BA vs MBA

singlewing

I think you missed my point. First I said "more credibility", I was not saying that the win was not credible. If MBA bounces back this week and beats BA it makes Ensworths win even bigger, but if MBA losses this game then maybe MBA wasn't as good as they appeared early on, or maybe the injuries have caught up with them.

It is still a long road to M-boro. Who ever wins will have to go through what appears to be a very good MUS team. We don't hear much about the West Tennessee teams, but I know they beat a strong team from Mississippi. BA will be in the mix and so will Ensworth, MBA, and probably McCallie. I'm not sure anyone should be making space for a gold ball just yet.

The raod to the DII AAA crown goes through Memphis. MUS is very good.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people forget how good BA actually is. The early loss to Ravenwood took people off their trail but other than that they have looked quite good. Look for their defense to step it up. Coach McGuigin will have the guys ready to play. Should be a close one.. MBA 21 BA 17

for starters #3 is weldon garlington. ba has swallowed both the ravenwood and prattville games. rector is, what ill go on a limb and say, a mastermind against divsion 2 schools. i have no doubt he would have great success in this division. i was at prattville vs ba. their d-line was insane. the best ive ever seen for a high school, and one of the most dominant ive seen if you could compare the levels of play (highschool, ncaa, nfl). ba vs mba is totally different. this game is not all based on previous performances or talent level. in 2003 ba's team was stacked with talent, yet they lost in the title game 38 14 to mba. its whoever is playin harder, and feelin lucky. also this game does not give us a whole lot of indication on the playoffs. it could be opposite when we get there. in 2002 ba beat mba 31 6, but lost in the state game 27 11. neither were close. so what im sayin is if these teams meet in the playoffs, my bet says the team that loses friday wins in november. finally, the game is at ba which is a huge advantage. if both teams bring their A game, i say it will be Ba 17 Mba 13. total speculation.

i was at prattville vs ba. their d-line was insane. the best ive ever seen for a high school, and one of the most dominant ive seen if you could compare the levels of play (highschool, ncaa, nfl). ba vs mba is totally different. this game is not all based on previous performances or talent level.

Five shutouts in a row since the opening loss to Cincinnati St. X, and they gave up only 15 points in that game. Safe to say that Prattville defense is indeed stout.

Everybody seems to forget thet BA was picked to be head and shoulders better then anyone else in the state in the pre-season. They have lost a 1 point game to a very good Ravenwood team, and got drilled by a team from Alabama, that no one here knows anything about. We know that BA has great athletes, and I think it is a little early to start selling them short. I get the feeling that the EHS posters here are hoping for an MBA victory to give their win last Friday night more credibility. BA will be very good, and I expect a very tough game. BA would love nothing more then to beat MBA. Hold onto your hats.

Wait i cant tell if your serious....

Prattville is in the top 10 in the nation

Wait i cant tell if your serious....

Prattville is in the top 10 in the nation

I am serious, I knew Prattville was good, that they only lost to Cinn ST X, but I did not know they were #10. BA is no slouch, and anyone who thinks they are because they have lost a couple of games is mistaken. They will give MBA all they can handle.

I am serious, I knew Prattville was good, that they only lost to Cinn ST X, but I did not know they were #10. BA is no slouch, and anyone who thinks they are because they have lost a couple of games is mistaken. They will give MBA all they can handle.

Prattville was an outstanding team, and BA stood toe to toe with them. That game hinged on two deflating first half turn-overs. If BA had scored a TD when they were intercepted deep in Prattville territory, that might have been a very different game. I never felt that BA was overmatched in that one. And while they're a bit one dimensional offensively, it's the same dimension that hurt MBA Friday.