10A- Who will win this district?

SportsfanTN2010

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Nashville Christian Eagles may surprise many people this year. Just like last year, they probably will not pass the look test each week. Meaning during pregame warm ups they never looked like they should win but they end up with more points at the end game. Last year NCS finished with a 31 -3 record. They have lost 6 seniors and will be playing with younger players. They are small but their coach has 1001 wins over 30 years for a reason. Not sure they will win District but will be very competitive.

The Nashville Christian Eagles may surprise many people this year. Just like last year, they probably will not pass the look test each week. Meaning during pregame warm ups they never looked like they should win but they end up with more points at the end game. Last year NCS finished with a 31 -3 record. They have lost 6 seniors and will be playing with younger players. They are small but their coach has 1001 wins over 30 years for a reason. Not sure they will win District but will be very competitive.

I feel Petrone will be able to have his Patriots up for any test in this district. They will play hard and pull games out they are not "supposed" to win. Book it!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

CA only had two starters at the summer camp this year two of the others had travel baseball and Sam their point gaurd couldn't make it. I think it will be Clarksville Academy as the outright leader and then a toss up between Houston County and East Robertson. Im curious to see how Nashville Christian will bounce back from their season last year. I think it will play out something like this..

1) Clarksville Academy

2) Houston County

3) East Robertson

4) Jo Byrns

5) McEwin

6) White House Heritage

7) Nashville Christian

what do yall think?

I think you will be suprised with east robertson this year they have alot of talent and 2 or 3 starters coming back they will give CA a run for their money in the district tourney...

In my heart I hope you are right, but with what my eyes have seen of the NCS team this year it will take a miracle for them to be competitive. Sorry, but I just don't think so. If they are then it is either Charlie's greatest coaching job EVER or the district is the weakest it has ever been. Maybe a combination of the two? Time will tell.

Houston county will be the toughest test for academy i cant wait to see them two teams play its goin to be a great game...Dillard is one of the best players in the district no question....HC has great post play an prolly one of the quickest point guards in the district...The player that will suprise everyone this year is Darius Skelton from houston county hc scrimmaged cheatham county last week and he had like 15 in the first half an ended up with 20 or 25 he will be a force down low...

baller29... would this be Brian Skelton's younger brother???

The Skeleton boy from HC should be a force this year, he has improved greatly over the summer. I think there is a relation to Brian Skeleton, not sure how.

With him and Spurgeon down low, they should be a force to reckon with. And it goes without saying that Dillard is going to be in the mix. The Featherstone boy is also a very good ballplayer, and the Cooksey boy running point is quick as lightning. HC also has a deep bench. Cant wait to see them play.

I think 10A is going to be very interesting this year.

• 2 weeks later...

I play on the team.. Unless 3 starters missing isn't that many to you than yeah we were.. Sam Porter my close friend decided he was playing before the start of summer camps. He had something to where he could not make it. And oh to your recruiting commment.. We have been the worst team in the district for I dont know how many years. It's pathetic that you have to make that kind of excuse when we do not recruit anyone.. and about the region comment.. we made it to the regional semi's last year and lost by 3 after being up 8 going into the 4th quarter and having a shot to tie in the last seconds of the game. The team we lost to went on to win the regional tournement and went on to state. Were gonna be better this year with the growth of the twins. I think we have a god chance and you'll be surprised

I wont be surprised............. you have a very good team, but someone somewhere will find a way to stop your twins, as good as they are. Smart coaching wins more games than people think it does. After watching HC play MC, there is something lacking there, they seem disjointed and dont play as a team, and they are not subbing in their second string big men. I thought HC would give yall a run for your money, but not if they dont come together. As to the recruiting remark, I know where the twins came from, and how they got here. Its justified. No matter how many years ago it was.