Sullivan South @ Sullivan East

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will be a South win but it wont be handed to us by no means. Easts miscues made the North score look alot worse than it actually was so I expect them to give us a fight in the first half anyway and keep it somewhat close but after halftime adjustments I think the Big"O" will roll heavily. Kudos to our defense for making a stop on the opponents first drive this week. Ithink it was the first initial drive stop of the season, South put up 7 first then cruised away w/ most of the starters sitting at the half.

South 49 East 14

Easts miscues made the North score look alot worse than it actually was...

I take it you weren't at the game. North dominated the game for 45 minutes of the 48 minute game. If you read the article, East couldn't do much of anything on offense all night, save the deep pass down the home sideline early in the first quarter. East deserves no credit, their wins come against opponents with a combined 2-16 record. Gaby is a good quarterback on a bad team. In their Mountain Lakes loses they have been outscored, 80-21. If the Rebel defense comes out and hits East in the mouth, ball game. South will control this game, East simply cannot stop the run, neither will they be able to stop the Rebel passing attack. The truth is in the cards, and the cards don't look good for East. South wins big at the Patriot Pasture.

I apologize for offending anyone, but the reality of this years East team should be apparent.

I take it you weren't at the game. North dominated the game for 45 minutes of the 48 minute game. If you read the article, East couldn't do much of anything on offense all night, save the deep pass down the home sideline early in the first quarter. East deserves no credit, their wins come against opponents with a combined 2-16 record. Gaby is a good quarterback on a bad team. In their Mountain Lakes loses they have been outscored, 80-21. If the Rebel defense comes out and hits East in the mouth, ball game. South will control this game, East simply cannot stop the run, neither will they be able to stop the Rebel passing attack. The truth is in the cards, and the cards don't look good for East. South wins big at the Patriot Pasture.

I apologize for offending anyone, but the reality of this years East team should be apparent.

I don't disagree with anything you guys are saying and not to try and find something to pump East up with but I did see the Bristol City/Bristol County game and East was rather impressive. Now that hinges on what you think of the Vikings. However, I believe the Jamboree was a spot-on preview of the true ability of our conference this year and it is being played out as it were. I think, for community reasons, it needs to be reiterated that only 5 short years ago the South program was in shambles...and had been for some time. We always had the athletes. And I believe the other schools have the athletes also. But winning and all of its tradition is nothing more than good coaching. Shawn Whitten is proving this currently. Not hacking on anybodies coaches but just trying to say that East has some athletes.

Just wondering has South had to play its 1st team in the 2nd half this year?

Yes. They played the whole game against Science Hill. They came out towards the end of the 3rd quarter against Greenville. And against Central they played one posesson in the 3rd quarter (we recieved the kickoff to open the second half) and drove the field to bump Taylor Fletchers yardage over 100 yards because in the first half he had very few carries. Otherwise, they haven't played after the half.

I don't disagree with anything you guys are saying and not to try and find something to pump East up with but I did see the Bristol City/Bristol County game and East was rather impressive. Now that hinges on what you think of the Vikings. However, I believe the Jamboree was a spot-on preview of the true ability of our conference this year and it is being played out as it were. I think, for community reasons, it needs to be reiterated that only 5 short years ago the South program was in shambles...and had been for some time. We always had the athletes. And I believe the other schools have the athletes also. But winning and all of its tradition is nothing more than good coaching. Shawn Whitten is proving this currently. Not hacking on anybodies coaches but just trying to say that East has some athletes.

I will agree, East does have some athletes. East, however, does not have a line (offensively or defensively).