Centennial vs. Ravenwood

ambiguousrock

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I see it, providing games shake out as expected, (no disrespect to any of the teams), Brentwood would be 1st with 5-1 region record, Franklin 2 with 5-1 record but loss v BHS, so if Ravenwood beats Centennial, they would be 3 with 5-1 record but lose tiebreakers due to 2 nonregion losses, and Centennial 4. If Centennial wins they would be 3 and Ravenwood 4. Anyway, this should be an interesting game with no way to predict as both teams have looked good some weeks and bad the next.

centennial is basically looking at one win of the three and they should make playoffs

and i agree with 71Pops about one week both teams look good the next they look bad

last week Centennial wins 41-0 and Ravenwood loses to a very very good MBA team 24-21

this week Centennial wins 44-41 over DC and Ravenwood wins 28-23 over Columbia

should be a very interesting game

Centennial ran for 420+ yards against DC and Tony had over 200 by himself with two TDs

I know the Indy Nation is hoping for a Centennial win. Still hard to bet against a Rector coached team. Good luck Cougars.

That might even be an understatement. If both teams play to their capabilities I see them being evenly matched. However the coaching edge goes to Rector. So with that said look for Scales and company to give Ravenwood all they can handle, but Rector's unit will escape with a victory:

28-24

Definitely the most intriguing matchup in 6-5A this week. CHS has their longest winning streak in school-history with 5 wins, but really haven't played a top-tier team since Siegel, and a bad-defensive performance last week has raised some concern to a team that had back-to-back shutouts. Ravenwood has a lot of young talent, but they have played inconsistently at times this year.

Ravenwood Raptors (3-3, 2-1) vs. Centennial Cougars (5-2, 3-1)

Offense:

Pts Scored: CHS-200, RHS-95

Total Offense: CHS-310.4, RHS-262.7

Rushing Offense: CHS-213.6, RHS-130.2

Passing Offense: CHS-96.9, RHS-132.5

Defense:

Pts Allowed: CHS-141, RHS-123

Total Defense: CHS-274.1, RHS-255.3

Rushing Defense: CHS-217.6, RHS-136.6

Passing Defense: CHS-55.1, RHS-120.3

Team Leaders:

Passing: CHS-Chaz Scales (40-71-673 9TD 5INT), RHS-Alex Williams (55-108-812 5TD 4INT)

Rushing: CHS-Chaz Scales (65-634 7TD), RHS-Tony Rowland (120-547 3TD)

Receiving: CHS-Tony Kemp (11-234 3TD), RHS-Ryan Fitzpatrick (22-388 3TD)

Obviously, Ravenwood has played a much tougher schedule than did Centennial, and there's a good chance that will help them in this game. However, it just seems like Centennial is learning how to win. Within Williamson Co., the Cougars have always been behind the curve (under Gregory), so hopefully they are turning the corner, finally.

Obviously, Ravenwood has played a much tougher schedule than did Centennial, and there's a good chance that will help them in this game. However, it just seems like Centennial is learning how to win. Within Williamson Co., the Cougars have always been behind the curve (under Gregory), so hopefully they are turning the corner, finally.

Ravenwood gets the coaching edge with Rector over everyone I've seen thus far. The ole saying "he can take his and beat yours or he can take yours and beat his" describes him perfectly.

dont count out matykiewicz though

figure this

he came into centennial and took a 1-9 team to 4-6 and now in his second year starring the playoffs in the face

he has his cougars playing inspired football

dont get me wrong

i think rector is a great coach

but i think that matykiewicz shouldnt be counted out in the coaching discussion

to the game:

i really like the way that the cougars are playing right now

down 21-0 to DC and come back and win it 44-41 says a lot about their ability to get focused and go to work

ravenwood too made a rally but that was more on the mistake of columbia fumbling the punt that set up the go ahead touchdown.

its at home for centennial riding a 5 game winning streak and in the process they have been figuring out how to win games that most consider them to be the underdog (Indy,Siegel) and i guess people once again consider centennial the underdog against ravenwood

that makes this team dangerous

Centennial 28

Ravenwood 21

game wont be won by more than ten points

additionally centennial has done well against the pass this year

ravenwood will have to establish the run game in order to pull out the win

Allowing only an average of 55 yards through the air is a big stat for the CHS D, especially when you look at some of the QBs they've faced this year. One thing I've noticed about the CHS secondary is they rarely seem to get beat deep. The speed of guys the DBs makes it incredibly difficult for opposing wideouts to get separation. The most effective passes I've seen against the secondary have been timing routes and screens. Rector will have to keep that in mind, because 1 on 1 will not get it done against this secondary.