10AAA

Eaglepride00

All games are Saturday at 7pm.

Predictions...

Beech 55 Rossview 46 (Beech already handed RHS a 50-33 Loss earlier in the year, this will be more of the same)

Wilson Cent. 68 Henry Co. 74 (Henry Co. comes off a big win in the consolation game, and road trips don't seem to bother HC that much)

Mt. Juliet 59 Springfield 62 (Springfield is playing great at home--lot's of fire power)

Northeast 60 Gallatin 45 (Gallatin doesn't have enough offense to beat the likes of NE)

It's not that I think 10-AAA is that much better than 9-AAA, but the games seem to line up that way. The match-ups seem to favor 10-AAA.

Just my opinion. And in fairness, I have seen a lot more 10-AAA than 9-AAA so I could be a bit biased. If I had to change one game I would say Mt. Juliet 55 Springfield 45, as SHS has underachieved all year long. But they are playing great now! (Which is when it counts)

What does wilson central have. Players size? Offense they run? Defense they run? Leadin scorers? Anything?

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does wilson central have. Players size? Offense they run? Defense they run? Leadin scorers? Anything?

They return two starters from a year ago that finished their season at the hands of Antioch in a sub-state game. Both returning starters, #23 Brooks and #5(I think) Stewart are guards...so guards with post-season experience (just what you would like to have this time of year).

They fill in the other 3 starting spots with good athletes, all around 6'3-ish. Good rebounders and finishers around the goal.

They play really hard, change defenses a lot traditionally, and are usually aggressive attacking the open floor. From what I hear, this year they don't have just one player you have to key on, but they play well, together as a unit.

Haven't seen them play this year, but have in the past and they are a very physical team that sets great screens and crashes the boards with a great deal of tenacity. Matching their level of play is key, because they do play hard. They tend to be cocky, but they have been pretty successful in the past so they know what it takes.

Usually force a lot of turnovers and can score in bunches. Could be an interesting matchup.

well, it turned out really convenient for HC and WC fans to have both their boys and girls at the same school on the same night, albeit at WC. i don't think our girls can handle Jasmine Hassell, but who knows which Lady Patriot team is going to show up?!?

as for the boys, i know they can tough it out and showed it by tearing Rossview a new one. glad to hear that there weren't any "incidents" this time.

ROLL RED ROLL!!!

All games are Saturday at 7pm.

Predictions...

Beech 55 Rossview 46 (Beech already handed RHS a 50-33 Loss earlier in the year, this will be more of the same)

Wilson Cent. 68 Henry Co. 74 (Henry Co. comes off a big win in the consolation game, and road trips don't seem to bother HC that much)

Mt. Juliet 59 Springfield 62 (Springfield is playing great at home--lot's of fire power)

Northeast 60 Gallatin 45 (Gallatin doesn't have enough offense to beat the likes of NE)

It's not that I think 10-AAA is that much better than 9-AAA, but the games seem to line up that way. The match-ups seem to favor 10-AAA.

Just my opinion. And in fairness, I have seen a lot more 10-AAA than 9-AAA so I could be a bit biased. If I had to change one game I would say Mt. Juliet 55 Springfield 45, as SHS has underachieved all year long. But they are playing great now! (Which is when it counts)

Good predictions. I am going out on a limb and say that RHS will beat Beech. I just happened to have watched the Beech/NEHS in which NE won. Beech plays a great zone defense whether it be 1-3-1 or 2-3. They came out in a 1-3-1 and was killing NE for the first 3 minutes until Cooper adjusted his game plan and went on the run before they could get back and set up their defense and we pounded them for the rest of the game. If RHS gets out on the run early and often, it could cause problems for Beech. It will come down to which RHS team will show up and they should be fully rested being that they have rested for the last couple of games within the district. GO EAGLES!

Good predictions. I am going out on a limb and say that RHS will beat Beech. I just happened to have watched the Beech/NEHS in which NE won. Beech plays a great zone defense whether it be 1-3-1 or 2-3. They came out in a 1-3-1 and was killing NE for the first 3 minutes until Cooper adjusted his game plan and went on the run before they could get back and set up their defense and we pounded them for the rest of the game. If RHS gets out on the run early and often, it could cause problems for Beech. It will come down to which RHS team will show up and they should be fully rested being that they have rested for the last couple of games within the district. GO EAGLES!

That would be the upset of the AAA tournament.

The girls first round region games are being played on Friday night, and the boys on Saturday.

unless i read the TSSAA.org page wrong it says that:

boys bracket:

Region 5

Hendersonville High School - Hendersonville, TN

Seeding Quarterfinals - Feb. 28 Semifinals - Mar. 3 Finals - Mar. 5

Dist. 9 #1 Beech

at Higher Seed

Dist. 10 #4 Rossview

6:00 PM

Dist. 10 #2 Springfield

at Higher Seed

Dist. 9 #3 Mt. Juliet

7:00 PM

Dist. 10 #1 Northeast Region

at Higher Seed Champion

Dist. 9 #4 Gallatin

7:45 PM

Dist. 9 #2 Wilson Central

at Higher Seed

Dist. 10 #3 Henry Co.

girls bracket:

Region 5

Hendersonville High School - Hendersonville, TN

Seeding Quarterfinals - Feb. 28 Semifinals - Mar. 2 Finals - Mar. 4

Dist. 9 #1 Wilson Central

at Higher Seed

Dist. 10 #4 Henry Co.

6:00 PM

Dist. 10 #2 Northeast

at Higher Seed

Dist. 9 #3 LaVergne

7:00 PM

Dist. 10 #1 Clarksville Region

at Higher Seed Champion

Dist. 9 #4 Mt. Juliet

7:30 PM

Dist. 9 #2 Smyrna

at Higher Seed

Dist. 10 #3 Dickson Co.

looks like the same day to me...

That would be the upset of the AAA tournament.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

NE easily over Gallatin

Springfield over MJ in close one

Beech will destroy Rossview

WC & HC is too close to call, both teams are known for their hardnose play and desire to win!

If HC brings their A game I'll go with them. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Rossview is probably the biggest disappointment I saw this year. Wow what a lot of talent to finish the year the way they did! Anyone know what's going on over there. I really thought they would be team to beat this year in district 5. Great size, athletes, some shooters, pretty well all that's needed to be a dominate team. Just baffling to see them collapse like they did. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Henry county 63 rossview 40 in third place game! Way to rebound from a tough loss and go make a statement going into the region! Good luck pats and good luck to all 10aaa teams this weekend