BA vs MBA

singlewing

I am so sick of all the people posting to just blam BA and Ensworth for recruiting. MBA recruits, but no one talks about it. They use Backfield In Motion and have hired people to just recruit inner city kids. MBA posters are a joke they love to point fingers. Look at their program, they are recruiting in east Nashville and that Backfield In Motion program. Someone talk about that!!!!

Sounds like it was a well played game by both teams.

Hey Fly By....Look at my posts, I never mentioned recruting. I suggested monetary commitment to a program. Could

mean facilites, equipment, the ability to attract the best coaches and staff. You made a leap, on my comments, to recruting. Wonder why? Did not mean to strike a nerve.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick,

I completely respect your right to have an opinion; we all have them. Your post: "Best football that money can buy......oh wait forgot about Ensworth" references MBA, BA, and Ensworth and is obviously a jab at all three schools. My response is in support of those three schools, not solely MBA.

My approach to this space is one of great appreciation for:

the lessons of life that I learned on and off the field in my formative years under the likes of Coach Owenwhat today's school administrators, teachers, and coaches are teaching their student athletesthe effort that today's student athletes put forth in an attempt to be over acheivers just like I wasthe understanding that football is a microcosm of life; there are great highs and lows, successes and failures, and one should learn to keep an even keel through the good and the bad.

MBA, BA, and Ensworth along with countless other schools across the Great State of Tennessee prepare their student athletes in the same manner, and their efforts do not need to be maligned by statements such as yours. If you can't understand that now, then you will when you get a little older. Life is short and should be sweet; mindless statements meant to be funny or disrespectful may give you a cheap thrill, but they have no meaning in the grand scheme.

Please don't think that I am offended by any comments that you may share; I could have chosen many of the mindless statements about "elite" schools or recruiting; yours just happened to show up on a thread that I was reading to get people's thoughts about MBA-BA. Instead, I read about the "best football that money can buy", and I deem that to be a mindless statement much like your follow up post telling me to "get bent".

Please understand that your statement on recruiting does not "strike a nerve with me". I know the quality of student athlete that we place on the field. Their status is not defined by the success or failure of the program; on the contrary, it is defined by their success or failure as gentlemen, scholars, and athletes. When an institution has a 100 year history, there have been many highs and lows; therefore, we learn to ride an even keel knowing that no high should be too high and no low should be too low. Most graduates of MBA and BA understand this, I do not know why it does not resonate with you.

I wish you nothing but the best. That is not sarcastic; it is very sincere.

Go Big Red, Eagles, and Tigers!

FlyBy

Nick,

I completely respect your right to have an opinion; we all have them. Your post: "Best football that money can buy......oh wait forgot about Ensworth" references MBA, BA, and Ensworth and is obviously a jab at all three schools. My response is in support of those three schools, not solely MBA.

My approach to this space is one of great appreciation for:

the lessons of life that I learned on and off the field in my formative years under the likes of Coach Owenwhat today's school administrators, teachers, and coaches are teaching their student athletesthe effort that today's student athletes put forth in an attempt to be over acheivers just like I wasthe understanding that football is a microcosm of life; there are great highs and lows, successes and failures, and one should learn to keep an even keel through the good and the bad.

MBA, BA, and Ensworth along with countless other schools across the Great State of Tennessee prepare their student athletes in the same manner, and their efforts do not need to be maligned by statements such as yours. If you can't understand that now, then you will when you get a little older. Life is short and should be sweet; mindless statements meant to be funny or disrespectful may give you a cheap thrill, but they have no meaning in the grand scheme.

Please don't think that I am offended by any comments that you may share; I could have chosen many of the mindless statements about "elite" schools or recruiting; yours just happened to show up on a thread that I was reading to get people's thoughts about MBA-BA. Instead, I read about the "best football that money can buy", and I deem that to be a mindless statement much like your follow up post telling me to "get bent".

Please understand that your statement on recruiting does not "strike a nerve with me". I know the quality of student athlete that we place on the field. Their status is not defined by the success or failure of the program; on the contrary, it is defined by their success or failure as gentlemen, scholars, and athletes. When an institution has a 100 year history, there have been many highs and lows; therefore, we learn to ride an even keel knowing that no high should be too high and no low should be too low. Most graduates of MBA and BA understand this, I do not know why it does not resonate with you.

I wish you nothing but the best. That is not sarcastic; it is very sincere.

Go Big Red, Eagles, and Tigers!

FlyBy

A few years ago someone asked Jeff Rutledge in the preseason what kind of team he was going to have that year. Jeff told them to ask him in 20 years when could tell them what kind of husbands, fathers and citizens his players became. That is the right answer.

You say MBA recruits... Here is where the starters all went to school before MBA

QB:St. Henry's

RB:St. Henry's,Ensworth middle

Fb: Oak Hill

Wr:Oak Hill, BGA, Ensworth Middle, Oak Hill (4 receivers who play)

TE: Harding Academy

Rt:St. Henry

RG: Harding Academy

C: St. Paul

LG:St. Paul

Lt: CPA

DE's:Harding Academy and Woodland

DT: Brentwood middle, Harding Academy, Browner moved from ATL Freshmen year so don't know school, MLK

LB:CPA, Oak Hill, Overbrook

CB:Ensworth Middle,FRA

FS: Croft Middle

SS: Oak Hill

K: Harding Academy

P:Oak Hill

So how does MBA recruit because those look like some pretty nomal schools that have been MBA feeders in the past?

You say MBA recruits... Here is where the starters all went to school before MBA

DT: Brentwood middle, Harding Academy, Browner moved from ATL Freshmen year so don't know school, MLK

So how does MBA recruit because those look like some pretty nomal schools that have been MBA feeders in the past?

Your facts mean nothing! lol They are a private school so they must be cheating in some way. Viva la Ronnie Carter.

RB: Ensworth middle

WR: Ensworth Middle

CB: Ensworth Middle

I find it interesting that three Ensworth Middle students would leave to go to MBA with the new EHS on the horizon when they made their move.

Have any MBA 7th/8th graders left to go to EHS? Honest question; I do not know.

I will say this: Ensworth will fill its enrollment; there is no doubt about - a good school with good teachers, administrators, academics, and extracurriculars. However, those outsiders (and perhaps some insiders) who still think that the new EHS spells the demise of MBA are flat out delusional (and no, I am not posting this to minimize the results of 10/3). MBA games are filled with throngs of old MBA families; you can see it in the crowd (for those who know what to look for), you can see it on the graduation rosters, and you can see it on the athletic rosters. There are plenty of young kids - those with and without MBA ties - in the ballparks running around with MBA swag who dream of going to MBA some day. A 140-year-old school just doesn't wither away. And, although I don't know the specific circumstances of the three kids referenced above, the fact that MBA still got three kids (and maybe more; this is just the football team we're talking about here) from a former natural feeder when a new high school geared towards that feeder school was on the horizon confirms that belief to me.

RRR

Your facts mean nothing! lol They are a private school so they must be cheating in some way. Viva la Ronnie Carter.

I just hate it when people exaggerate and can't get their facts straight. Good King Ron doesn't believe the fact that they're private schools (MBA, BA, Enswprth) means that cheat. The fact that they're private schools and successful means they cheat.

I find it interesting that three Ensworth Middle students would leave to go to MBA with the new EHS on the horizon when they made their move.

Have any MBA 7th/8th graders left to go to EHS? Honest question; I do not know.

I will say this: Ensworth will fill its enrollment; there is no doubt about - a good school with good teachers, administrators, academics, and extracurriculars. However, those outsiders (and perhaps some insiders) who still think that the new EHS spells the demise of MBA are flat out delusional (and no, I am not posting this to minimize the results of 10/3). MBA games are filled with throngs of old MBA families; you can see it in the crowd (for those who know what to look for), you can see it on the graduation rosters, and you can see it on the athletic rosters. There are plenty of young kids - those with and without MBA ties - in the ballparks running around with MBA swag who dream of going to MBA some day. A 140-year-old school just doesn't wither away. And, although I don't know the specific circumstances of the three kids referenced above, the fact that MBA still got three kids (and maybe more; this is just the football team we're talking about here) from a former natural feeder when a new high school geared towards that feeder school was on the horizon confirms that belief to me.

RRR

There will always be kids that leave Ensworth middle to go to MBA, just a fewer number of them. Most of the kids that go from Ensworth to MBA have a parent that graduated from MBA.

There are five people in the EHS senior class that went to MBA. that is a larger number than the other classes so i would say about seven or eight kids at Ensworth came from MBA.

I'm just curious, who are the players that attended St. Paul and CPA. Not trying to start anything. I'm just curious.

I would like to see Ensworth's players listed like this...could be interesting