BA vs MBA

singlewing

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have two programs which...

...have made 15 of 22 appearances in the DII finals and own 7 of the 11 DII titles

...represent the all-time winning percentage leader in the state (BA) and the second all-time wins leader in the state (MBA)

...play absolutely sick schedules when compared to the rest of the state...

...and these are the best postgame posts we can come up with?

As for the game, it was a hard-hitting affair, and one that could have gone either way. Let's not forget that BA is probably about 10-15 yards away from being 7-1. MBA is a few big plays-averted from being 8-0. These teams deserve better banter. Maybe a first-time loss to a WillCo opponent (BA) and a loss to the new archrival (MBA) has put an ever-so-slight slight damper on the seasons, but both teams have much left they can do. And I, for one, am not conceding anything to EHS yet. They are certainly good enough to make the finals (and congrats to them on their win last weekend; I was out of town last weekend and found the thread locked by the time I could post), but they are a key injury away (not that it is wished upon them, or anyone for that matter) from some potential problems with a somewhat vulnerable defense.

Anyway, thanks to the boys on West End for putting a nice nightcap on my 40th today.

We have two programs which...

...have made 15 of 22 appearances in the DII finals and own 7 of the 11 DII titles

...represent the all-time winning percentage leader in the state (BA) and the second all-time wins leader in the state (MBA)

...play absoultely sick schedules when compared to the rest of the state...

...and these are the best postgame posts we can come up with?

As for the game, it was a hard-hitting affair, and one that could have gone either way. Let's not forget that BA is probably about 10-15 yards away from being 7-1. MBA is a few big plays-averted from being 8-0. These teams deserve better banter. Maybe a first-time loss to a WillCo opponent (BA) and a loss to the new archrival (MBA) has put an ever-so-slight slight damper on the seasons, but both teams have much left they can do. And I, for one, am not conceding anything to EHS yet. They are certainly good enough to make the finals (and congrats to them on their win last weekend; I was out of town last weekend and found the thread locked by the time I could post), but they are a key injury away (not that it is wished upon them, or anyone for that matter) from some potential problems with a somewhat vulnerable defense.

Anyway, thanks to the boys on West End for putting a nice nightcap on my 40th today.

Happy B-day! It was good to see you at Homecoming!

Precisely!

Just a wild thought, but I wonder if people would be so quick to post the recruiting slander (for which they have no evidence) and claim to be from one of the "offending" schools if they had to post under their own name?

Completely unrelated, but I've missed the BA posters this year. There were a few who really had good insight on the program and the games, and the boards are the poorer for their absence. As near as I can tell, the people who've taken their place are mostly trash-talking children with no knowledge of the game, and no idea how adults disagree in a civil fashion. Heaven forbid they actually represent the schools they purport to attend!

O tempora! O mores! (Recognize that, RRR?)

Just a wild thought, but I wonder if people would be so quick to post the recruiting slander (for which they have no evidence) and claim to be from one of the "offending" schools if they had to post under their own name?

Completely unrelated, but I've missed the BA posters this year. There were a few who really had good insight on the program and the games, and the boards are the poorer for their absence. As near as I can tell, the people who've taken their place are mostly trash-talking children with no knowledge of the game, and no idea how adults disagree in a civil fashion. Heaven forbid they actually represent the schools they purport to attend!

I think that most of the BA posters have given up on CoachT. You can probably discern why. They have to put up with several ridiculous attacks for every reasonable exchange that takes place. As for me, both my kids have graduated, and I simply don't go to the games anymore.

I think that most of the BA posters have given up on CoachT. You can probably discern why. They have to put up with several ridiculous attacks for every reasonable exchange that takes place. As for me, both my kids have graduated, and I simply don't go to the games anymore.

I have to say it's hard to blame them. I just miss the fact that most of them were knowledgable and gentlemanly.

Watching #67 for MBA go up against the guys on BA's DL was pretty awesome. #66 is a stud, ND is getting a good one in #72. #99 certainly has a high ceiling as well. #50 for MBA is ridiculous, he's the Kyle Vanden Bosch of the Middle Tennessee high school football scene. Still kind of in awe of the talent that was on display along the lines last night. #19 and #23 had great games at LB for the Big Red, they're going to be incredible a year from now. Hope no one is too banged up.

Anyone know what kind of 100M time Caro runs? That kid can fly.

Maybe the BA folks are sick of the recruiting comments that show up on ever BA post.

Now it's Ensworth time to go through the recruiting mud slinging for awhile.

I am so sick of all the people posting to just blam BA and Ensworth for recruiting. MBA recruits, but no one talks about it. They use Backfield In Motion and have hired people to just recruit inner city kids. MBA posters are a joke they love to point fingers. Look at their program, they are recruiting in east Nashville and that Backfield In Motion program. Someone talk about that!!!!

Sounds like it was a well played game by both teams.

I am so sick of all the people posting to just blam BA and Ensworth for recruiting. MBA recruits, but no one talks about it. They use Backfield In Motion and have hired people to just recruit inner city kids. MBA posters are a joke they love to point fingers. Look at their program, they are recruiting in east Nashville and that Backfield In Motion program. Someone talk about that!!!!

Sounds like it was a well played game by both teams.

I sound a lot like a BA guy right now snapping back, but I have to comment on this. Football4life, can you name anybody starting for MBA right now who was part of Backfield In Motion or even lives in East Nashville? If Backfield in Motion is recruiting, what would you call MBA summer sports camps? That's where they get all their players and advertise the school, not Backfield in Motion. MBA recruits from the following schools (starting lineup):

QB: St. Henry's

RB: Ensworth grade school, St. Henry's, Overbrook

Linemen: CPA, St. Henry's, MLK magnet, St. Paul, Bellevue (don't know where Rylan went to school)

TE: Harding Academy

LB: CPA, Oak Hill

DBs: Oak Hill

We may have recruited when Ricky Bowers was there, but I don't really know anything about him.

I completely agree.

That is why I suggested that Nick keep those posts off the thread; it was completely uncalled for and had nothing to do with this game. I doubt that he is a BA grad given the "get bent" comment.

In regards to the BA posters and some of the others that have been around like you and me, I think that a lot of us definitely get tired of the recruiting comments from posters unrelated to the teams or the thread. As a result, I certainly have not been on here nearly as much.

Headed to your wonderful State later this week and looking forward to it.

Take care,

FlyBy