Rhea County Homecoming

Agreed. All in all, we just want what's best for the boys. Even though we, at times, may disagree on what "what's best" for them is.

Yeap.

I see where you and rusty are coming from on the posts above. We do disagree, but we still support the same team, and in the end isn't that what matters? The schedule to this point has been somewhat easy, but after this week is the season inside the season begins and really it starts tonight with Cleveland vs. Red Bank. Because whoever wins the most amoung us 3 over the next 3 weeks will pretty much determine the region champiionship. Red Bank is just down, but they still are a good team. Rusty I like the comment on the WV QBs, they couldn't miss us /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> . Those Stats are from Max.Preps. Check it out sometime there is some interesting stuff out there. As for the INTs yeah 7 of the 12 were against WV, but we still lead the state heading into this game. I guess take for what its worth. Let's go beat Central!

Oh and at times last night it was painful to watch Hixson and Walker Valley.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started off terrible...got the ship righted towards the end. that team should have never been on the field with us tonight. I got the chance to watch up close chat central walking in from warm-ups, they looked so athletic. its hard to believe they could be that terrible.

as for us, theres still many a question mark on defense. glad to see us make a PAT. Hows AJ and the injury (knee?)? Well need to play 2 great games to take home this region championship.

Started off terrible...got the ship righted towards the end. that team should have never been on the field with us tonight. I got the chance to watch up close chat central walking in from warm-ups, they looked so athletic. its hard to believe they could be that terrible.

as for us, theres still many a question mark on defense. glad to see us make a PAT. Hows AJ and the injury (knee?)? Well need to play 2 great games to take home this region championship.

Oh yeah Central has some good athletes. I wouldn't mind having #11 and #44, but that team is very undisciplined. Yeah there was some frustration on the sideline in the first quarter, but everybody kept their heads about them and made the adjustments. Revis was great tonight with his return. Him and Walker were both plowing over Centrals D-Linemen the whole time. Good crowd tonight, I like seeing the big crowds, but we need everybody and I mean everybody to be at Red Bank. The stakes in the Red Bank went from high to out of this world high. Pretty much next week is now for region. The defense is going to have to show up and play their best game next week and the following too. The offense is going to have to keep putting up points and alot of them. As long as everybody that had injuries tonight takes it easy this weekend and does what they need to do next week, I see them playing friday at Red Bank.

The stakes in the Red Bank went from high to out of this world high. Pretty much next week is now for region.

How do you come up with this? If we beat Red Bank and lose to Cleveland then there will be a three way tie for first. Then I believe it reverts back to overall record. Cleveland and us would be tied with 8-2 records, but they would have the head to head win over us. That McMinn game that was for nothing more than "pride" matters now doesn't it guys? Let's just take it to Red Bank next week then do the same to Cleveland. Then we don't have to worry about all of that junk.

Anyways, nothing too impressive last night, but I whatever gets the job done. We're going to have to pull out all the stops for the next two weeks.

How do you come up with this? If we beat Red Bank and lose to Cleveland then there will be a three way tie for first. Then I believe it reverts back to overall record. Cleveland and us would be tied with 8-2 records, but they would have the head to head win over us. That McMinn game that was for nothing more than "pride" matters now doesn't it guys? Let's just take it to Red Bank next week then do the same to Cleveland. Then we don't have to worry about all of that junk.

Anyways, nothing too impressive last night, but I whatever gets the job done. We're going to have to pull out all the stops for the next two weeks.

Don't start this crap this week, there is no need for it.

All I'm saying is the race is pretty much over for the region if Red Bank wins. As for how the Champion and/or any other spot is decided if there is a tie then read this

C. If at any point when the following tie-breaking procedures are applied, one team has beaten all the other teams

that are tied for a play-off position, that team shall be rated above the others.

D. In the event of a tie for the region winner, runner-up, third-place, or fourth-place team, if either team(s) has

defeated the other(s) in regular-season play, the team(s) shall be rated above the other(s) in the standings. (After

the region winner has been determined, the tie-breaker procedure shall begin all over again starting at the top to

work out the runner-up position. The procedure shall be repeated to determine the third- and fourth-place teams.)

E. The following tie-breaking procedures shall be applied and all regular-season games, both region and non-region,

shall count (After each of the following steps have been applied, item C above shall be applied.):

1. The team with the greatest number of victories.

2. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.

3. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories.

4. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats.

5. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams in its own class.

6. Ten yardline overtime procedure at neutral site Monday night at 7:30 P.M.

Don't start this crap this week, there is no need for it.

All I'm saying is the race is pretty much over for the region if Red Bank wins. As for how the Champion and/or any other spot is decided if there is a tie then read this

C. If at any point when the following tie-breaking procedures are applied, one team has beaten all the other teams

that are tied for a play-off position, that team shall be rated above the others.

D. In the event of a tie for the region winner, runner-up, third-place, or fourth-place team, if either team(s) has

defeated the other(s) in regular-season play, the team(s) shall be rated above the other(s) in the standings. (After

the region winner has been determined, the tie-breaker procedure shall begin all over again starting at the top to

work out the runner-up position. The procedure shall be repeated to determine the third- and fourth-place teams.)

E. The following tie-breaking procedures shall be applied and all regular-season games, both region and non-region,

shall count (After each of the following steps have been applied, item C above shall be applied.):

1. The team with the greatest number of victories.

2. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.

3. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories.

4. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats.

5. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams in its own class.

6. Ten yardline overtime procedure at neutral site Monday night at 7:30 P.M.

Man,you sure know your stuff unlike some others on here. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Good job!

Guys, I am glad youfeel good about beating a Central Team with only 5 seniors and only 4 that start!! Those main athletes you refer to are only Sophomores. It has been a tough year for the Pounders playing a varsity schedule with a JV team. If you noticed Friday, 3 of the 4 Defensive Linemen were Sophomores, #11 is a Sophomore, 3 of the 4 Defensive backes are Sophomores as well as 2 of 3 LBs being Jrs. On the offensive side of the ball the Oline is starting 3 Jrs and 1 Sophomore along with 2 Jrs and a Sophomore at the skill Positions. The Roster of 59 players for Central there are only 10 Jrs and again 5 Seniors. So do the math that is 44 Freshmen and Sophomores!! Central made alot of mistakes that have given opponents points the last two weeks. Rhea Co. scored 21 points directly off punt team. 2 blokced punts and a punt return. Also poor tackling by a young team on #10 alowed some scoring opportunities. Finally, the pounders struggled fielding kickoffs that put them in poor field position tonight which flipped the game for the Eagles!! Rhea has a good team and played well but the Pounders youth showed up during the game. Keep your head up Central better days are ahead.

Guys, I am glad youfeel good about beating a Central Team with only 5 seniors and only 4 that start!! Those main athletes you refer to are only Sophomores. It has been a tough year for the Pounders playing a varsity schedule with a JV team. If you noticed Friday, 3 of the 4 Defensive Linemen were Sophomores, #11 is a Sophomore, 3 of the 4 Defensive backes are Sophomores as well as 2 of 3 LBs being Jrs. On the offensive side of the ball the Oline is starting 3 Jrs and 1 Sophomore along with 2 Jrs and a Sophomore at the skill Positions. The Roster of 59 players for Central there are only 10 Jrs and again 5 Seniors. So do the math that is 44 Freshmen and Sophomores!! Central made alot of mistakes that have given opponents points the last two weeks. Rhea Co. scored 21 points directly off punt team. 2 blokced punts and a punt return. Also poor tackling by a young team on #10 alowed some scoring opportunities. Finally, the pounders struggled fielding kickoffs that put them in poor field position tonight which flipped the game for the Eagles!! Rhea has a good team and played well but the Pounders youth showed up during the game. Keep your head up Central better days are ahead.

Why wouldn't we feel good about a win? This is the team we pull for.It doesn't matter if they were all FRESHMAN & SOHOMORES Central is on the schedule and we are just playing the games as they come.Shoe on the other foot,If we are all young and you beat us would that not make you feel good to get a win? A win is a win is a win especially in REGION play! I believe Rhea Co. made a compliment about two of your athletes so I don't understand why you would even get on this thread with a post like this. This is LUDICROUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made the post because of the comments made about the team being undisciplined and terrible!! they may have complimented a player or two but also took shots at the program IMO!! Central is a program with a coach in his second year there and alot of young players learning what it takes to win and compete in this difficult region. The mistakes made on Friday were youthful mistakes in alot of cases, not lack of coaching or discipline. I have heard for every sophomore you start it is a loss and that seems to hold true in alot of cases. Good luck to Rhea Co. the rest of the way. Enjoy the win you should but do it with class and do not talk down about other programs. That was my only point!! Not trying to hurt anyones's feelings just stating an opinion like everyone else. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />