Tullahoma at Stratford

binns37388

The Tullahoma Wildcats travel to Nashville Friday nite to play the Stratford Spartans. The Cats have won 3 straight games, but the last trip to Nashville ended in a tough loss to Whites Creek 7-6 in a rainstorm. Stratford lost at the Creek last Friday nite. Stratford has the states top QB and the top two receivers. Tullahoma defense, after giving up 17 pts in an opening week loss in OT at Lincoln Co, have limited their opponents to 7pts or less in their other 5 games. Something has to give this week. A loss by either team, will severely hurt their chances of making the state play-offs. The Wildcats offense will have to be more consistant than last Friday nites game with Shelbyville. The Cats defense, whom I think may have already set a record for most interceptions in a season after 6 games, will need to continue that effort. The toughest job for the coaches will be to keep this team focused this week, since Tullahoma is in the first week of a 2 week Fall break. Depth could prove to be a big factor in this game. The Spartans have several players who play both ways. At this point in the season with a 1-1 Region record, Tullahoma could go anywhere from not making the play-offs to winning the Region title. For you Tullahoma fans who can't make the trip to Nashville, the game will be broadcast live on 101.5 and on the internet at www.fantasyradio.com. Don't forget to listen to "High School Sports Plus" Thursday nite on the radio or the internet. Scott Shasteen and myself will talk with Head Coach John Olive and Coffee Co coach Eddie Nunley as usual, along with new Moore Co head coach and former THS coach, Steve Mathews on the show. Moore Co upset Columbia Academy last Friday nite at Columbia and will host pre-season favorite Mt. Pleasant this Friday nite in a battle for 1st place in their Region.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously? That's amazing considering there are some great WR's at HHS this year and Henry County reportedly has a phenomonal QB/DB.

K. Jackson in 6 games has completed 97 of 168 pass attempts for 1,772 yards. M. Teague of Henry Co is way down the list. He has completed 18 of 29 pass attempts for 311 yards in 6 games. As far as the wide receivers go, T. Fisher of Stratford has caught 36 passes for 739 yards and 8 td's and D. Bohannon of Stratford has caught 29 passes for 607 yards and 7 td's. On down the list, but not in the top ten is J. Blihovde of Hillsboro who has caught 24 passes for 433 yards and 3 td's and E. Gordon of Hillsboro, who has caught 25 passes for 352 yards and 4 td's. Stats courtesy of Murphyfair.com

With Hillsboro & Maplewood as the top two teams and Whites Creek having beaten both of these teams + Shelbyville...............

The winner is going to the playoffs & the loser is going home for good after week ten. I can't bet against Tullahoma but I will be pulling for Stratford because they are a great story. Good Luck Spartans!!!!

K. Jackson in 6 games has completed 97 of 168 pass attempts for 1,772 yards. M. Teague of Henry Co is way down the list. He has completed 18 of 29 pass attempts for 311 yards in 6 games. As far as the wide receivers go, T. Fisher of Stratford has caught 36 passes for 739 yards and 8 td's and D. Bohannon of Stratford has caught 29 passes for 607 yards and 7 td's. On down the list, but not in the top ten is J. Blihovde of Hillsboro who has caught 24 passes for 433 yards and 3 td's and E. Gordon of Hillsboro, who has caught 25 passes for 352 yards and 4 td's. Stats courtesy of Murphyfair.com

Wow, any colleges that you know of looking at those guys? Putting up numbers like that has to get someone's attention.

Wow, any colleges that you know of looking at those guys? Putting up numbers like that has to get someone's attention.

I know that Georgia Tech was after Teandre Fisher and Deangelo Buchanon but I'm not for sure about the other colleges but I know that TSU, MTSU, Arknasas State, Memphis and other small colleges been after these 2 guys. I'm not sure about Kemonte.

My pick is for Stratford because they know what time it is and they lost a tough one to Whites Creek. But if Stratford for some odd reason don't sure up their run defense this week in practice Tullahoma and Stratford also have to keep their players focus this week because it's homecoming for them.

Predicton score: Stratford 40 Tullahoma 28 but if they don't stop the run Stratford 20 Tullahoma 35.

Let's go Spartans!!!

I think Tullahoma could still make the playoffs if they lose to Stratford, but they would have to win out, which includes beating Maplewood, Hillsboro and Lawrence Co and Stratford would have to lose to Maplewood. Not likely, but it could happen.

It's pretty obvious Stratford H.S. is loaded with athlete's once again.The wildcats will show up and leave it all on the field again,which is all you can ask.I would like to wish the wildcats a safe trip to and from Nashville and hopefully return home injury free with a "W".Good luck cats and coaches! Cousy

"True success is overcoming the fear of being unsuccessful."

I think Tullahoma could still make the playoffs if they lose to Stratford, but they would have to win out, which includes beating Maplewood, Hillsboro and Lawrence Co and Stratford would have to lose to Maplewood. Not likely, but it could happen.

I could win the lottery too /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It's pretty obvious Stratford H.S. is loaded with athlete's once again.The wildcats will show up and leave it all on the field again,which is all you can ask.I would like to wish the wildcats a safe trip to and from Nashville and hopefully return home injury free with a "W".Good luck cats and coaches! Cousy

"True success is overcoming the fear of being unsuccessful."

Should be a good game. Too bad it's at Stratford.

Guest catsvoice

This is a classic matchup between the top passing offense in the state of Tennessee against the top scoring defense in the region. Stratford's problems have certainly not been moving the football, but have been securing the football and stopping the other team.

On the other hand Tullahoma has a pretty powerful passing attack itself. The Wildcats also bring a solid rushing attack to the table with junior tailback Zach Bryson amassing almost 500 yards on the ground.

Tullahoma's defense has been outstanding, allowing only 7.5 points per game. The Wildcats' turnover ratio is +13.

However, the THS defense has not seen anything approaching what Stratford will bring in the passing game. Tullahoma has beaten primarily running teams so far. In fact, teams like Coffee Co. and Warren Co. were not even a threat to pass, which allowed the Cats to cheat-up to stop the run.

This could be a shootout if Tullahoma's defense does not come prepared to put some pads on Mr. Jackson early. Fisher and Bohannan can fly, so the Wildcats linebackers and secondary will have to hit them early and hit them often.

A Whites Creek player was quoted in the Tennessean after last week's game as saying the Cobras were in better shape than the Spartans. If this game comes down to who is in better shape and who is the more-physical team then I like Tullahoma's chances a lot. If it comes down to who can make the most big plays then Stratford has the edge.