1-(-6)

RHS-Fitzpatrick 5-63, Johnson 3-52, Bayless 1-42 TD, Sierra 1-16, McPherson 1-14, Vicary 1-13

Knock Knock anybody home Ravenwood????

My goodness...losing to Centennial High School?? (the taint of Williamson County)

Losing to Franklin 27-0 was bad....

But this is even a new low for Ravenwood High School

I heard alot of talk about Ravenwood making a Big turn around

after getting stomped by Franklin...Well im still waiting/hoping for this

come back...cause franklin would like nothing better than to play Ravenwood in the

Playoffs.....Franklin would like a "tune up Game" to get them ready for some of the real

compotiton.

Knock Knock anybody home Ravenwood????

My goodness...losing to Centennial High School?? (the taint of Williamson County)

Losing to Franklin 27-0 was bad....

But this is even a new low for Ravenwood High School

I heard alot of talk about Ravenwood making a Big turn around

after getting stomped by Franklin...Well im still waiting/hoping for this

come back...cause franklin would like nothing better than to play Ravenwood in the

Playoffs.....Franklin would like a "tune up Game" to get them ready for some of the real

compotiton.

Wow, cocky talk from someone who just got spanked by Brentwood. Be careful who you're calling the taint until you have played them. They may just make YOU stink like taint. The speed of the offense is great and this game may have 2 scores in the 50's as Centennial may have trouble with the Franklin O. There may be several 1-2 play scoring drives in this game from both sides.

Wow, cocky talk from someone who just got spanked by Brentwood. Be careful who you're calling the taint until you have played them. They may just make YOU stink like taint. The speed of the offense is great and this game may have 2 scores in the 50's as Centennial may have trouble with the Franklin O. There may be several 1-2 play scoring drives in this game from both sides.

EZ Pops......"who just got spanked by Brentwood" That game came down to the last minute of the game or less...I wouldnt say that was spanked...I still see franklin being the powerhouse, even with the loss to Brentwood.

Centennial and Franklin should be a good one as well.

Hats off to the Cougars, they are amazingly fast. If the defense improves, they have a shot to go deep into the playoffs, but if not it will be their undoing. They will not be able to just ourun/outscore everybody. Had Cenntennial not agreed to move the BHS game originally scheduled for week 8 to week zero before they got the O together, I believe they would have beaten BHS. Would love to see a rematch in the playoffs. As for RHS, it helps that Indy lost but they have to run the table which looks very dificult the way IHS, NE, and DC are playing and with RHS' very inconsistent play and... continued personal fouls which kill drives and games!

Not so fast my friend. Do you not think BHS has improved since week 1 also? Hopefully Centennial will hang around long enough in the playoffs so the Bruins can beat them twice this year. It's always such great fun.

Glad I could spark some talk. Was trying to tone Rebelman123 down alittle, the spank part was in jest. In viewing most of the teams in the region, IMO Franklin has the best talent overall, Brentwood is solid and disciplined, Centennial has Chaz and speed to burn but suspect D, and Ravenwood shown they can hang or beat the best of teams or lose badly depending on which team shows up. I'm a Raptor fan with a daughter still there, but have a niece at Franklin and another at Brentwood, so in the end I should have someone to root for come playoff time. Ya gotta love HS football.

Not so fast my friend. Do you not think BHS has improved since week 1 also? Hopefully Centennial will hang around long enough in the playoffs so the Bruins can beat them twice this year. It's always such great fun.

"Always such great fun" I hope we meet again in the playoffs too but you will not be happy with the outcome.