Halls@Powell

PhatCat

If my memory is correct the home team has not won this game in the last 10 years. That be the best omen for the Devils. Now if we can continue to runit, throw some short passes a little bit an play some defense, we could win this game. Come to think of it, if we had done all three of those things, we could be 6-1 right now. Oh well, there is still some time left to get ready for the ride down Emery Road.

ok i have read most of your post and i am sick and tired of it. You are so negative.You need to sit back and support your team.IF YOU THINK YOU CAN DO A BETTER JOB AT OC THEN GO TALK TO Coach J HIS DOOR IS OPEN AND HIS PHONE IS AT HIS DESK.The coaches are there for the kids not you. if you dont like it get out

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

castrolman1,

Who messed with your cereal? Hey this is a website that people can get on here and post there opinion. If you don't like it, then don't read it. Not saying I can do a better job than the little fellar as OC, nor do I think I can do a better job than PHAT PHIL, but everybody in K-town is after his foot prolly you included. You have posted 3 times boy that makes you a bonefided guru on Halls football problems. As a former student, former player (till back injury) I feel I have a right to my opinion and you to yours.

If memory serves the only time the home team didn't win in this decade was Powell's 14 to 10 win at Halls in 2005. The home field has meant everything.

ZCAR - to answer a couple of your questions from earlier:

Powell team speed - good. Certainly better than it has been recently.

Big plays (50 yards or more) - I'm too lazy to go back over the entire season, but in the last couple of games: 4 against South-Doyle (1 run, 3 pass) and 1 against Anderson County (pass).

Powell turned the ball over some early in the year, but they have cut down on those in recent weeks.

Penalties - a few, but nothing one would consider "problematic", knocking on wood as I type.

All of that really means nothing, given the history of the series, and especially in this decade. The games are always close, always intense, and always entertaining. I don't think this year will be any different.

Thanks HTV, Always the most concise and accurate information on Panther Football. I must admit I've tuned you in a time or two on WRJZ. Coach Lowe has taken a young team and making them into a contender. I know your excited about the young guns (the Freshman class) as well.

I feel a little subdued with our program at the moment but I really like Coach J. and his enthusasim. It's hard to see my mighty Red Devils not winning as much this year. But each game has a new set of challenges that presents itself and I think we could do ourselves proud with a good result this Friday night. I hope overall it is a exciting game and no injuries will result. I'm still keeping the faith. I expect another close one.

Thanks HTV, Always the most concise and accurate information on Panther Football. I must admit I've tuned you in a time or two on WRJZ. Coach Lowe has taken a young team and making them into a contender. I know your excited about the young guns (the Freshman class) as well.

I feel a little subdued with our program at the moment but I really like Coach J. and his enthusasim. It's hard to see my mighty Red Devils not winning as much this year. But each game has a new set of challenges that presents itself and I think we could do ourselves proud with a good result this Friday night. I hope overall it is a exciting game and no injuries will result. I'm still keeping the faith. I expect another close one.

Speakin of freshmen, how's Halls frosh looking? It doesn't seem like we've heard much about them on the boards this year like the past few. On a different note, are we finally through with the sick bug? Is Taylor Babcock healed up yet and did Gresham get rid of that cast yet?

Speakin of freshmen, how's Halls frosh looking? It doesn't seem like we've heard much about them on the boards this year like the past few. On a different note, are we finally through with the sick bug? Is Taylor Babcock healed up yet and did Gresham get rid of that cast yet?

Our Freshman are looking good too. 6-1 record after seven I know it's just Freshman ball but still a excellent record and potential on the offense. I hope they are utilised to thier full potential on varsity in the upcomming years.

Ironman can fill you in on the sickness and injury bugs he has always the most up to date information.

Thanks. Glad to help. If you are at the game Friday please come up to the booth and introduce yourself.

- Babcock is back and looks to be in good shape, along with Gresham's cast being removed on Monday.

-However, neither will start. #7 (Snoderly) nailed down that job early in the season. Look to see Gresham and Babcock play some, but most of the sanps go to #7 and #2 (the same guys who have been there all year)

- #37 Bright has been healthy for some time now also. The only player not back with this team is Zabouski, but we knew he was out for the season.

- In summary, passing game is at full strenghth. No more excuses, but like I said, the main guys at WR have been playing for the whole year (Don't expect to see Babcock, Gresham, and Bright playing many snaps. Not sure we need any changes here)

- Babcock is back and looks to be in good shape, along with Gresham's cast being removed on Monday.

Well i am glad that Babcock And Gresham are back. Gresham will make a big impact in this game on both sides of the ball.AT 100% Gresham maks this halls team better and gives them another way to score,they then dont half to use 6 and 23 as there work horse. Its not that we couldnt throw the ball without Gresham it just makes it that much easier to. devilsden i undrestand you frustration and like you i played for halls high school.The OC at Halls is what your problem is.Three are others to. I myself am wondering why 21 and 3 dont get more carrys. I blame the running back coach 21 racked up 100 yeards in returns last week and doesnt get one chance to run the ball. Why is that??? when 3 is in the game for a few plays it gives 6 and 23 a rest and fresh legs for the 4th.Yes 6 and 23 are great backs but fresh legs make them even better

Without getting any of the natives excited. The biggest blunder of this new look offense is overlooking Chris McGill #21 not running the ball more this year and easily is one huge reason why we stand at 2-5. For some unknown reason he is just overlooked. That in itself makes one wonder how some of our players are being assessed in practice. He is one player that hit the line of scrimmage similar to Wesley Kitts and we know what he achieved running the ball.

Castrolman, I knew I wasn't the only one noticing this. I'm not wanting to influence conspiracy just not understanding the logic we have players on our offense and why they some are over utilized and others are under utilized.

Zcar -

- Excellent point about McGill!! I felt, like you. his abilities wer what this team needed. I've said so early. I wish we could go back and see what it wouldv'e been like withtwo seniors in the backfield to start the season. More holes hit, more blocks made, more toughness in the fourth quarter. I talk to felt this year was used to build for the future (that's the answer I get when I ask about McGill).

- I asked someone "close" to the coaching staff (not a coach) about why we continue to try to get wide ("jet") vs. last year' inside the ends ("buck"). The answer I got startled me! Without hesitation he said we "didn't have the speed at runningback last year that we do this year". I must be an idiot because I don't think our new running back looks to be near the same speed as Kitts (I know, most of you think I'm an idiot anyway)

- Interesting stats in the PrepXtra:

- Out of the leading 100 taclers this year, Halls has none. That also compares our 7 games tp most teams 6. Again, NONE in the top 100!

- Out of the leading 100 receivers, NONE from Halls (Again 7 games vs 6). Again I mention, our top two (based om downs played have palyed all year)

- Out of the top 100 rushers, we have 2 (O'laughlin #24, Waggoner #31) - but remember, total yards for 7 games vs 6. (Kitts was # 3 last year)

- I don't think we can fuss to much about the coaching when we don't have any of the top 100 players on defense and receiver on our team. Not one of the top 100!! Ouch!