10AAA

Eaglepride00

Yes Henry co. did shut down rudolph but we all know he is the centerpiece on there team. Thats why henry county's coach said we have to stop him first in the dickson newspaper. But i agree Rudolph for MVP when his team needed big wins he lead them to victory.

So the games that NW lost in the district weren't important enough for him to play well? Look, Rudolph is a dynamic player, but you can get inside his head. When HC played at NW, he came out determined, but after a foul and tech, he wasn't the same player the rest of the game and HC went on to win by 48. Again, at HC this time, 32 was the only kid who showed up ready to play. Rudolph and Stanton are virtually the same player on below average teams. MVP has to go to one of the top teams. Alderson doesn't have the stats that Sims or Williams has, and I doubt Baggett gets the recognition.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the games that NW lost in the district weren't important enough for him to play well? Look, Rudolph is a dynamic player, but you can get inside his head. When HC played at NW, he came out determined, but after a foul and tech, he wasn't the same player the rest of the game and HC went on to win by 48. Again, at HC this time, 32 was the only kid who showed up ready to play. Rudolph and Stanton are virtually the same player on below average teams. MVP has to go to one of the top teams. Alderson doesn't have the stats that Sims or Williams has, and I doubt Baggett gets the recognition.

yes that game rudolph got the tech and was out of it. number 32 is a sophmore and well be great in this district. but yall fail to mention that rudolph is the point and at both hc games he set up 32 by breaking down the defense. but im a northwest fan so im a little bias but this is just my point of view.

yes that game rudolph got the tech and was out of it. number 32 is a sophmore and well be great in this district. but yall fail to mention that rudolph is the point and at both hc games he set up 32 by breaking down the defense. but im a northwest fan so im a little bias but this is just my point of view.

I will agree. 32 will be a load to stop the next 2 years. He is a pretty good shooter and has good length. If he gets some meat on his bones he could get MVP in the next couple years.

32 got his own at HC, Rudolph didn't set him up. As a matter of fact, he was nearly invisible during their 2nd meeting. 32 though, yeah, he'll be a beast next year if he keeps working.

Now I stayed away from this site until the end of the season and I see it is some pretty interesting conversation taking place amongst the ranks. To think that any of you would even consider a player for MVP that isn't at least within the Top 3 teams within the district is ludicrous! Why reward a player with MVP that hasn't done enough to get his team amongst the elite...simple and plain. The players you all mention are great individuals within a team sport. This isn't singles tennis in which you are judged solely on your individual talent and successes. What have the players done to uplift their teams to successfully compete and win? Let me make my point here...Rossview underachieved this year, therefore to mention MVP for any player on that team would be outlandish to say the least! There star player numbers were down and didn't compete at the next level when they needed him! While NW was not considered a contender this year, there leading scorer did a superb job in holding his own stats up to par but the bottom line is, NW and MVP player at any level is a slap in the face to the players that competed well and won for the other teams within the district. At most this player should get the scoring title because his play only helped them win those games they were supposed to win and keep them close at times when they weren't suppose to win...need I mention this is a team sport again! While Clarksville managed to squeak their way through the district, it is really hard to make a case for them as well. So what if they lost some key players. It is my opinion that the players they lost weren't the best players within the district. They simply did what they had to do to win...THEY PLAYED TO THE TEAMS STRENGTHS! They have at least 2 or 3 (2 year starters)! Great players step up to the plate and make their teams better no matter what and get those wins. According to my knowledge of the games, they were pounded twice by NE this year and didn't compete as in years past! So once again , Clarksville and MVP player in the same sentence is wrong as two left feet! I can make a strong case for a couple of players from Northeast or Henry County for MVP! These are two teams that everyone thought would be behind Rossview this year.....I THINK NOT! Not only have these two teams competed well within the district but they have competed very well outside the district and kept 10AAA a household name. We keep mentioning what other teams have lost as being their downfall this year....please don't believe the hype. Northeast lost 45% of their scoring power to AP and players on the team have stepped up to continue the fight this year! Thats what great players do in time of turmoil and uncertainty...when in doubt put individual goals aside, contribute to the team unselfishly, and play to win. While none of the players for NE or HC have the scoring stats as the NW player or the Clarksville players, they still have the players that get the job done nightly.....competing and winning! In the end, I do believe a player from NE or HC will be awarded MVP for their TEAM EFFORT AND PLAY based on their output and success of their team! Anything else would be sending the wrong message to our players within the district; even in times of not being able to win...get yours regardless! I will be available to entertain any of the naysayers comments reference this post! GO NORTHEAST!

Alderson doesn't have what stats Sims and Williams have "THIS YEAR?" That win NW got at home against NE was a great win for NW but a total fluke! Dude how can you honestly say those two players are a part of a below average TEAM and not consider them below average based on their TEAM records? I say this because their great play as you would have it has not influenced the win column to thrust them to the top! If I recall last year, the kid from Clarksville that won CO-MVP was truly overshadowed by the play of NE CO-MVP in terms of stats.

Yes Henry co. did shut down rudolph but we all know he is the centerpiece on there team. Thats why henry county's coach said we have to stop him first in the dickson newspaper. But i agree Rudolph for MVP when his team needed big wins he lead them to victory.

Now I have some Orbit gum for dirty mouths. Rudolph for MVP...you must be joking...right? I give this kid his accolades for being able to score! He put up big numbers this year but not enough to be considered MVP based on the his team's success with his greatness. Looking at the schedule and the losses, could they not have have won the games they won with him scoring 10 points? It is my opinion, that it isn't worthy of recognition to score 50 points against someone you are supposed to score at will against...like a Kenwood team...sorry about that Kenwood players and fans! Most of these great scorers points are very distorted. If I am getting blown out of a game by 45 points, then no holes barred and anything goes! If I recall, they needed a win against NE their last game and he came up short...very short...to the tune of about 30 points! We can all be on this site and brag about great play players have preying on the the weak but the bottom line is, bring your A game and win against those teams we all have stated you shouldn't and won't win! Then you get my praise! GO NORTHEAST!

Anyone who had any team ahead of Northeast this year didn't know what they were talking about. Northeast was loaded this year. They had to replace one player (and he was great) but they were absolutely loaded. The problem with giving it to anyone from Northeast is that they were surrounded by so many other guys. With Rudolph, Williams, Stanton, etc. if you stop those guys you stop their entire team. Who do you focus on with Northeast? You can't focus on anyone player--you have to play everyone straight up.

As for the stats between the Co-MVPs last year, they were very close in all three games. Northeast's supporting cast was simply better than Clarksville's supporting cast last year. And CHS's star and supporting cast did find their way to Murfreesboro--for the second year in a row.

It's always difficult to name 1st and 2nd teams when you don't have accurate stats for any of the teams. But off the top of my head:

1st team--Alderson-NE

Sims -HC

Williams - Rossview

Stanton - Springfield

Baggett - Clarksville

2nd team--Etheridge-HC

Rudolph-NW (probably should be 1st)

Someone else from NE (James?)

Snead maybe?

Harper, Sparks, Childs? who knows

As for COY, no clue. Young gets a lot of the hype, but there's times when he doesn't impress me. At HC this year for example. Player of the year-Sims, although Williams will probably get it. I don't think Alderson has the numbers of the other two, and Stanton doesn't have the team success.

Which Williams are you referring to....the Williams of 2008 or 2009? 2009 has been a great year for players other than Williams...this kid fell off in terms of his scoring ability and team success. At best he has averaged 15 points this year! Couple of players on other teams averaging that with better records this year! This kid got what he deserved early on this year...that 1,000 point basketball and fell off shortly afterwards with a loss to NE! Please refrain from putting Williams and MVP in the same sentence because you are showing your true intelligence of the game of basketball! Check the stat books and you will find Alderson has held his own throughout the season and besides...they outright had the best district record this year! GO NORTHEAST!

Which Williams are you referring to....the Williams of 2008 or 2009? 2009 has been a great year for players other than Williams...this kid fell off in terms of his scoring ability and team success. At best he has averaged 15 points this year! Couple of players on other teams averaging that with better records this year! This kid got what he deserved early on this year...that 1,000 point basketball and fell off shortly afterwards with a loss to NE! Please refrain from putting Williams and MVP in the same sentence because you are showing your true intelligence of the game of basketball! Check the stat books and you will find Alderson has held his own throughout the season and besides...they outright had the best district record this year! GO NORTHEAST!

I say either alderson or one of the HC players (sims or etheridge). Sims is averagin over 20 a game easily and etheridge is right there with him. And etheridge also got to the 1000 point mark this year and he is only a junior.