Sullivan South @ Sullivan East

If I may ask....What happened to this Bobby kid??

If it's not my place, then I sincerely apologize. Only curiosity.

My husband and I posted our letter to friends and family earlier. I have pasted the email from August 18 about our situation with Bobby. We hope this will somehow help a child or a parent, thus our honesty throughout it all. My email is TaylorD@JCSchools.org if you should have more questions or concerns that our experience might help you with.

For those of you that don??™t know, or know a little, or don??™t know any at all-??¦.

Greg and I suspected Bobby of drug use last week. I pulled him off the practice field on Tuesday and confirmed our suspicions with a drug test on Wednesday morning. The police or school is not involved in any way- this is completely a parental action. We took Bobby to a great adolescent facility in Chattanooga. It is a 45 day minimum program. It was the hardest thing ever to leave him there, but also the best.

Best care scenario is that he works hard for the next 45 days and he??™ll return to South and back to the football team. His absence from school is treated as a hospitalization and he has a homebound teacher at the facility. South is doing a great job helping us through the process. Coach Carter is amazing and is paving a road for a successful return, should Bobby chose to take it.

Our family is still fried from the trauma and required, immediate parenting decisions. We are both still at work and trying to keep things at home running a usual.

For now, Bobby can send and receive mail, so we are doing our part to write each day and support his efforts and encourage him to take this opportunity to get back on track. If you would like to send him a note, I??™m sure it would be magical for him to hear from you. If you would like to send him an email, you can write & send it to my address and I??™ll print and send it to him with my daily notes. The football team and his friend at school are sending him notes of encouragement each day through envelopes that I have supplied for the coach. (It is checked for substance & any inappropriate discussions.) His address is below if you would like to drop him a note.

Thanks for all your love & support. This is not a secret and we don??™t want it to be treated as rumor. If anyone asks, please tell them the truth about Bobby. We want Bobby to come back to the truth and have to deal with it. Please let others know about Bobby??™s story and perhaps it might inspire them to talk to their kids when they think ???That could never happen to MY child.??? It happened to my child- and we talked to him about it every day- and we saved him from the dregs of a life like that when we adopted him- and he still made the stupid choices. But that doesn??™t mean we??™ll give up talking, loving, and trying to help him and all the other sweet kids we??™ve got under our roof. I??™m proud that Greg and I were not afraid to make the hard decisions and were able to tough love. That??™s the real test of parenting. It was great when we were in the stands yelling when Bobby scored, but we have to be the same parents when he??™s making bad choices. Same level of love- different ball game. Thanks for your prayers and drop Bobby a note if you want.

Much love,

Deena & Greg

Since this letter, Bobby is out of rehab. He has passed all drug tests given to him by doctos and by us. We tend to do them every few days. The standards we set for Bobby to play on the team again were: attend 3 or more NA/AA meetings a week, have all school work made up to a B or more average, attend school every day with no tardies, continual clean random drug tests, and see his counselor once a week; he did meet all the standards set forth and we let him begin practicing with the team (he began only practicing on the track when the team practiced), then we let him dress out for Friday's game- but he was not allowed to play; that bring us to tonight- if he met all the goals for the week, he could play at East tonight IF Stacy sees fit to use him. All these goals were set by my husband and I- not the coaches; however, the South coaching staff has given us 100% support on our phasing in decisions. Don't think we know what we are doing as parents- we are just shooting from the hip and praying about it. We have had some fantastic Christian professional counselors to guide us along the way, but we have made final goals and decisions. Please do not attempt to read this as any sort of guidebook or advice- we still have no idea of the outcome--- we only know that today, this hour, Bobby is well. We are blessed by the moments and give thanks for each that come peacefully.

Hope this answers any questions-

Much Rebel Love,

B Taylor Proud Mama

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MomTaylor??¦with all due respect you do know that at some point you are going to have to trust him again and cut back on some of the restrictions or you will eventually drive him away. And before you guys jump all over me I'm just sayin??¦.I know the kid knows he messed up, and it sounds like he has done everything you have asked in an attempt to make up for what he has put you through. But you have to think that part of his intentions at this point are to earn the trust of the people that he cares about the most. Getting back on the team is a start although I have to say from the outside looking in??¦HE EARNED IT! But he has to know that his actions are not going unnoticed. Something as simple as calling him in for his test and telling him that you are giving him a pass this time because you TRUST him. Just a suggestion??¦forgive me if you feel that this is an intrusion??¦I??™m just tryin to help the brotha out. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

MomTaylor??¦with all due respect you do know that at some point you are going to have to trust him again and cut back on some of the restrictions or you will eventually drive him away. And before you guys jump all over me I'm just sayin??¦.I know the kid knows he messed up, and it sounds like he has done everything you have asked in an attempt to make up for what he has put you through. But you have to think that part of his intentions at this point are to earn the trust of the people that he cares about the most. Getting back on the team is a start although I have to say from the outside looking in??¦HE EARNED IT! But he has to know that his actions are not going unnoticed. Something as simple as calling him in for his test and telling him that you are giving him a pass this time because you TRUST him. Just a suggestion??¦forgive me if you feel that this is an intrusion??¦I??™m just tryin to help the brotha out. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Congats. to the rebs on another win last nite.Saw Bobby on the highlites,looked good ater the lay off.

Cap that's some good advice u gave Mom Taylor.Kids well they are kids,we do our best as parents.

Best of luck to the Rebel Nation. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I have but one thing to say. To all TSSAA referees who might possibly be requisitioned to call a future Sullivan South football game this year I ask one favor. In all due respect to your profession we as fans attempt to follow your field decisions without recourse. And sometimes we get hot headed. And sometimes you deserve it and sometimes not. It is not a perfect world and so for those of you unaware please pay attention. When officiating a Sullivan South game please make note that RB Taylor Fletcher's forward progress is not stopped until he stops moving forward. Last nights game and the potential (money) TD he would have made had you not blown the whistle (whilist his forward movement still churning) was irrelevant to the outcome. HOWEVER, please note that breaking loose from a pile is one of his forte's and a game will occur when this will turn out to be a game deciding factor. Those is attendance will agree in unison.

On a side note; After the whistle the ref in question asked where is the ball which prompted Mr. Road Grader aka Hunter Beedle to respond..."It's in the friggin' end zone!"

All chastising aside, I'm sure there are meetings before the games to discuss the pertinent proprietary circumstances that exist in each game. With each game being a unique situation there has to be understandings of certain athletes "grey areas" and the consequenses thereof. With such discretionary responsibility it truly is in the hands of the referees. For the most part it's all good. And everyone knows they have a thankless job however I feel awareness of certain key factors can only help the refs in controversial situations. As I said, the TD was irrelevant last night...but the circumstances by which it occured will be reproduced again and again. And sooner or LATER it will be a crucial (game deciding) decision. Rebel Nation

I have but one thing to say. To all TSSAA referees who might possibly be requisitioned to call a future Sullivan South football game this year I ask one favor. In all due respect to your profession we as fans attempt to follow your field decisions without recourse. And sometimes we get hot headed. And sometimes you deserve it and sometimes not. It is not a perfect world and so for those of you unaware please pay attention. When officiating a Sullivan South game please make note that RB Taylor Fletcher's forward progress is not stopped until he stops moving forward. Last nights game and the potential (money) TD he would have made had you not blown the whistle (whilist his forward movement still churning) was irrelevant to the outcome. HOWEVER, please note that breaking loose from a pile is one of his forte's and a game will occur when this will turn out to be a game deciding factor. Those is attendance will agree in unison.

On a side note; After the whistle the ref in question asked where is the ball which prompted Mr. Road Grader aka Hunter Beedle to respond..."It's in the friggin' end zone!"

All chastising aside, I'm sure there are meetings before the games to discuss the pertinent proprietary circumstances that exist in each game. With each game being a unique situation there has to be understandings of certain athletes "grey areas" and the consequenses thereof. With such discretionary responsibility it truly is in the hands of the referees. For the most part it's all good. And everyone knows they have a thankless job however I feel awareness of certain key factors can only help the refs in controversial situations. As I said, the TD was irrelevant last night...but the circumstances by which it occured will be reproduced again and again. And sooner or LATER it will be a crucial (game deciding) decision. Rebel Nation

Great post Comp.Half of the time they don't( officials) know who even has the ball,as evident in an (inadverdent whistle) blown by a official. If u guys haven't had the 5-6 man officiating crew get ready for a comical called game. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Great post Comp.Half of the time they don't( officials) know who even has the ball,as evident in an (inadverdent whistle) blown by a official. If u guys haven't had the 5-6 man officiating crew get ready for a comical called game. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Are you speaking of the Jeff County game? Is that the game where somebody got called down and didn't have the ball meanwhile the ball was actually in the endzone? And all the while the "Boss Man" was in the pressbox? Incredible! So if you know anything about how they manage the games tell me that they put their best crews on the so-called crucial games and allow the new boys (or the old farts) to officicate the blowouts.

Are you speaking of the Jeff County game? Is that the game where somebody got called down and didn't have the ball meanwhile the ball was actually in the endzone? And all the while the "Boss Man" was in the pressbox? Incredible! So if you know anything about how they manage the games tell me that they put their best crews on the so-called crucial games and allow the new boys (or the old farts) to officicate the blowouts.

Yea that was the game. I don't have a clue where they get these guys.I don't want thier jobs but man some of them are terrible.Look at the Campbell Co. Bearden thread,they are saying it was the worst officiated game they had seen. Sound familar? The boss man Jim Cradic should have retired years ago imo.Officials are killing the game.When u got 5-6 it is even worse.Mike Gonce from Indian Springs is agood official.

Yea that was the game. I don't have a clue where they get these guys.I don't want thier jobs but man some of them are terrible.Look at the Campbell Co. Bearden thread,they are saying it was the worst officiated game they had seen. Sound familar? The boss man Jim Cradic should have retired years ago imo.Officials are killing the game.When u got 5-6 it is even worse.Mike Gonce from Indian Springs is agood official.

In DB's game last night, when Sevier county fumbled near the endzone, the DB player was standing NEXT TO THE PILE with the ball in his hand while the so called refs were digging in the pile yelling "white ball, white ball". Someone tapped the ref on the shoulder and said, "he has the ball over there". If he had still been in the pile, they would have given the ball to Sevier County

If I may ask....What happened to this Bobby kid??

If it's not my place, then I sincerely apologize. Only curiosity.

My husband and I posted our letter to friends and family earlier. I have pasted the email from August 18 about our situation with Bobby. We hope this will somehow help a child or a parent, thus our honesty throughout it all. My email is TaylorD@JCSchools.org if you should have more questions or concerns that our experience might help you with.

For those of you that don??™t know, or know a little, or don??™t know any at all-??¦.

Greg and I suspected Bobby of drug use last week. I pulled him off the practice field on Tuesday and confirmed our suspicions with a drug test on Wednesday morning. The police or school is not involved in any way- this is completely a parental action. We took Bobby to a great adolescent facility in Chattanooga. It is a 45 day minimum program. It was the hardest thing ever to leave him there, but also the best.

Best care scenario is that he works hard for the next 45 days and he??™ll return to South and back to the football team. His absence from school is treated as a hospitalization and he has a homebound teacher at the facility. South is doing a great job helping us through the process. Coach Carter is amazing and is paving a road for a successful return, should Bobby chose to take it.

Our family is still fried from the trauma and required, immediate parenting decisions. We are both still at work and trying to keep things at home running a usual.

For now, Bobby can send and receive mail, so we are doing our part to write each day and support his efforts and encourage him to take this opportunity to get back on track. If you would like to send him a note, I??™m sure it would be magical for him to hear from you. If you would like to send him an email, you can write & send it to my address and I??™ll print and send it to him with my daily notes. The football team and his friend at school are sending him notes of encouragement each day through envelopes that I have supplied for the coach. (It is checked for substance & any inappropriate discussions.) His address is below if you would like to drop him a note.

Thanks for all your love & support. This is not a secret and we don??™t want it to be treated as rumor. If anyone asks, please tell them the truth about Bobby. We want Bobby to come back to the truth and have to deal with it. Please let others know about Bobby??™s story and perhaps it might inspire them to talk to their kids when they think ???That could never happen to MY child.??? It happened to my child- and we talked to him about it every day- and we saved him from the dregs of a life like that when we adopted him- and he still made the stupid choices. But that doesn??™t mean we??™ll give up talking, loving, and trying to help him and all the other sweet kids we??™ve got under our roof. I??™m proud that Greg and I were not afraid to make the hard decisions and were able to tough love. That??™s the real test of parenting. It was great when we were in the stands yelling when Bobby scored, but we have to be the same parents when he??™s making bad choices. Same level of love- different ball game. Thanks for your prayers and drop Bobby a note if you want.

Much love,

Deena & Greg

Since this letter, Bobby is out of rehab. He has passed all drug tests given to him by doctos and by us. We tend to do them every few days. The standards we set for Bobby to play on the team again were: attend 3 or more NA/AA meetings a week, have all school work made up to a B or more average, attend school every day with no tardies, continual clean random drug tests, and see his counselor once a week; he did meet all the standards set forth and we let him begin practicing with the team (he began only practicing on the track when the team practiced), then we let him dress out for Friday's game- but he was not allowed to play; that bring us to tonight- if he met all the goals for the week, he could play at East tonight IF Stacy sees fit to use him. All these goals were set by my husband and I- not the coaches; however, the South coaching staff has given us 100% support on our phasing in decisions. Don't think we know what we are doing as parents- we are just shooting from the hip and praying about it. We have had some fantastic Christian professional counselors to guide us along the way, but we have made final goals and decisions. Please do not attempt to read this as any sort of guidebook or advice- we still have no idea of the outcome--- we only know that today, this hour, Bobby is well. We are blessed by the moments and give thanks for each that come peacefully.

Hope this answers any questions-

Much Rebel Love,

B Taylor Proud Mama

This is really a totally inappropriate post for this board.

A horrible job of parenting.

I think it is safe to say that the '09 Rebels are packed. Especially at the RB position. You ask, is it fair to let Bobeye step right back in? I think we have a slew of good RB's currently. Senior Brad Ervin is very productive in my view. Harlan Jones would have been by now also. But the Juniors and Sophs are tremendous. Wesley, Clint, maybe even Ty, Hubbard, Castle, Shipley, Shanks there's more I just can't remember them...but my point is that even though they are good traditional backs none of them are ready for the Spread. Bobeye is. Traditional RB mentality gets thrown out the window when running this offense. The RB must read the D just like the QB and he must decide where his best lane will be...irregardless of where the play is going. On top of that it takes a very intuitive runner to "get It" in this offense. He must feel the daylight before the dawn ever occurs. Otherwise the window of opportunity is gone. Do you think he sees all these holes and cutbacks? Some of this stuff takes a couple of years to acclimate to. Some get it some don't. Some have it some don't. It's easy in a Viking type power offense. You run the hole and that's it. If it ain't open and you ain't strong enough to muscle through it then you are dead in the water. Our offense is different. It's finesse. Even for the RB. His success is off miscues, misdirection, speed, quickness, and thinking out of the box. Not a convential set of paramaters. Yes, Taylor is the master of it but you will see that Bobeye is not far behind...if at all. In my opinion...and I'm not trying to step on any toes because I watched them all play in middle school, the strongest RB's after the half are Brad Ervin, Brent (sp) Hubbard and of course Wesley. But none of them understand the cutback and it's purpose and it's potential for success. And none of them run with their eyes closed. Bobeye and Taylor run blindfolded. It is a 6th sense. The others will master it in time. And that's just it...patience is what it takes. So relax, because when they are ready Stacy will know and he will act accordingly. I was very impatient so I know how everyone feels. But the bottom line is...it get's better...and when it does it will be so evident that no one can deny. Then you will say, "All the hard work, riding the pine, and the waiting...well it was worth it. Tell them to watch the videos and read the books of the greats like Walter Peyton, Barry Sanders, Herchel Walker etc. Just to see them make those moves they make over and over. It's good teaching. They are all part of a special team here and can never give up. Because just around the corner is their opportunity.

Very insightful information in the middle section of your post regarding the attributes of a successful spread attack running back. It is somewhat different from a traditional tailback.