District 11aa

HHSnumber1fan

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a curious question, but why is Creek Wood playing so many of its games on Saturday?

I don't know. The Creekwood/Harpeth game at Creekwood has been on a Saturday several times and there are usually a lot of players, coaches and fans from other district teams there watching. It was a good atmosphere last Saturday. I think the other one on their schedule this year is a makup game for the freezing rain the week before Christmas.

just a curious question, but why is Creek Wood playing so many of its games on Saturday?

Montgomery Central game is a makeup. The Harpeth game has traditionally been after New Year's. Our other Saturday games were due to the schedule moving back a week. Some districts moved their schedule up, some moved it back. Our district did a little of everything(thats why we are playing Stewart and Harpeth the last week of the year). We owed games to several teams who came to our place last year. It was a nightmare trying to work around all of the changes. Hope that helps.

some good matchups tonight.

Creek Wood at 3-1 in the distrcit travels to Fairview who is 4-1. Creek Wood looks to get back on track after a defeat at home to Harpeth. Fairview is trying to prove they are for real this year. Thought on this game?

In other action, Waverly and Sycamore play tonight as well. Waverly desperatley needs a distrcit win because a loss puts them at 1-4 and in an even bigger hole. Sycamore looks to keep pace with the leaders as they sit at 3-1 as well. Thoughts on this one?

MC play Cheatham tonight. MC thought they were going to be in the top half of the distrcit this year but with 2 disappointing efforts against Fairview they are at 2-2 and try to get a much need win tonight against the Cheatham Cubs who are winless in the district.

finally, Harpeth travels to Dover to take on SC. SC is bad this year, but you never know what can happen when you travel to Dover as you usually have to beat the SC team plus three officials. Thoughts?

Predictions: CW over Fairview by 15, Wavetly upsets Sycamore in a close one, MC beat Cheatham fairly easy, and Harpeth by 20 over SC.

some good matchups tonight.

Creek Wood at 3-1 in the distrcit travels to Fairview who is 4-1. Creek Wood looks to get back on track after a defeat at home to Harpeth. Fairview is trying to prove they are for real this year. Thought on this game?

In other action, Waverly and Sycamore play tonight as well. Waverly desperatley needs a distrcit win because a loss puts them at 1-4 and in an even bigger hole. Sycamore looks to keep pace with the leaders as they sit at 3-1 as well. Thoughts on this one?

MC play Cheatham tonight. MC thought they were going to be in the top half of the distrcit this year but with 2 disappointing efforts against Fairview they are at 2-2 and try to get a much need win tonight against the Cheatham Cubs who are winless in the district.

finally, Harpeth travels to Dover to take on SC. SC is bad this year, but you never know what can happen when you travel to Dover as you usually have to beat the SC team plus three officials. Thoughts?

Predictions: CW over Fairview by 15, Wavetly upsets Sycamore in a close one, MC beat Cheatham fairly easy, and Harpeth by 20 over SC.

I say Harpeth by 15. They can usually beat Stewart County plus 3.

Creekwood over Fairview by 8.

Sycamore over Waverly by 2.

Central over Cheatham by 12.

Harpeth over Stewart Co. by 8.

It's funny that everybody mentions the poor officiating when they have to travel to Stewart County. What's up with that? This is the third or fourth comment this week about the referees at Stewart County.

Fairview is at home and I think it will be a close one tonight with Creek Wood but the Red Hawks get the nod.

It's homecoming night at Sycamore so don't know if that will provide some added incentive for the War Eagles. Waverly lost a tough one to Harpeth on Tuesday and they want a district win real bad. The makings of this game make it ripe for Waverly to pull the upset.

Harpeth should be able to grab an early lead and put it on cruise control at SC tonight and come away with a big double digit win.

Montgomery Central will keep Cheatham winless in the district.

Bbash - I think you are on the money for tonight's games. Good predictions!

Harpeth is going to roll over Stewart Co. They always seem to have luck against the Rebels.

Fairview will suprise Creek Wood tonight. I like the Jackets at home in a close battle.

Sycamore will beat Waverly in a barn burner tonight in Pleasant View. Look for this one to go to the final posessions.

Cheatham Co. will get a win tonight against a Montgomery Central team that seems to be floundering as the new year has arrived.

District 11-AA Standings (MY PREDICTION) After Tonight's Games

1.) Fairview (5-1)

2.) Sycamore (4-1)

3.) Harpeth (4-1)

4.) Creek Wood (3-2)

5.) Montgomery Central (2-3)

6.) Cheatham Co. (1-4): TIE

6.) Waverly Central (1-4): TIE

8.) Stewart Co. (1-5)

Tomorrow night's Montgomery Central-Creek Wood game is going to be a huge one as far as a possible home court district opener goes. Montgomery Central has already gotten wins over both Waverly & Cheatham and I like their chances to get a pair against Stewart Co. At least earning a split with as many teams as possible in the district makes a huge difference on that final night when the seedings for the tournament are set in stone.

Where is the Stewart County faithful. At the beginning of the year they were one of the teams to beat and Smith was the MVP. Oh, then they found out maybe they are not that good and no one wants to talk any more. Now Stewart County upsets Harpeth. I guess you think they will win the district now. Oh, and I guess now you probably think DYLAN SMITH FOR PRESIDENT !!!! Come on lets here it.

Well bkballer30, SC has had their ups and downs this year but they don't get on here and post anymire because they dont want to start anything and remained focused on the task at hand and not what others think. They came out tonight and took it to Harpeth all night. In the 4th Harpeth cut it too 3 but then a 3 by Matt Earhart put it too 6 and later on a technical after a foul by Horkins it put it to 10. I have to say that Harpeth lost their composure and partly due to the great job we the students did in the stands. Hopefully SC can keep the momentum they have and get another big win Tuesday.

Well bkballer30, SC has had their ups and downs this year but they don't get on here and post anymire because they dont want to start anything and remained focused on the task at hand and not what others think. They came out tonight and took it to Harpeth all night. In the 4th Harpeth cut it too 3 but then a 3 by Matt Earhart put it too 6 and later on a technical after a foul by Horkins it put it to 10. I have to say that Harpeth lost their composure and partly due to the great job we the students did in the stands. Hopefully SC can keep the momentum they have and get another big win Tuesday.

I just no how SC likes to toot thier own horn because nobody else will. I figured we would hear all about it.