10AAA

Eaglepride00

Anyone who had any team ahead of Northeast this year didn't know what they were talking about. Northeast was loaded this year. They had to replace one player (and he was great) but they were absolutely loaded. The problem with giving it to anyone from Northeast is that they were surrounded by so many other guys. With Rudolph, Williams, Stanton, etc. if you stop those guys you stop their entire team. Who do you focus on with Northeast? You can't focus on anyone player--you have to play everyone straight up.

As for the stats between the Co-MVPs last year, they were very close in all three games. Northeast's supporting cast was simply better than Clarksville's supporting cast last year. And CHS's star and supporting cast did find their way to Murfreesboro--for the second year in a row.

While you make an interesting point in that NE is a balanced team outright, you make an uninteresting point in suggesting that the MVP shouldn't be awarded as a result of their strength! The three you mention lag behind on the scale of winning percentage. Your mindset about the game of basketball tends to be one of true tunnelvision. Neither of these players have established themselves as players to take over a "BIG GAME" and "WIN" consistently! Anybody can play sporadically and play well against bad opponents! Rudolph had a big game and won against NE and got pounded the next game in which the game plan was not to stop Rudolph! Williams has come up short all year...pounded by NE twice in which the game plan was not to stop Williams! And the Stanton kid, I know nothing of, and he better be from HC or leave him out of the scenario but I can guarantee you he fell short playing against NE this year at least once. Success is defined not only by individual success but since basketball just happens to be a team sport, team play is warranted! Don't you just love the game of basketball and all it has to offer! According to my stats, the players from NE have been consistent within the district! Two close losses to district opponents at their humble abodes were losses that were eventually evened! GO NORTHEAST!

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While you make an interesting point in that NE is a balanced team outright, you make an uninteresting point in suggesting that the MVP shouldn't be awarded as a result of their strength! The three you mention lag behind on the scale of winning percentage. Your mindset about the game of basketball tends to be one of true tunnelvision. Neither of these players have established themselves as players to take over a "BIG GAME" and "WIN" consistently! Anybody can play sporadically and play well against bad opponents! Rudolph had a big game and won against NE and got pounded the next game in which the game plan was not to stop Rudolph! Williams has come up short all year...pounded by NE twice in which the game plan was not to stop Williams! And the Stanton kid, I know nothing of, and he better be from HC or leave him out of the scenario but I can guarantee you he fell short playing against NE this year at least once. Success is defined not only by individual success but since basketball just happens to be a team sport, team play is warranted! Don't you just love the game of basketball and all it has to offer! According to my stats, the players from NE have been consistent within the district! Two close losses to district opponents at their humble abodes were losses that were eventually evened! GO NORTHEAST!

Stanton is arguably the best PG in the district. I think he's a JR, and plays at Springfield. If you haven't seen him play check him out against CHS this weekend. He's quite a talent, but doesn't have the pleasure of playing on a team that is 10 deep like NEHS.

Player of the year should be Sims or Williams period. Both players have shown the ability to carry their teams. think Simms gets the nod over Williams but not much. Coach of the year definitely should be a two horse race between Wilkins and Cooper. Wilkins has the first 20 + winning season for HC since late 90's he's done a fantastic job in a football school and has less athletes than the Clarksville schools I agree with the Professor on his hype.

You really should put that pipe down because that stuff you smoking does kill! I don't know what Williams you have been following this year to suggest he has carried his team...where did he carry them...but the guy you are referencing hasn't led his team to nothing this year. Man they were favored to win the district based on the play of Williams! I love this kid's "ABILITY" to play when he comes to play but that has been very rare this year! Seeing how you just agree with other's comments within this blog, I am sure you will agree with me now that you know the truth! Sims has held his own but has fallen short of the mountaintop....I do believe NE has a better district record! GO NORTHEAST!

Stanton is arguably the best PG in the district. I think he's a JR, and plays at Springfield. If you haven't seen him play check him out against CHS this weekend. He's quite a talent, but doesn't have the pleasure of playing on a team that is 10 deep like NEHS.

He may be the best PG in a district that lacks "great" PG play. So we penalize the play of NE player's based on their residence! This district has a lot of good shooting guards that make their own shots more often than not! So it's great to know there is a needle in the haystack! But I hardly believe his play at this tenure warrants MVP status! Maybe next year! GO NORTHEAST!

you guys can say what you want but Rudolph is the best player in the district. he means more to his team than anyone... He is a big time player!!!

Your reference to "BIG TIME PLAYER" or "BEST PLAYER IN THE DISTRICT" equates to merely nothing! I can appreciate this kids admiration for scoring but scoring 28 points in a losing effort in which you eventually lose by 45 points on several occasions doesn't constitute your so-called "BIG TIME PLAYER" or "BEST PLAYER IN THE DISTRICT" tag! If my memory serves me correctly, they have managed to allocate themselves to (2 or more) great losses in the history of 10AAA basketball by allowing their opponents to almost score triple digit figures! As a matter of fact, this site could do without the jargon you compose. Entice us with your ability to come up with great chat that is worthy of further elaboration! GO NORTHEAST!

I'm surprised it took 4 pages before someone mentioned Etheridge (from Henry County).

Arguements for/against other players in the league:

Alderson -- while he is a good player, a great slasher and an adequate jump shooter, he is not hardly dominant. He is merely a good high school basketball player on a team that has several other good pieces. He is the best scorer on a big, athletic, and tough team. So offensively everything runs through him. This is not a knock on Alderson. He is a good player. I'm sure every other coach in the district would love to have him, but he isn't what you would call an MVP calliber player. (at least in my opinion)

Sims -- From Henry County. To me, this is the guy, even more so than Stanton that everyone will notice even more next year. Sims is just a winner. Ask a Henry County football fan.

Williams -- He was better last year wasn't he?! Someone else brought that up and that is a good point. I'll just leave this one alone.

Stanton/Rudolf -- Both good to even great shooter/scorers in the league but you just cannot give MVP to a guy whose team is in the bottom half of the district. You just can't. (I make the comparison you are making--that kid from Texas last year, Durrant--look at his stats in the NBA right now--they are tremendous--is anyone considering him for an MVP? No. Why not? His team success or lack their of.

Which brings my choice back to Etheridge. I'm guessing every coach in the league tries their best not to let a 6'0 post guy go crazy on them. Ha. It has to be embarrassing. Etheridge has to avg close to 20 if not over that (he's had several +30 games) and he is usually always leading the team in rebounding. He is a fun kid to watch. I dont recall seeing a kid in the past 20 years get as much out of his frame as this kid does.

I'm surprised it took 4 pages before someone mentioned Etheridge (from Henry County).

Alderson -- while he is a good player, a great slasher and an adequate jump shooter, he is not hardly dominant. He is merely a good high school basketball player on a team that has several other good pieces. He is the best scorer on a big, athletic, and tough team. So offensively everything runs through him. This is not a knock on Alderson. He is a good player. I'm sure every other coach in the district would love to have him, but he isn't what you would call an MVP calliber player. (at least in my opinion)

Sims -- From Henry County. To me, this is the guy, even more so than Stanton that everyone will notice even more next year. Sims is just a winner. Ask a Henry County football fan.

Williams -- He was better last year wasn't he?! Someone else brought that up and that is a good point. I'll just leave this one alone.

Stanton/Rudolf -- Both good to even great shooter/scorers in the league but you just cannot give MVP to a guy whose team is in the bottom half of the district. You just can't. (I make the comparison you are making--that kid from Texas last year, Durrant--look at his stats in the NBA right now--they are tremendous--is anyone considering him for an MVP? No. Why not? His team success or lack their of.

Which brings my choice back to Etheridge. I'm guessing every coach in the league tries their best not to let a 6'0 post guy go crazy on them. Ha. It has to be embarrassing. Etheridge has to avg close to 20 if not over that (he's had several +30 games) and he is usually always leading the team in rebounding. He is a fun kid to watch. I dont recall seeing a kid in the past 20 years get as much out of his frame as this kid does.

Wow, what an intelligent post. I agree with all of your assessments, you need to be more active on this thread. Well said about Alderson, he is tough no doubt but not a nightmare to match up against. I like to look at the mvp when discussing all of these great kids like this.... Let's pretend you're an opposing coach going up against one of these teams.... Which one of these kids would give you the most nightmares, who are you most worried about containing. In the sense of, if you don't contain him, he will no doubt lead his team to victory. Because I agree, an mvp can not come from a team that can not win. That term some are searching for would be a scorer. Great scorer and mvp are not the same thing...

All that said, who won the awards from yesterday's meeting???

Great post and I agree with pretty much everything. Etheridge is the best small post player I've ever seen he gets maximum ability out of his size. If he were 6'5 or so big time talent!! Sims is tough as well. Williams has always had big games against HC but just good/avg games against everyone else. Stanton does not look like the player he was last year but that me be due to coaches really keying on him. Who is #32 for NW. He's a young player that looks to make some noise in the future?

Etheridge won MVP and Wilkins won Coach of the Year. All District = NE 4 Alderson, James, Brown, ?, HC 3 Etheridge, Dumas, Sims, CHS 2 Harper, Baggett, RV 2 Williams, Childs , NW 1 Rudolph, SPR 1 Stanton, KW 1 Smith, DC 1 player.

Wow HC cleaned up! Well good for them and hope they continue on their winning ways. Both Wilkins and Etheridge are deserving and put in a great deal of time trying to be the best. Good luck to all in the tourney except when you play HC!!! lol

Wow HC cleaned up! Well good for them and hope they continue on their winning ways. Both Wilkins and Etheridge are deserving and put in a great deal of time trying to be the best. Good luck to all in the tourney except when you play HC!!! lol

Finally the season has ended so now this thread can be entertaining again. Congrats to Northeast and the four players receiving All-District awards they deserved it.

I am by no means a Henry County friend by I can respect Wilkins and Etheridge. Individual awards mean very little, but I believe Ehteridge was the best player this year in the district with Alderson close behind. Wilkins coaches like no one I have seen before. I respect his passion and he is someone I would love to coach my son. He deserves this award.

This year could be one of the tightest races down the stretch. It is wide open for Northeast, Henry County, or Rossview to take the 10AAA title and defend it in the region.

One Love

Finally the season has ended so now this thread can be entertaining again. Congrats to Northeast and the four players receiving All-District awards they deserved it.

I am by no means a Henry County friend by I can respect Wilkins and Etheridge. Individual awards mean very little, but I believe Ehteridge was the best player this year in the district with Alderson close behind. Wilkins coaches like no one I have seen before. I respect his passion and he is someone I would love to coach my son. He deserves this award.

This year could be one of the tightest races down the stretch. It is wide open for Northeast, Henry County, or Rossview to take the 10AAA title and defend it in the region.

One Love

Well I can respect that fact that you respect a great coach and player that shows you are a true gentleman of the game! I agree that this is the closest I've seen district in a long time! Good luck to all Friday night except DC of course because they are playing us!

Congratulations Coach Wilkins and Marcus Etheridge. Also, congrats to all the boys who have worked so hard all year long and prior to this season to reach this achievement. What a great honor.

I think it speaks to Coach Wilkins's credibility around the district, as he was voted by his peers COY without having won the regular season district title. I believe this is only his 3rd year at Henry County.

Good luck to all of the teams in the district. I hope you all represent us well at the Region tournament, no matter who wins.

Thanks for a great regular season.