District 11aa

HHSnumber1fan

First of all, ksgovols, i understand what you mean now by mathematically during the season, but i was thinking come playoff time. any team can win come february, and thats what i was thinkin of...not during the season.

as for the game tonight between waverly and sc, it was rough. SC started hot but started to play scrappy with too many turnovers and missed opportunities. it was a 16pt game but was close most of the way with SC never really out of it til the end. What i think is funny is how everyone says that when they come to SC they play 5 on 8...SC's 5 against the opposing team and the refs. tonight it was the other way around, SC had no shot at gettin to the foul line because the fouls were lopsided. with 2min left in the 4th quarter, waverly had 4 team fouls while SC had 10+. Coach holt made a smart move in the second half movin dylan smith to the high post to help open up the offense, but could never get goin because he had 2 people gettin a piggy back ride on him every time he touched it, and it was never called. but if waverly got a fast break (which happened way too often) the ref would call a foul if SC grazed a players jersey with it being more of an anticipation call. i understand if the refs wanna let them play, but seriously call it both ways. SC had 1 or 2 guys foul out and i dont know if waverly even had a guy in foul trouble and thats with waverly pressing full court the entire game...doesnt really make sense to me. and another thing, the ref allowed waverly players to stand in the lane forever, the only reason it was ever called is if someone yelled it for 5 seconds. but anyways, with that off my chest, waverly played extremely hard and were very focused on the job at task. they did well penetrating the gaps in the zone and bustin the open shot, as well as drawing contact (something the refs only saw on one side of the court). if waverly ever gets goin, they can be deadly from the 3pt line and is a lower seeded team that could go to the top in the tournament. good luck to both team the rest of the season and good job on a hard fought game

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harpeth beat Montgomery Central tonight 59-52. Trey Caruthers had 22 and Horkins had 12 for Harpeth. #50 had 16 for Central. Harpeth played well defensively and had flashs on offense. They led by as much as 10 in the first half, Central tied it up in the 3rd and just ran out of steam. Both teams lost their legs a little in the 4th in an up and down game. Harpeth sort of gutted this one out. It's a W.

Heard Creekwood beat Sycamore by 1.

DISTRICT STANDINGS

1.) Creek Wood (7-1)

2.) Sycamore (6-2)

3.) Harpeth (5-3)

4.) Fairview (5-3)

5.) Waverly Central (4-4)

6.) Montgomery Central (4-5)

7.) Stewart Co. (2-8)

8.) Cheatham Co. (0-7)

First of all, ksgovols, i understand what you mean now by mathematically during the season, but i was thinking come playoff time. any team can win come february, and thats what i was thinkin of...not during the season.

as for the game tonight between waverly and sc, it was rough. SC started hot but started to play scrappy with too many turnovers and missed opportunities. it was a 16pt game but was close most of the way with SC never really out of it til the end. What i think is funny is how everyone says that when they come to SC they play 5 on 8...SC's 5 against the opposing team and the refs. tonight it was the other way around, SC had no shot at gettin to the foul line because the fouls were lopsided. with 2min left in the 4th quarter, waverly had 4 team fouls while SC had 10+. Coach holt made a smart move in the second half movin dylan smith to the high post to help open up the offense, but could never get goin because he had 2 people gettin a piggy back ride on him every time he touched it, and it was never called. but if waverly got a fast break (which happened way too often) the ref would call a foul if SC grazed a players jersey with it being more of an anticipation call. i understand if the refs wanna let them play, but seriously call it both ways. SC had 1 or 2 guys foul out and i dont know if waverly even had a guy in foul trouble and thats with waverly pressing full court the entire game...doesnt really make sense to me. and another thing, the ref allowed waverly players to stand in the lane forever, the only reason it was ever called is if someone yelled it for 5 seconds. but anyways, with that off my chest, waverly played extremely hard and were very focused on the job at task. they did well penetrating the gaps in the zone and bustin the open shot, as well as drawing contact (something the refs only saw on one side of the court). if waverly ever gets goin, they can be deadly from the 3pt line and is a lower seeded team that could go to the top in the tournament. good luck to both team the rest of the season and good job on a hard fought game

Whoa!!!! What game were you watching. Take off the black and gold colored glasses!!!! I will gladly admit the officiating was bad, but bad both ways. Even worse in the girls game (basically nothing called short of a mugging), but to even hint that Waverly got by with murder is ridiculous. Bottom line after the first quarter Waverly was just quicker and sharper from the field. Now if we could just get that scoreboard operators attitude adjusted! When an apology is offered one should accept it not tell a coach "You need to get to the locker room and coach your team" especially when the scoreboard operator is the one not doing there job.

after last night, some team are in a big hole. SC losing to Wavo all but ends their hopes of hosting a first round game. If fairview and harpeth both win one more game each, then SC can not pass them for fourth. MC losing has put them in a tight spot to get in the top four to host as well. They already have lost twice to fairview and now the best they can do with harpeth is spilt. not impossible for MC to finish fourth, but it will be an uphill climb.

wavo has pulled back into contention for a home game. they are 4-4 and trail harpeth and fairview who are both 5-3. Wavo is done with harpeth and they spilt. the two remaining fairview vs wavo games will probably decide the 4 spot and who can get a home game. if they finish in the 4 and 5 spots in the district, they will end up playing in the first round of the tourny which would be the 3rd game in two weeks between the two.

harpeth has put themselves in a good spot to get the three seed, but needs to beat fairview at home in a few weeks barring any upsets. if fairview takes care of business against wavo and cheathem, then a win over harpeth could put them in the three spot. I dont see harpeth or fairview beating sycamore or creek wood again this year.

this could make for some interesting matchups in the first round as MC, Wavo, Fairview, and Harpeth will all play in the play in round, just where and who each plays is up for grabs.

I dont see harpeth or fairview beating sycamore or creek wood again this year.

Correct me if I am wrong as I have not seen to many games this year, but didnt Sycamore beat Harpeth by less than 5 at Sycamore? Also, Harpeth beat CW at CW, correct? I think Harpeth's chances against Sycamore/CW at home is 50/50. I havent seen CW play this year, but have seen Sycamore and they did not impress me that much.

Whoa!!!! What game were you watching. Take off the black and gold colored glasses!!!! I will gladly admit the officiating was bad, but bad both ways. Even worse in the girls game (basically nothing called short of a mugging), but to even hint that Waverly got by with murder is ridiculous. Bottom line after the first quarter Waverly was just quicker and sharper from the field. Now if we could just get that scoreboard operators attitude adjusted! When an apology is offered one should accept it not tell a coach "You need to get to the locker room and coach your team" especially when the scoreboard operator is the one not doing there job.

is this message board for boys basketball or girls basketball, keep to the subject. Im talkin bout the boys game. seriously how can you say that the calls didnt go more towards waverly in the BOYS game. only 4 fouls in the second half called on them with 2 min left?!? i mean crap, yall pressed all game and dylan smith couldnt even catch the ball at the high post because he would have a guy or two on his back every time he caught it. he even went to the ground a couple times with someone on top of him and there not be anything called. now im not sayin it wouldve changed the outcome of the game, im just sayin that the refs were definately not on SC's side last night. when someone is on another guys back preventing him from catching a pass, its a foul...but never called our way. on the other hand when waverly got a fast break layup and we graze a shoulder or jersey or give a little love tap, the ref would call it. im just sayin they need to be more consistant.

now since your obviuosly stuck on the girls game considerin that your there mainly for that game anyway, the refs didnt do much better. the difference though is that game it was bad both ways. but im wonderin how a girl from waverly can go to throw the ball in and never be out of bounds. she threw it inbounds without being out of bounds and the refs doesnt pay any attention and waverly comes down and hits a 3. talk about bad reffing. thats jr. pro stuff there. and i know what the clockkeeper said might not have been the correct thing to say but officially it is not his job to make sure players get into the game. the referee is supposed to blow them in and it was their fault for not looking at the scorestable. yes usually the clockkeeper does it but the thing is, he doesnt have to because the player cant always be seen sittin on the ground out of his sight. but the player is always in the refs sight. thats all i have unless you give me more to backfire with.

o and ksgovols, i guess your startin to get your controversy stuff you've been wanting since its now january and tourny comin up soon. good luck to everyone in the district

Correct me if I am wrong as I have not seen to many games this year, but didnt Sycamore beat Harpeth by less than 5 at Sycamore? Also, Harpeth beat CW at CW, correct? I think Harpeth's chances against Sycamore/CW at home is 50/50. I havent seen CW play this year, but have seen Sycamore and they did not impress me that much.

We could go at this we beat so and so, we only lost by 5 all day. for example: harpeth gets beat by 13 at SC, fairview beats SC in dover by 9 and at home by 28. harpeth beat fairview at home by 13. Sycamore loses to CW by one, Sycamore beats Harpeth by 5, Harpeth beats CW at CW, Wavo beats Harpeth by 4, CW beats Wavo by 30 and so on and so on.

point is, it doesn't really matter what happened in previous games this year. it depends on who is playing good on any particular night in this district this year. as inconsistant as Harpeth has been this year, i just don't see them beating CW or Sycamore the second go around. it is obivous having seen every team play this year in the district that CW has the most talent and unless you have an above average night and they play poorly they are going to win. Sycamore is under sized but plays well and they do what they do well and that is run and gun. the difference in CW ans Sycamore and the rest of the district is they don't really on one person to carry the load. harpeth counts too much on trey, fairview on bledsoe, SC on dylan smith, MC on number 50. if the one player has a bad night, the team loses.

is this message board for boys basketball or girls basketball, keep to the subject. Im talkin bout the boys game. seriously how can you say that the calls didnt go more towards waverly in the BOYS game. only 4 fouls in the second half called on them with 2 min left?!? i mean crap, yall pressed all game and dylan smith couldnt even catch the ball at the high post because he would have a guy or two on his back every time he caught it. he even went to the ground a couple times with someone on top of him and there not be anything called. now im not sayin it wouldve changed the outcome of the game, im just sayin that the refs were definately not on SC's side last night. when someone is on another guys back preventing him from catching a pass, its a foul...but never called our way. on the other hand when waverly got a fast break layup and we graze a shoulder or jersey or give a little love tap, the ref would call it. im just sayin they need to be more consistant.

now since your obviuosly stuck on the girls game considerin that your there mainly for that game anyway, the refs didnt do much better. the difference though is that game it was bad both ways. but im wonderin how a girl from waverly can go to throw the ball in and never be out of bounds. she threw it inbounds without being out of bounds and the refs doesnt pay any attention and waverly comes down and hits a 3. talk about bad reffing. thats jr. pro stuff there. and i know what the clockkeeper said might not have been the correct thing to say but officially it is not his job to make sure players get into the game. the referee is supposed to blow them in and it was their fault for not looking at the scorestable. yes usually the clockkeeper does it but the thing is, he doesnt have to because the player cant always be seen sittin on the ground out of his sight. but the player is always in the refs sight. thats all i have unless you give me more to backfire with.

o and ksgovols, i guess your startin to get your controversy stuff you've been wanting since its now january and tourny comin up soon. good luck to everyone in the district

okay I tried, I tried real hard not to comment on your first post about the refs being onesided to waverly. That really is a joke. SC players were pulling our boys jerseys and no fouls were being called. We won't even talk about the one at the end of the game when the jersey of Gilbert was pulled so hard he almost went to the ground and it wasn't called an intentional foul. Graham had 4 fouls called on him didn't even play probably 4 mins the entire game because of the poor calling. The 4 th foul that was called on him was so bad that it made it obvious they were only trying to get him out of the game. When you are sandwiched between two defenders one hits in the face and the other is pulling your jersey and he gets the foul called. hmmm....... We also won't talk about all the traveling calls that were not called on SC. I agree it was a poor called ballgame but to say it was called waverly's way is a joke. It was not a one sided calling and if it were onesided it was definitely SC way because of all the jersey pulling that NEVER got called except for the one on Gilbert that like I said was an intentional foul. We also won't talk about the elbow throwing that went into Voegl to try and get him fired up. I give him a big kudos for keeping his composure and staying in the game. And no we didn't press the entire game, yes we pressed alot but not the entire game. Credit is given to all the Tigers for keeping their composure and playing a well played game. Your statement that it didn't make a difference in the final win or loss to the game is correct, but Waverly has played some games that they lost early in the season that the officiating cost us the game without a doubt. I think it's sad that you can't get a fair called ballgame for both sides. These refs are there not to just call a ballgame but they are also setting an example to these players and it is a POOR example they are showing.

The Tigers are finally showing what kind of team they really are. They had a slow start but they have come into the 2nd part of the schedule showing their talent and just how deep our bench really is. Graham was out basically the entire game with the foul trouble. Hale didn't play due to an ankle injury and he is one of our main relief players. Purcell is out with an injury another one of our main relieve guys. Coach Kevin can take out 3 and 4 starters at one time and the Tigers can still stay in the game and make progress. Keep a watch out for Matt Brassfield who the past 2 or 3 games has just been a BIG assett and has made some big plays when he is on the court.

Keep up the good work Tigers your going to move up the ladder quick!

never mind keep those black and gold colored glasses on. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

im going by the way the 2nd half unfolded, fouls were pretty even in the 1st half but not the 2nd. i agree with you on the holding jersey part but that didnt take place as much as the foul at the high post. the thrown elbow shouldnt have happened, but there was a waverly defender all over him and a foul was never called. so he lost his composer. in my earlier post i was intending more towards the 2nd half of the game. when all this crap is goin on and there is only 4 team fouls on a team that pressed "most" of the game, its a joke. they would call tick tack fouls on SC and wouldnt call the same thing the other way. and u cant say they didnt call call the fouls on SC cuz waverly was in the bonus fast, whereas SC couldnt get in the bonus. but anyways, im done talkin bout this game...more games to be played and talked about...unless other ppl wanna keep it goin

the refs wasnt at ther best for sure waverly played the better game and won. what i don't understand is the score was like 13 4 sc then waverly came back and outscored sc 21-2 in the second qt. in the 3rd sc scored 15pts. that was the last time those 5 players was on the court together.Until it was to late I understand giving guys breaks. but get real some guys mesh together better than others do.It takes 5 players playing as one to win and thats what Waverly did.