Who is For Sure Leaving DI for DII?

jtmgovols

I am sure that if JCS and USJ had been allowed to play in single A classification as they should have been, this would not even be a discussion and they would have stayed Div I, as I am sure the same would be true for the majority of the other schools that are making the jump. I can't blame Trinity for staying in Division I and they will be fine, until they start winning championships and then let the howling begin......and the figuring begin to see just where the multiplier has to be set next to get them to 2A....

I seriously doubt the mulitplier would go any higher than it already is.

The move to DII by most small privates is a logical move. That is what I would have done long ago. If all go...it would cut down on travel...not increase it. The smaller schools will play schools like their own. They don't have to give a lot of financial aid. They will be able to compete even better than they do now with much larger public schools. They can still play public schools in the regular season if they want. They can also let their small number of aid students play sports.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure that if JCS and USJ had been allowed to play in single A classification as they should have been, this would not even be a discussion and they would have stayed Div I, as I am sure the same would be true for the majority of the other schools that are making the jump. I can't blame Trinity for staying in Division I and they will be fine, until they start winning championships and then let the howling begin......and the figuring begin to see just where the multiplier has to be set next to get them to 2A....

I think they are close enough to the A/AA cut-off with their multiplied number that they will not have to worry about an increased multiplier moving them up, if they gain many at all they will move.

If I understand it correctly, an increase of 15% within the four year Classification period will get you moved up prior to 2013.

I truly feel, had USJ and JCS stayed in D1, there would been a "balance", if you will, of kids transferring from the AA schools to the A school year in and year out until they all had about the same enrollment. For parents that which Atheletic competition and classification play a larger role, some would always be looking for the smaller classified school.

JMO