Dickson County @ Independence

donathan5507

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, just wow.

It looks like playoff spots are virtually set, aside from who will be 2 and who will be 3.

Indy will have to win out if they want have any hope of even getting into a tie for 4th place.

They were going to be in a good spot...finish the game tonight and you've got a game next week against Ravenwood that would probably decide the final playoff spot.

Oh well...this team has one of the top two or three players in the region and he's just a junior. Next season they will be really good, although they absolutely MUST discover some form of tailback. The inability to line up in the I-form and pound the rock is killing this team right now.

Indy will have to win out if they want have any hope of even getting into a tie for 4th place.

They were going to be in a good spot...finish the game tonight and you've got a game next week against Ravenwood that would probably decide the final playoff spot.

Oh well...this team has one of the top two or three players in the region and he's just a junior. Next season they will be really good, although they absolutely MUST discover some form of tailback. The inability to line up in the I-form and pound the rock is killing this team right now.

i will agree with heckman being the real deal as a junior, and will agree they better have some stud as runningback on the frosh team because they are way too one dimensional- this leads me TO SAY heckmans stats this year considering the fact that all the coaches in the region know they are not gonna hand the ball off are that much more impressive.

But the real SITUATION and PROBLEM with INDY is that they cant cant cant stop the run at all this year, I mean look at season stats I am talking big chucks on yards given up on the ground and not going to any games this year- what is wrong with the D?>

i will agree with heckman being the real deal as a junior, and will agree they better have some stud as runningback on the frosh team because they are way too one dimensional- this leads me TO SAY heckmans stats this year considering the fact that all the coaches in the region know they are not gonna hand the ball off are that much more impressive.

But the real SITUATION and PROBLEM with INDY is that they cant cant cant stop the run at all this year, I mean look at season stats I am talking big chucks on yards given up on the ground and not going to any games this year- what is wrong with the D?>

They got burned in the first quarter by the run. On Dickson's first three drives, they had 10 plays for 208 yards and 3 TD's.

However, the D really came to play from the 2nd quarter until the late 4th. They forced 4 or 5 punts, had several tackles for loss, and absolutely shut the run down. The pass is what killed them last night. Dickson completed three huge deep balls (including two in the final three minutes).

Wow. I knew Dickson had started to turn a corner, but I'm still shocked by this result. In the past few games, I thought Indy had started to find some rythym and had a legit shot at turning their season around. Very disappointing result for the Eagles. But congratulations to the Cougars at D.C. on a hard-earned and well-deserved W.

hsfbfan1......Enough out of you already MR. SMITH. (Notice, no "quotes" used there my friend!) You can get on here and hide behind your login name as much as you wish to do so, and continue to deny you are not who we all believe, no know, you are. Just so you know, by we, I mean many IHS supporters are aware of your antics on this site, your lack of support for the program in general and most of all the lack of support for your child. I only know your son from watching him on the field and hearing those that know him personally talk highly of him and how he has handled this season. You should sit down with him and maybe take some notes pal, because he seems to be more of a man then you are.

As for the game last night, not a good night for IHS to put it mildly. From my seat, the defense was really bad. They were run on early and often then the pass got them when it counted most. The offense was successful most of the evening. Looking at the paper, I see that they accumulated over 500 yards of offense on the ground and the air. One would think IHS won easily. This is why the game is played on the field and not on paper. There were quite a few flags thrown, and most of them at IHS. I have seen better officiating, but we all have.

I pulled up the standings this morning and see that IHS can still make the playoffs if they win the rest of their games. They would get the 4th seed over Ravenwood if they do win them all. They have Ravenwood, Brentwood and Columbia left to play. Tough task, since they are all much better teams than Dickson I am certain. Find a defense eagles, avoid the yellow flags and give your all. IT CAN BE DONE!

Go get em!

Its pathetic when a team makes it to the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP and cant even make the playoffs the next year

yeah i know man kinda like ravenwood right? thats what happens when you have a very good grad class which does not give much playing time to the younger ones. i know its about to late but these guys will figure it out

hsfbfan1......Enough out of you already MR. SMITH. (Notice, no "quotes" used there my friend!) You can get on here and hide behind your login name as much as you wish to do so, and continue to deny you are not who we all believe, no know, you are. Just so you know, by we, I mean many IHS supporters are aware of your antics on this site, your lack of support for the program in general and most of all the lack of support for your child. I only know your son from watching him on the field and hearing those that know him personally talk highly of him and how he has handled this season. You should sit down with him and maybe take some notes pal, because he seems to be more of a man then you are.

As for the game last night, not a good night for IHS to put it mildly. From my seat, the defense was really bad. They were run on early and often then the pass got them when it counted most. The offense was successful most of the evening. Looking at the paper, I see that they accumulated over 500 yards of offense on the ground and the air. One would think IHS won easily. This is why the game is played on the field and not on paper. There were quite a few flags thrown, and most of them at IHS. I have seen better officiating, but we all have.

I pulled up the standings this morning and see that IHS can still make the playoffs if they win the rest of their games. They would get the 4th seed over Ravenwood if they do win them all. They have Ravenwood, Brentwood and Columbia left to play. Tough task, since they are all much better teams than Dickson I am certain. Find a defense eagles, avoid the yellow flags and give your all. IT CAN BE DONE!

Go get em!

Your login name says it all. You have no idea who you are talking to or what you are talking about. I was extreamly proud of those boys last night and feel that they played their hearts out. You can't give up almost 100 yards in penalties and have two very bad coaching calls and survive a game that close.

I know, I know, here I go picking on the coaches again. But tell me, who doesn't go for it on 4th and goal when you're that close and need the points? And why on earth would you take the penalty on 3rd and 6 and give the other team a shot at a first down (which they got)? The kids don't make those calls.

You might be able to survive two out of three of those things but , and I hate to mix metaphors here, 3 strikes is lethal and you're out.

I, too, hope for the best for all of these boys with the remaining schedule. They certainly deserve a shot at the playoffs again this year.

You all seem to be confusing criticism and opinion for lack of support. They are two completly seperate issues. I believe I've tried to explain this before, but obviouly to no avail. I am an avid supporter of this team. And I would like to stress the word team. I have been for quite some time. It's only when I dare to have an opinion that runs contrary to the crowd and express it that I seem to become demonized.

And do me and yourself a favor, stop using the word 'friend' when addresssing me. It's obviously ment in anger and about as silly as referring to me as Mr Smith. If I were he, however, I would be very proud of Nick Smith along with all of the other players on a very special team. And I am proud of all of them. They all deserve better than to have a bunch of so-called experts arguing about their play.

Rather silly, when you think about it.

So???

Where are you at Independence???

i heard alot of talk about you guys getting good

after we whipped your butt...

now i beleive your on the outside looking in on the teams

that are going to be making the playoffs while you sit in LAST place

in the Region!!! Come on now Independence your making Franklin look bad

because you pulled out a fluke win last year... how about you step it up a little

to not drag the name of Williamson County schools through the mud