Rhea County Homecoming

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Henschen was back at practice today. He is starting to move around better, but he still is not 100%. It is good to have him back in pads, along with Revis. This is one of those games were we should win and win big, but Central has some athletes that can play. I hope no one gets hurt, get a good region win before Red Bank, and also to see the JV start the second half.

I have been looking up stats on our team compared to the rest of the state.

A.J. Brown 6th ranked WR in the state with 28 catches, 537 yards, 6 TDs, 19.18 yds per catch, and 89.5 yards/game.

Cam Tallent 15th ranked QB and 2nd ranked Soph QB. 68 of 110 for 1052 yds, 175.3 yards/game, 9 TDs, 3 INTs, and a QB rating of 109

Jacob Moffett 44th RB 80 carries for 497 yds, yds/carry 6.21, 82.8 yds/game, and 6 TDs

Calab Price 10th ranked in tackles. 35 solo, 37 asst, 72 total, 12.0 per game.

J.T. Stone tied for 8th rank in INTs with 4.

Josh Davis 2nd ranked punter in the state. 19 punts for 884 yds., avg 44.42 a punt, 7 inside 20, long 63.

Davis 5th in kick offs 29 for 1683 yards, and 12 touch backs.

Davis 31st in PAT 16 of 20 on PAT

Davis 30th in FGs 2 of 2 long 42

9th ranked as a team in passing. 70 of 113 for 1170 yds, 195 yds/game, 10 TDs, and 4 INTs

50th in rushing 203 attempts, 988 yds, 4.87 yds/carry, 164.7 yds/game, and 14 TDs

9th in receiving 70 catches, 1170 yds, 16.71 yds/catch, 195 yds/game, and 10 TDs

30th in scoring 26 TDs, 2 FGs, 16 PATs, 1 safety, 184 total points, 30.7 pts/game.

17th in total offense 988 rushing 1170 passing for 2185 total yards 359.7 yds/game.

1st in INTs as a team! 12 INTs

16th in tackles 213 solo, 225 asst, 438 total, 73 tackles/game

10th in sacks with 15. 2.5 sacks/game for -70 yards.

1st in INTs as a team! 12 INTs

Walker Valley is nearly solely responsible for that one.

I'm not sure how much real information you can get from teams that have played 6 or 7 games with mostly non-common opponents. That's not exactly an "apples to apples" comparison. I'm not saying we've played bad, but I wouldn't put a ton of stock into those rankings. Rhea has played two legitimate opponents this year (three if you count Walker Valley, which I have a hard time believing is a playoff team).

We will find out what kind of team this is come Week 9, which is a mixed bag. On one hand, we shouldn't be too beat up, but on the other hand, this team may be really tested by good teams in as few as three games, assuming Red Bank is a 14-7 score better than Walker Valley. This isn't exactly the most ideal way to be going into the playoffs.

I'm not saying that its anybody's fault, because these teams are normally stronger than this. This is just how it has worked out so far this year.

Hopefully, we'll take care of business early and get the backups in.

Be careful. I said that three weeks ago and they ate me alive. Apparently we're supposed to believe RB is as strong as ever just so that if we win we can praise Jason Fitzgerald's marvelous coaching intellect.

Consider the source, Pride.

I tried to make it painfully obvious that the easier schedule has nothing to do with the coaches. They aren't the reason that WV, Brainerd, RB as well as the usual suspects are awful this year. Maybe awful is a strong word for RB, but WV was absolutely mind-blowing awful. Seven picks? Gee, if we need a backup QB, maybe we can steal one of those guys to play QB for us. They can't miss a guy in a green jersey!

That shouldn't take anything away from the team's accomplishments so far. They've executed fairly well against whoever they have been lined up against.

I don't think anyone can pull that off like Mr. Jim Barnes (R.I.P.) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly. His voice was like no other, and he is greatly missed. I was glad to see RCHS name the pressbox after him. That was great.

Now, on to tonight. Rhea will have an easy way with the Purple Pounded. The boys in green should be able to set the score on their homecoming. I will be proud to sit and watch the seniors win their first homecoming, something that the seniors from the past two years never did. Go get 'em boys. We are behind you all the way!