Who is For Sure Leaving DI for DII?

jtmgovols

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think those schools are at a disadvantage when it comes to playing the current smaller Division II schools (St George's, SAS, etc)?

They would prefer not to be playing them. They would like to play the Davidson's of the world. They want to play schools of similar size, the TSSAA just want let them do it.

The Tennessean had the following list on there website:

STAY IN DIVISION I

Christ Presbyterian Academy

Clarksville Academy

Columbia Academy

David Lipscomb

Friendship

Goodpasture

Middle Tennessee Christian

Nashville Christian

MOVE TO DIVISION II

Donelson Christian Academy

Franklin Road Academy

Zion Christian

UNDECIDED

??? Ezell-Harding: board of directors meets later in week

??? Mt. Juliet Christian: board of directors meets Thursday

Do you think those schools are at a disadvantage when it comes to playing the current smaller Division II schools (St George's, SAS, etc)?

I wouldn't worry about SAS. They are not even playing a TSSAA football schedule this year. Perhaps with the addition of more teams to D-II A, they will.

I see this as a good move for all of the schools involved. Although, travel may still be a bit of an issue for football. I am surprised that a few more Nashville area schools, most notably CPA, Lipscomb, and Goodpasure, didn't make the move.

I see a league with FRA, Davidson Academy, Zion Christian, DCA, USJ, JCS, St. George's, FACS, Harding Academy, SBEC, etc being very competitive.

I wouldn't worry about SAS. They are not even playing a TSSAA football schedule this year. Perhaps with the addition of more teams to D-II A, they will.

I see this as a good move for all of the schools involved. Although, travel may still be a bit of an issue for football. I am surprised that a few more Nashville area schools, most notably CPA, Lipscomb, and Goodpasure, didn't make the move.

I see a league with FRA, Davidson Academy, Zion Christian, DCA, USJ, JCS, St. George's, FACS, Harding Academy, SBEC, etc being very competitive.

possibly DL,GP,CPA get more state-wide exposure playing where they are..not bashing D-II A tho ..imo they feel they are more advanced than these programs football wise

What about Nashville Christian School? I think they need to go D2 it would be a big mistake for them not to go. What do you guys think?

It could also be a big mistake if they did go DII. Unless a school has a huge benefactor, somebody has to pay for the increased financial aid and travel expenses.

Maybe they do not want to put that hardship on their current student's families at the risk of losing enrollment. I would think their school mission is not football.