Centennial vs. Ravenwood

ambiguousrock

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, what a game.

This is the best team offensively that Centennial has ever had. The speed of Chaz, Tony and Raymon was incredible, and with Drew Kelly's size at WR, they can do it all. Big plays over and over again tonight.

Ravenwood hung in there, but they simply didn't have the defensive speed needed. The Cougars were breaking plays outside time after time.

This Centennial team has a real shot against Franklin this year, and if their defense can do what it did tonight, which was make the play when they HAD to, they can have a solid postseason!

6-2!

Wow, what a game.

This is the best team offensively that Centennial has ever had. The speed of Chaz, Tony and Raymon was incredible, and with Drew Kelly's size at WR, they can do it all. Big plays over and over again tonight.

Ravenwood hung in there, but they simply didn't have the defensive speed needed. The Cougars were breaking plays outside time after time.

This Centennial team has a real shot against Franklin this year, and if their defense can do what it did tonight, which was make the play when they HAD to, they can have a solid postseason!

6-2!

The long TD run by Chaz on the last play of the half was probably the key play of the game. I thought fatigue could be a factor for CHS in the second half but as they scored on every possesion, I guess not. Ravenwood played well but two of their scores, the fumble recovery in the end zone and the Hail Mary on 4th and 13, were pretty flukey. Rector's kick off gimmicks back fired all night and gave Centennial great field position time and again. The open date comes at a good time as some guys need to heal before taking on Columbia on the 24th.

Gameday: Here's how Centennial can win this game.

1: Balanced attack: Keep going with what got you here. Regardless of who they've played, Centennial has shown they have one of the most explosive offenses in the region. Keep giving it to Tony and Raymond (who should be back for this game) and then allow Chaz to open it up some some draws and passes.

2: Strong secondary play- Centennial boasts a very strong secondary, and they will get a big test against a balanced Ravenwood attack. With the run-defense still questionable, it is important that the secondary wins the battle through the air. Take away the pass, and that may help the defense key in on the run a little more.

3: No mistakes: In a big region game like this, the game is often decided by what team makes fewer mistakes. Play smart football; no bad passes, no fumbles, no stupid penalties. Its these kind of mistakes that can often shift momentum in a game.

Apparently its a "white-out" game at CHS, so hopefully the fans will be there in full force and stay loud the whole game. Remember, one game at a time, anything can happen at this time of year.

It was white out night. Painting the Powercat white instead of blue looked pretty neat.

The long TD run by Chaz on the last play of the half was probably the key play of the game. I thought fatigue could be a factor for CHS in the second half but as they scored on every possesion, I guess not. Ravenwood played well but two of their scores, the fumble recovery in the end zone and the Hail Mary on 4th and 13, were pretty flukey. Rector's kick off gimmicks back fired all night and gave Centennial great field position time and again. The open date comes at a good time as some guys need to heal before taking on Columbia on the 24th.

I absolutely agree.

Let me set up the end of the first half for everyone:

Ravenwood drives down the field, and with about a minute left, throws an interception.

The very next play, Chaz fumbles the ball, and Ravenwood recovers it in the endzone, making it 14-13.

The VERY NEXT PLAY, Chaz returns a kickoff for a TD, making the halftime score 20-14. Simply epic.

I also agree that the multiple gag kicks gave the Cougars amazing field position, which they capitalized on every time.

wow gotta love how centennial is stepping up and playing in the big games.

should be a realllly interesting match up against franklin.

but first things first. get healthy in the bye week and take care of columbia

6-2 is a beautiful record to be sitting at right now

they have tie breakers held over ravenwood, clarksville, and indy all of which can still finish 6-4 by luck leaving the only other possible 6-4 finisher being columbia left to take centennial's 3rd spot from them

but i think if i have calculated correctly Centennial might just have locked up a playoff birth

Brentwood 4-1 7-1

Centennial 4-1 6-2

Franklin 3-1 6-1

Ravenwood 2-2 3-4

Clarksville NE 1-3 3-4

Columbia 1-3 3-4

Dickson Co. 1-3 1-6

Independence 1-3 3-4

dickson county eliminated and cnetennial winning over indy, ravenwood, and NE leaves columbia franklin and brentwood as the only teams centennial has either not played or lost to

yup

Centennial just locked up a playoff birth unless there is something that I'm unaware of in determining playoff births from regions, which there probably is but if we go by record and tiebreakers centennial is sittin pretty in the playoffs I THINK.