Jo Byrns @ Nashville Christian

Shep

Sorry about the website...I agree that it's not very good, I just don't have the time needed to make it what it should be. Like Vandy1 said, I only made it so we could say we had one. I said it before, I think this needs to be a school sponsored project. Maybe a journalism project?

Moto, thank you for what you do!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moto. Vandy wasn't complaining about the Ball Charts site he actually complimented it on having useful information. He was complaining about the site that the school operates. We all appreciate the job that you do on the Ball Charts site. We all lead hectic lives sometimes things have to be prioritized and I can see why the site has to slide occasionally. I bet the journalism teacher wouldn't mind making that a class project.

X 2....what she said! Cascade11, you'll get to hear our symphony of V8's in person soon enough. Maybe then you'll appreciate the fine arts!

X 2....what she said! Cascade11, you'll get to hear our symphony of V8's in person soon enough. Maybe then you'll appreciate the fine arts!

Maybe we'll have another gas shortage and those guzzlers will idle over to empty before kickoff..... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

The Devils travel to NC's Nest this week, hopefully not overlooking The Eagles by worrying about the revenge game against WHH on 10/17. The Eagles played The Pats close and The Devils almost handed a game to Eville via turnovers. I would love to see JB put together a complete, mistake free game in the home stretch to the playoffs. An NC win would be the highlight of their season. What's gonna happen?

Overlooking anybody shoulnt be a concern based on recent play of the red devils, turnovers & mistakes in the red zone is or should be a major concern, the devils seem to move the ball well but somehow make some critical miscues on substained drives, but these issues are very fixable and feel like the kids themselves know that, so with that being said a new attitude has to be sent to the guys " to finish " be sharp, be confident, be dominant like I know you can, & BEWARE the DEVILS are coming for you. DEFENCE ! you guys got it going on. GO RED DEVILS !!!!

Overlooking anybody shoulnt be a concern based on recent play of the red devils, turnovers & mistakes in the red zone is or should be a major concern, the devils seem to move the ball well but somehow make some critical miscues on substained drives, but these issues are very fixable and feel like the kids themselves know that, so with that being said a new attitude has to be sent to the guys " to finish " be sharp, be confident, be dominant like I know you can, & BEWARE the DEVILS are coming for you. DEFENCE ! you guys got it going on. GO RED DEVILS !!!!

That's right. All dem mistakes gonna cost ya next week! Pats gonna drop that hammer on the undefeated season 2nd time in a row!

Moto. Vandy wasn't complaining about the Ball Charts site he actually complimented it on having useful information. He was complaining about the site that the school operates. We all appreciate the job that you do on the Ball Charts site. We all lead hectic lives sometimes things have to be prioritized and I can see why the site has to slide occasionally. I bet the journalism teacher wouldn't mind making that a class project.

I was not complaining about the Ball Charts site at all. I was intended to throw a few jabs toward schools who do not see the importance of having a quality site. Nashville Christian and David Lipscomb is included in that line of thought. It takes the fans to make a site worth having. Thats why we call it The Eagle Football Fan Page. That is why I call the Lipscomb's site the Mustangfanpage. That is why "DaCatfish" calls the Cheatham County site...The Fan Page. That is what they are...for the fans and those looking for information about their team. While the Nashville Christian Site and the Mustangfanpage doesn't have all the bells and whistles it does have the content of information. Personally, I like reading about the history of the programs, the notable players and teams and records. The schools should spend more time and effort with the institution sites. You know you won't get anything worthwhile if you see a PDF file that just notes schedule and a roster on the football page. I've seen some school sites who never update their site during the school year. I commend whoever is the webmaster for the site, Moto(?) for taking the time and effort in putting something up on the Red Devil program. I would suggest others who are looking to build a site or to get some ideas on what should be included on a site to visit and spend some time on The Mustangfanpage. Also thanks to Cascade's and the new and building Forest Sites as well.

Sorry I misinterpreted the comments about the website...I feel bad that I haven't updated it. I get a lot of enjoyment out of watching the Devils and I think it's the least I could do for them. I know none of the guys are required to play football and most of them work really hard at it. I feel like the website is one way to give them their deserved recognition but I haven't been able to do that lately.

Sorry I misinterpreted the comments about the website...I feel bad that I haven't updated it. I get a lot of enjoyment out of watching the Devils and I think it's the least I could do for them. I know none of the guys are required to play football and most of them work really hard at it. I feel like the website is one way to give them their deserved recognition but I haven't been able to do that lately.

You have put in a lot more effort than the school has for their own team. Its a shame that the school does not promote their students and athletes and more importantly..the school itself. Perhaps the Robertson County School Board should take more pride in its member schools and athletic programs. I would think that the Coach would push the school or provide you more information on a team that is undefeated and headed to the playoffs more than likely once again. What if they made it to the Blue Cross Bowl and people and media from all the state was looking for information about the school, the team, and the history of the program....the school site is a big zero (and most school sites are in the same boat as well) Wake up Schools and join the new information age. Wonder what year their textbooks were printed in?

I agree! This team has shown all the signs of being able to dominate but it hasn't happened yet. I think all Devil fans will agree that this team has yet to peak. On one hand that's a good thing...6-0 and yet to peak. On the other hand, it's week seven and we've yet to peak. If we don't put it all together soon, I think you've got to start asking whether or not we're capable of playing at a top level. The good thing is that I don't think we have a talent issue, attitude issue, or effort issue. Turnovers are the biggest problem...the turnovers have played a big part in the offense's confidence. You can tell that the new guys on offense want "IT" so bad and when they turn the ball over they feel like they've let the team and their selves down. It's hard to come back and play with the needed confidence after you start feeling like that. I think the best thing going for the offense is that our defense could care less after we turn the ball over. It's as if they take pride in getting the team out of a jam. With that said, I think if you take away the turnovers everything else will start falling into place.

I think Moto's done a great job with the site except for that LOUD racket on the home page... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

This From A Person Outside looking In.... What Moto Does And What Horsehead Does For Thier Respective Teams Is Simply Amazing. And The Fact That It's Done For Free. They Could Be Spending Thier Time With Thier Families. Moto, I Understand Has Small Children. And Cascade Being A Dislectic Retard And All. People Easily Take Things For Granted. And It's Done For The Fans And Players And People Like Me Who Want Info On Your Teams. So This Buds For You Two, You Computer Page Updating Geeks.....Where Would Us ArmChair Coaches Be Without The Timeless Pain Of You Two....

This From A Person Outside looking In.... What Moto Does And What Horsehead Does For Thier Respective Teams Is Simply Amazing. And The Fact That It's Done For Free. They Could Be Spending Thier Time With Thier Families. Moto, I Understand Has Small Children. And Cascade Being A Dislectic Retard And All. People Easily Take Things For Granted. And It's Done For The Fans And Players And People Like Me Who Want Info On Your Teams. So This Buds For You Two, You Computer Page Updating Geeks.....Where Would Us ArmChair Coaches Be Without The Timeless Pain Of You Two....

I'll have to take Miller or Michelob, Butchie.......Bud gives me a headache. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Thanks for the kind words all the same. It is a labor of love.. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />