Sullivan South @ Sullivan East

Taylor Fletcher is amazing and has had Bobby's back during his time away from the team. Fletch should play where he wants to play even if that means Bobby standing on the sidelines. Fletch has earned his stripes and could command control anywhere on the field.

Bobeye & Taylor will be a team of the first degree. They both block excellant, they both catch excellant and the rest is a natural for both. Double stuff! It was already exciting...now it will be devastating. Great potential coming on.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest footballfan100

what about wesley williams (i think that is his name) and the other boys who have practiced and put in their time? Is it fair to them to just let people come in and pick right back up where they left off? From what i hear bobby taylor is a good boy and you guys are prob better off to who have him back---

what about wesley williams (i think that is his name) and the other boys who have practiced and put in their time? Is it fair to them to just let people come in and pick right back up where they left off? From what i hear bobby taylor is a good boy and you guys are prob better off to who have him back---

That's Stacy's decision. Bobby has had a tough time and it seems that he has it together now. If the coaches feel like he needs to be in there, then he will be in there. Personally, I think that's the best thing for BT and the team as a whole now. Everyone was pulling for him and they still are.

I think it is safe to say that the '09 Rebels are packed. Especially at the RB position. You ask, is it fair to let Bobeye step right back in? I think we have a slew of good RB's currently. Senior Brad Ervin is very productive in my view. Harlan Jones would have been by now also. But the Juniors and Sophs are tremendous. Wesley, Clint, maybe even Ty, Hubbard, Castle, Shipley, Shanks there's more I just can't remember them...but my point is that even though they are good traditional backs none of them are ready for the Spread. Bobeye is. Traditional RB mentality gets thrown out the window when running this offense. The RB must read the D just like the QB and he must decide where his best lane will be...irregardless of where the play is going. On top of that it takes a very intuitive runner to "get It" in this offense. He must feel the daylight before the dawn ever occurs. Otherwise the window of opportunity is gone. Do you think he sees all these holes and cutbacks? Some of this stuff takes a couple of years to acclimate to. Some get it some don't. Some have it some don't. It's easy in a Viking type power offense. You run the hole and that's it. If it ain't open and you ain't strong enough to muscle through it then you are dead in the water. Our offense is different. It's finesse. Even for the RB. His success is off miscues, misdirection, speed, quickness, and thinking out of the box. Not a convential set of paramaters. Yes, Taylor is the master of it but you will see that Bobeye is not far behind...if at all. In my opinion...and I'm not trying to step on any toes because I watched them all play in middle school, the strongest RB's after the half are Brad Ervin, Brent (sp) Hubbard and of course Wesley. But none of them understand the cutback and it's purpose and it's potential for success. And none of them run with their eyes closed. Bobeye and Taylor run blindfolded. It is a 6th sense. The others will master it in time. And that's just it...patience is what it takes. So relax, because when they are ready Stacy will know and he will act accordingly. I was very impatient so I know how everyone feels. But the bottom line is...it get's better...and when it does it will be so evident that no one can deny. Then you will say, "All the hard work, riding the pine, and the waiting...well it was worth it. Tell them to watch the videos and read the books of the greats like Walter Peyton, Barry Sanders, Herchel Walker etc. Just to see them make those moves they make over and over. It's good teaching. They are all part of a special team here and can never give up. Because just around the corner is their opportunity.

You can't imagine how good it will be to see the Blue #2 on the field this year! Thanks for everyone's prayers & support. We are blessed...

Go Rebs

Hey Mom! You may not remember me, I coached Bobby about 4 years ago in babe ruth, I will never forget that smile Bobby brought to every game and practice, he always worked hard, and played all out no matter what. Some coaches only get to dream about coaching kids with heart, dedication,and talent that Bobby has, he will always be one of my favorite kids that I will ever be fortunate to coach. You and your husband have done a wonderful job with Bobby, not all parents love thier kids enough to make them be accoutable, you have my utmost respect! Glad to hear he will be back on the gridiron!

All my prayers and best of wishes go to Bobby and his family!

Good luck to all the Rebels! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Rebel Nation!

Trying not to look past this game but as a fan, I can't wait until next week comes around so we can begin to play stronger competition. All I here is how South has run up the scores on inferior competition when we sit our starters for at least half the game. Time to head to the patriot pasture and get accustomed to the nice cool breeze this time of year brings. South 49 East 7

Trying not to look past this game but as a fan, I can't wait until next week comes around so we can begin to play stronger competition. All I here is how South has run up the scores on inferior competition when we sit our starters for at least half the game. Time to head to the patriot pasture and get accustomed to the nice cool breeze this time of year brings. South 49 East 7

I expect the best effort East can muster. Their MLB is a hoss. And Preston is an animal. We can discount no one. That is how you come tumbling down. I feel they are ready I just hope the mental attitude is present with the Rebels. The pressure of playing your best game every Friday is a daunting task but one we must master. Good Luck and a safe game for both sides.

Of course! Thanks for the support- loving your kid is hard most of the time and fun some of the time- and if you do the hard part the fun part comes more often. Bobby does have heart- and now such a testimony & story. We appreciate how much you and the entire community have done for Bobby--- truly, it takes a villiage to raise a child. We are blessed with a villiage of wise, forgiving, loving, believing folks who think the best of all kids even on their worst day.

Bobby is growing stronger everyday. As parents, we know his fall is just a mistake away- but all we can do is encourage, pray, pray and then pray. It's nice to know that while I'm busy teaching 3rd graders and raising my 4 other kids that the villiage of friends is holding Bobby accountable everyday- that's the blessing.

Whether Bobby sees a down this year or not- or deserves one- who cares? He's a winner in our book for enduring the rath of hardcare parenting- a returning with the sweet smile and silly dimpled grin.

Go REBS- all of them!

Go REB parents- the hardest job in the world.

See you at East

Much love & gratitude

Proud mom of #2

The BobbyMama