10A- Who will win this district?

SportsfanTN2010

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have any news from the East Robertson and Nashville Christian game? How did East only win by one on THEIR home court?

I don't know, but we only lost by one also. I know how that happened. A certain someone that is usually clutch in buzzer beaters and from the charity line missed all 3 of his last 3 free throws. 1, would of tied, 2 and 3 could of won. I do have to give him some credit though, he did hit a tre' to tie it up close to the end. I am just getting over a pretty serious illness (housebound for 4 months) so I had to rely on this forum or my wife reporting back to me, I usually watch the tape but a lot of that is the cieling or other end of the court staring at an empty net!. I love my wife and all, and she is our son's # 1 fan but sometime I have to remind her to yell "GO Offense" and not "C'mon Defense when we have the ball. God I love her.

"ANY GIVEN NIGHT, ANY GIVEN NIGHT, ANYBODY CAN BEAT ANYBODY. (Well almost).

Warriorprincess.. You are a pathetic person. Degrading high school students from another team which you know nothing about is sad. First off I would like to answer your question on slapping the backboard..Malcom smith, the CA post player had just got through pinning the ball against the backboard, therefor making the back board shake and the ball to not go in. You can not purposly hit the back board after a shot to shake it and make them miss but if you are blocking a shot off the board its going to shake regardless. Now about CA's point guard you were degrading. One foul was on boxing a kid out, another was trying to take a charge, and the other one his emotions got the best of him and picked up a tic tac hand check call. Anger management? seriously.. Him slpaping the floor could of been avoided but he is a player with passion for the game and when your that passionate your emotions get the best of you sometimes. Also refs cant win or lose you a game, its just every fans cop out of why they lost. They lost because the didnt score as many points as the other team..end of story. I know your mad that you lost but some of the things you said were un called for..and your an adult. I didnt see anybody on CA on here complaining about how your fans were talking trash to the CA players on the bench and how your crowd agged it on just as much as CA's fans did. Grow up

For your information MidTnBasketball:

I was NOT degrading the students. The backboard question was for when OUR player was shooting...Malcom Smith was not blocking a shot he just slapped it as he went up. I played ball...I know the board will shake! I was just asking about the rule. Some refs would have called a T; some wouldn't have. As for the comment about #13, I just know that once again some refs would take that and call a T. I have a son who plays and I for one would have gotten all over him if he had slapped the floor mad. I understand he was mad at himself, I have been there! As for refs "calls making or breaking a game" Yes, sometimes it can happen. We lost, but not for lack of trying to win. You need to learn some manners.

It is a ball game, please! Yes, our kids were loud, but I think so were yours. I just commented on the kids that came to our side and did it to show off. I just think that things can get out of hand quickly, when kids do that type of thing. I am a fan, I am a parent, and I am also human. I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. If you look back on my posts you will find that I want to see all the kids (both teams) play hard, play fair and yeah...... I would like for our team to win every game, but that doesn't always happen. Our boys came to play, and they played a good game. I enjoyed watching Malcom Smith play ball... he is awesome, I never said he wasn't. You have a good team; we have a good team. We all knew it would be an emotionally motivated game.

Since I am an adult.. I wish your team good luck next week.

I was at the game last night and Heritage played a great game.Albright shadowed Dillard all game and did a great job slowing him down,the rest of the Heritage team is better than I thought.The big key to the game was coaching,I know when I say this alot of HC fans are going to get mad but maybe it is time for Coach Baggett to retire.I know it is not all about winning and losing but if you see the effort given by the majority of the team and the lack of preparation[23-8after one quarter]of the team,maybe it is time for change.They obviously have more raw ability than any team in the district except for CA but always underachieve.They were down by 15 with about 6 minutes left and were walking it up the floor and trying to run plays,the best play for them all night was to let Cooksey penetrate and either get a layup,foul or assist,Heritage had nobody that could guard him yet thet continuously did the same stuff including having there 6'6 post player handle the ball at the high post/top of the key.How did ER only beat NC by a point at home?

I assume the player in previous posts from CA that was discussed was Dyer,he is a very intense player and sometimes gets a little too emotional but I do not think it is purposeful or mean-spirited.I would much rather have a kid give that much effort than to have a player with a ton of talent but is lazy.I think Mcewen teams style of play is very simialar to his.

Once again I am sorry if my post came out wrong. I didn't think that #13 was mean-spirited. I just meant he need to settle down with the slapping the floor, because some refs might call a T. That was all I really meant. I know he was upset with himself, not another player. I have been there, but my coach (back in the dino days) would have pulled my butt out to settle down for a few minutes and collect myself. When you are playing a game for a postion in the district it is emotional. Again, I am sorry if I offended anyone, that was NOT what I meant to do.

Once again I am sorry if my post came out wrong. I didn't think that #13 was mean-spirited. I just meant he need to settle down with the slapping the floor, because some refs might call a T. That was all I really meant. I know he was upset with himself, not another player. I have been there, but my coach (back in the dino days) would have pulled my butt out to settle down for a few minutes and collect myself. When you are playing a game for a postion in the district it is emotional. Again, I am sorry if I offended anyone, that was NOT what I meant to do.

Dear WP,

Too late! you have identified yourself as a parent. They will be all over you now. All their frustration, all the raging hormones that they can't take out somewhere or on their own parents will be on you! Welcome to my world. Watch that Grendal and MIDTN kid's. They are viscous and love to get us old people worked up! HANG TOUGH AND DON'T LET THEM GET YOU DOWN!

OLD PEOPLE UNITE!!!

Dear WP,

Too late! you have identified yourself as a parent. They will be all over you now. All their frustration, all the raging hormones that they can't take out somewhere or on their own parents will be on you! Welcome to my world. Watch that Grendal and MIDTN kid's. They are viscous and love to get us old people worked up! HANG TOUGH AND DON'T LET THEM GET YOU DOWN!

OLD PEOPLE UNITE!!!

Dear WP,

OLD PEOPLE UNITE!!!

Dear WP,

OLD PEOPLE UNITE!!!

Thanks scrapman. I really didn't think I had degraded anyone. My own child read my post and he couldn't figure out where that I was "being ugly" about any other kid. I am all for kids playing sports, it seems to keep them out of trouble in other areas. As for the raging homones and being upset at their own parents... I am glad I can be of help. I live with teenagers and I can handle it. Like I told MIDtn, if you go back and read my earlier posts, I Never put a kid down, and I never yell bad things at the kids on the court from the other teams. I do have to remind myself that I am an adult at the games. I am just like any other fan or parent, I want my kid's team to win, but it doesn't always happen.

I guess I will have a new motto now-----OPU (Old people unite).... only I don't feel old....oh, well that is life. Someday Midtn and Grendal's kids will be old too and there were will be some kid out there that doesn't agree with them. That is what makes this country so great.....we can agree to disagree...we have that right.

good luck to your team, scrapman, next week

wp

Thanks scrapman. I really didn't think I had degraded anyone. My own child read my post and he couldn't figure out where that I was "being ugly" about any other kid. I am all for kids playing sports, it seems to keep them out of trouble in other areas. As for the raging homones and being upset at their own parents... I am glad I can be of help. I live with teenagers and I can handle it. Like I told MIDtn, if you go back and read my earlier posts, I Never put a kid down, and I never yell bad things at the kids on the court from the other teams. I do have to remind myself that I am an adult at the games. I am just like any other fan or parent, I want my kid's team to win, but it doesn't always happen.

I guess I will have a new motto now-----OPU (Old people unite).... only I don't feel old....oh, well that is life. Someday Midtn and Grendal's kids will be old too and there were will be some kid out there that doesn't agree with them. That is what makes this country so great.....we can agree to disagree...we have that right.

good luck to your team, scrapman, next week

wp

Just wanted to set the record straight,I am in my thirties and do not have a child that plays for any of these schools.I went to HC a long time ago and live in Nashville now.Scrapman,I looked for you at the game against HC,I was going to say hello,a friend of mine is the athletic director at Christian Community and pointed you out last year.WP,I wasn't calling you out or anything,sorry if it looked that way.I am sure you can answer a question for me.How is Tom Mulliniks related to the kids that play on your team,I used to know him pretty well back in the day.I am in Mcewen from time to time because my mother has a farm on Schrock Rd. out past the high school

Just wanted to set the record straight,I am in my thirties and do not have a child that plays for any of these schools.I went to HC a long time ago and live in Nashville now.Scrapman,I looked for you at the game against HC,I was going to say hello,a friend of mine is the athletic director at Christian Community and pointed you out last year.WP,I wasn't calling you out or anything,sorry if it looked that way.I am sure you can answer a question for me.How is Tom Mulliniks related to the kids that play on your team,I used to know him pretty well back in the day.I am in Mcewen from time to time because my mother has a farm on Schrock Rd. out past the high school

I am new to the Mcewen area. I don't know him. I know where Schrock Rd. is I live not far from it. We have two mullinkiks on our team, but I don't really know them that well. Sorry.

I didn't think you were "callin" me out. I just wanted to make sure no one misunderstood me, I would never put a kid down here or on the courts. I have been the kid on the court, so I understand the emotions in a game. I just love watching the kids play. It brings back "old" memories. Since you don't have anyone playing ball, we would love to have you visit our McEwen Warriors.

Ohh, to bad. One of the games I was actually at. I have been really sick the past 4 months and have missed most of the season. I am not hard to find though, Big, Ugly and sittin on the 50 yard line. Usually far away from my better half. She can be a bit of an assault of the senses. Bought time you have some kids so we have someone to watch! Mine is in his last year, just gets more exspensive from here...... Hopefully we will see each other in the playoffs? See ya buddy.