USJ vs. Westview

USJBlurton61

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a JCS fan. Just want to say that I really respect the Westview coach, team and fans. JCS could not stop the Westview running game. Offensively, they ran over the Eagles.

However, just because the score was 33-13 does not mean that Westview stoppped JCS. They never stopped them. JCS had 215 yards rushing. Will Johnson had 6 carries for 89 yards that is not stopping... That is 14 yards a carry. He sat out the 2nd and 3rd quarter with an elbow injury. Carried the ball on the first play of 4th quarter for 31 yards then didn't go back in... JCS had more total yardage than Westview. Only punted twice.

They had two unforced bad snaps inside their own 20 leading to two red zone scores for Westview. JCS also threw an interception inside the redzone... Even Westview's coach said "we didn't stop JCS they stopped themselves." I don't know that we would have won but we weren't stopped. JCS averaged 11 yards a play.

My point is if USJ plays mistake free ball it could be a long night for the Westview defense. The Westview run game will grind it out... Westview did dominate the time of possession against JCS--- 30 minutes to 18... That is what they do best and what they will have to do to USJ...

Good Luck to both teams... USJ 35 Westview 28

this game will not be a blowout from what ive heard westviews problem has been in stopping the run and not the pass... and usj CANNOT run the ball

Huh? Can't run the ball? Course, Westview played with three down linemen...almost like they were asking USJ to run.

O, and USJ defense showed up to play. On every drive but one, they stuffed the run and covered the pass. Would've been a larger margin had the first offense been left in for the 4th quarter.

Regardless, good job to both teams. Westview's fullback is a hoss.