10A- Who will win this district?

SportsfanTN2010

Clarksville Academy -68

East Robertson -55

Malcom Smith dominated the boards and dropped 32 points. Martin Smith had 21 points with a few steals. CA looked good and got a W for their first district game. East Robertson struggled on both sides with their offense relying too much on Woodard to do it all in my opinion and their defense couldnt stop the twins or dribble penetration from CA's point gaurd. CA for the most part controlled the game. How did the rest of the district look?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clarksville Academy -68

East Robertson -55

Malcom Smith dominated the boards and dropped 32 points. Martin Smith had 21 points with a few steals. CA looked good and got a W for their first district game. East Robertson struggled on both sides with their offense relying too much on Woodard to do it all in my opinion and their defense couldnt stop the twins or dribble penetration from CA's point gaurd. CA for the most part controlled the game. How did the rest of the district look?

Jo Byrns basketball team is still playing football. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Jo Byrns basketball team is still playing football. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

yep...

I went down to Houston Co tonight and watched HC and CA play. First thing I noticed was the Spurgeon boy wasnt dressed out, whats up with that?

But this is what I did see. The twins are great ballplayers, but if someone is in their face, they cant seem to make the shot fall. I would say the rebounding was about even. The score doesnt reflect the game, CA had a scoring run in the beginning of the third quarter, with one of their boys hitting a couple of 3s that put them over the top. I would say that HC probably has the quickest point guard in the district, and for being an average size guy, he can jump! Dillard played hard, but he just couldnt put up the big points tonight. As for the Skeleton boy, he desperately needs more floor time, alot of promise there though. Tyler Featherstone played well, but doesnt seem to shoot much, why???? Another promising player was the younger Featherstone boy, should mature well. Monroe played in the second and third quarter, handled the twins well, and scored over them. Still dont understand why this boy doesnt get more varsity time.

CA has put themselves a nice team together, but they are not unbeatable. JMO

CA is going to be facing some big tests over the Christmas Break when they go to face some pretty good Kentucky basketball teams in Henry Clay High School and Daviess County in the Franklin-Simpson Classic. I feel like these games will show what this team is going to do come the end of the year. It will be interesting to see how they react in a tournament environment like this one in a state that thrives on basketball.

misssports you are exactly right now football is over and coach carlisle had 15 kids dressed last night against east and they actually played with east all night on 1.5 practice seccisions so hats off to u boys get after it and stay focused it will come /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

DON'T UNDERSTAND THE HOOPLA ON HC? ARE THEY NOT 0-2 AND 0-5?

They are 0-2 in the district, but i know they beat MC and Stewart County, so they aren't 0-5. Spurgeon is out for the rest of the year with a torn acl is what I heard. Theres no hoopla, just that they were the only team in 10a that might of gave CA a run for their money. CA will demolish the other 10a teams.