District 11aa

HHSnumber1fan

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waverly beats Harpeth 48-44.

Waverly came to play and they played well. Every team member contributed to the game. Caruethers was totally shut down in the middle and the outside. Harpeth led 3-2 at the beginning and never had the lead again. Way to go Tigers you proved yourself tonight!!!!!!!

Waverly beats Harpeth 48-44.

Waverly came to play and they played well. Every team member contributed to the game. Caruethers was totally shut down in the middle and the outside. Harpeth led 3-2 at the beginning and never had the lead again. Way to go Tigers you proved yourself tonight!!!!!!!

Thats extremely correct. Waverly came into the game with all the confidence in the world, and executed the coaches game plan. Unfortunately, Harpeth did not. They looked like they didnt even want to play from the start. All of them seemed to be lazy. walking to the huddle and stuff like that. They did not work waverly's zone d at all. And Caruthers well i think the stat was 5 for 25 from the field (2 dunks so he only hit three shots) 1 for 14 from three! Harpeth needs to find their identity. Which under Coach Wilson is gonna be hard nose defense and execution of a game plan. Waverly deserves much credit, they prepared better and they gave a better effort. The game shouldnt even have been as close as it was.

SC vs MC good ballgame SC had lead all night! But lost it in the end .SC was out coached and played at the end.! CONGRATS MC you did what it takes to win you fought to the end.SC has talent you have to coach them!The coach has to play the talent he has .SC fans know who can do what! Example 6'3 wr has athletic ability.The coach needs to use the talent he has .

1 of 8 from the free throw line for Harpeth. Waverly missed maybe 2 or 3 with a lot more attempts. I didn't think it was a particularly well played game by either side. It was 20-13 at half time. That's a decent quarter. Waverly blew a 10 point lead that Harpeth cut to 2 on 2 or 3 occasions and had turnover, turnover, poor shot selection. 8-10 charge calls of which at least half were questionable. I think we can safely say at the half point of the district schedule that the refereeing is like Deja Vu Showgirls.............one good ref and 2 ugly ones.

Bottom line is you have to pull up and make the short jumper or knock down the 3's when the defense collapses and falls like bowling pins every time you penetrate. Did anybody else notice the refs changing sides of the gym in the middle of the quarter? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

1 of 8 from the free throw line for Harpeth. Waverly missed maybe 2 or 3 with a lot more attempts. I didn't think it was a particularly well played game by either side. It was 20-13 at half time. That's a decent quarter. Waverly blew a 10 point lead that Harpeth cut to 2 on 2 or 3 occasions and had turnover, turnover, poor shot selection. 8-10 charge calls of which at least half were questionable. I think we can safely say at the half point of the district schedule that the refereeing is like Deja Vu Showgirls.............one good ref and 2 ugly ones.

Bottom line is you have to pull up and make the short jumper or knock down the 3's when the defense collapses and falls like bowling pins every time you penetrate. Did anybody else notice the refs changing sides of the gym in the middle of the quarter? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Sounds like a rough game!

Gonna be a rough practice Sunday.

I do like that 5 of the last 7 district games for Harpeth are at home. The road is rough, particularly for young teams. By my count, Harpeth played 3 seniors, 3 juniors, 3 sophomores and 3 freshmen last night. That experience is going to help that youth, but it's rough going some times. The defensive effort was there for the most part. Harpeth needs points out of some of the other guys besides Trey.

Just so much inconsistency from the Indians these days. You never know which group is going to show up. I thought the boys did some good things against Fairview, but it sounds like it was a complete no show for the Indians Friday. Girls team is the same way, never know which team is going to show up. Boys district race is wide open for everyone except Cheatham. However, the district as a whole is as weak as I can ever remember (both boys and girls). Unfortunately, there just isn't any good teams this year, boys or girls.

The refs seem like the worst ive seen in a long time. They definately made their mark on this game, but harpeth was determined to shoot the runner on the baseline instead of pullin up. Both teams had there share of mistakes, but in a four point game missed free throws for Harpeth could have made the difference. They had to play from behind and began to play about 110% speed, but that seemed to create more turnovers and quick shots on the offensive end because they were in such a hurry.

Just so much inconsistency from the Indians these days. You never know which group is going to show up. I thought the boys did some good things against Fairview, but it sounds like it was a complete no show for the Indians Friday. Girls team is the same way, never know which team is going to show up. Boys district race is wide open for everyone except Cheatham. However, the district as a whole is as weak as I can ever remember (both boys and girls). Unfortunately, there just isn't any good teams this year, boys or girls.

Agreed Phil.

And as far as the refs go, well, I guess you should just play as if they are going to be bad and stop griping about it.

I agree as well. Not only is the district considerably weak compared to years past, but also each team is completely inconsistent. I have never seen so much overlap in wins and loses. (girls and boys). There isn't even a thread for 11AA girls' teams, which has never been the case in years past. Guess there is nothing to talk about.