UC vs. SF

Switchhitter

No, prior quote asked what was witnessed to make it a dirty game. One player getting ejected for punching does not make it a dirty game. And yes, I was at the game. I'm at all OC games. The majority of complaints I've seen is people complaining of late hits on the QB. The hits weren't late. When you run the option, you can't fake on one play and keep on another and expect not to get hit. That's the point I was making. If that makes it a dirty game, that's sad.

Only one mentioning the words "dirty game" are you. Original statement was about having good sportmanship (not dirty play) in game between UC and SF, unlike what was witnessed between UC and OC. QB being hit during options is part of the game, no fuss here. Being punched while on the ground after the whistle - that's not right. OC player guilty of that call and was ejected from the game.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Coach Is The Coach. And What He Says Goes. Discipline, Discipline, How Can You Argue?

Agree. However, I am glad that I am not the coach or the player/parent that has to deal with that question and decision - what is best for the team? vs What is best for the student? "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few; the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many." What is more important?

The Coach Is The Coach. And What He Says Goes. Discipline, Discipline, How Can You Argue?

Kids are in high school to learn...Not play football....The two young men that had the great opportunity to travel abroad shouldn't be punished in any way and future STUDENT-athletes should have the same opportunity to do the same...I would have a hard time with a football coach putting down a mandate that my son could not play football if he were to go on this trip....I would understand if it was a field trip on a Friday night to see some panda in a zoo but we are talking about something that the majority of these kids would not be able to do in their lifetimes if not for the school system offering this educational trip overseas...

With the two SF kids out, I'm changing my prediction. I think that UC will run away with the game. It wont be close. I was predicting a close game..with UC winning. No more. UC will win by three TD's. Single A schools the size of SF cant lose two starting linemen without it having major consequences.

But, who knows? maybe the subs will step up and play the game of their lives? I hope that they do.

It would be nice to be ranked but I figure the Tornadoes aren't because McKenzie has done more with their program the last three years...They were runner-ups last season and their name is still fresh on state-wide voters minds..Some may not even know Union City beat them this season....If UC keeps winning they will be ranked...The only real ranking that matters is who is #1 about 6:30PM CST on the first Friday in December...Just remember,in 2005 Union City was not ranked all year but they played for a state championship....

I noticed that senior SF linemen Brandt Sisson and Alexander McWhirt will not be in uniform this week...Matter of fact they won't even be in country...They are overseas with a group of SF students that make this trip annually...

2 questions.....1)How will this affect the Red Devils who are thin in numbers anyway???..AND...2)What do the SF faithful and other CoachT posters think of the comments of 1st year SF skipper Kelly Spivey made to The Messenger saying that future players will have to decide whether they want to make this trip or play football,but will not do both??

A lot of kids will never get the chance to travel abroad in their entire lives. Good choice, IMO, these boys made.

Looks like South Fulton will be without two starters...Brandt Sisson ( Offensive Lineman ) and Alexander McWhirt ( Offensive Lineman ). Some type of school trip and looks like the coach doesn't like this one bit.

He stated in the U C Paper that this would never happen again and kids from now on would have to make a choice either to play footballl or not to play.

My question is, are these guys good enough that South Fulton will miss them?

I guess we were both typing at the same time with the same thought...good post there P & G.

In my opinion, football is a team sport. When a player commits to play football, they should be at every game and every practice. It's fine to want to travel, but travel in the off season. Don't make every person on the team pay a price for it. It is the selfish and should never be allowed.

Kids are in high school to learn...Not play football....The two young men that had the great opportunity to travel abroad shouldn't be punished in any way and future STUDENT-athletes should have the same opportunity to do the same...I would have a hard time with a football coach putting down a mandate that my son could not play football if he were to go on this trip....I would understand if it was a field trip on a Friday night to see some panda in a zoo but we are talking about something that the majority of these kids would not be able to do in their lifetimes if not for the school system offering this educational trip overseas...

It is not a school sponsored trip. One of the teachers organizes it through a travel service and gets to go free because of it. They could go during the dead week in the summer.

If This Trip Could Be Scheduled At Anytime And Could Be Done Around Athletic Schedules It Should Be. Kids Are Kids, And A Chance of A Lifetime Trip Is Awesome, And Who Wouldn't Wanna Go. Heck I Joined Navy To See World. But A Commitment Is What it Is. And These Kids Wanted To Play Football, But They Didn't Think They Would Be Undefeated At this Point, And Thier Presence be So Important. What A Delima For Them As Young Men. Sorta like The Song Lyrics " Do I Stay Or Do I Go Now "

Brandt Sission is a very valuable asset to this team. He brings good size to the offensive and defensive lines. Losing these two will be a huge loss. I won't say that we will lose because they are gone,but it does make me wonder how this game will turn out now. I was highly confident that this was going to be a good smash mouthed football game and now I'm not for sure. Stepping in for Sission will be a 5'7 sophomore that just isn't strong or experienced enough to play against UC. Starting for Alexander will be a 5'6 Junior that weighs about 160 pd!..... I just hope they realize that they are going to have to step up in a bigggg way Tomorrow night.

I agree with Butchie and Devilbooster. I even agree with the coach. It would be different if they had 100 players on the team but they don't. They are not only letting down the team and the coaches, but the school and the town. P and G i see you reasoning behind it, but he was brought here to build a program. He wanted from the start full commitment, and hard work. This isn't commitment. Leaving for two weeks in the middle of the season isn't right. They will not only miss the UC game but the LC game to. TWO HUGE REGION GAMES.

Ugh, we will see what happens.

We parents have known this since last spring. No doubt we will miss the two guys. But we are not a one man team(or two man).

Whoever posted that this isn't really a school trip is correct. There are more parents and community members going than students. It's not like it's Beta Club or Civics or whatever. It's just a trip that the librarian organized. It's not a once in a lifetime thing. You only play your senior year once. Then you have the rest of your life to be a globetrotter. I have a big problem with this trip. In the past our former coach had no rules and the only thing the guys missed was a humiliating loss. Times have changed though.